Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

i personally prefer the comedy in HYB and RIABB compared to the one in WYWS. i just couldn't connect with that... the drama was great and all, but the comedy side wasn't for me. it's probably the same as in the others but it didn't capture me. it's pretty difficult for me to find a scene funny and really laugh while i'm watching it, and it happened with HYB and RIABB, so i can say those were good attempts at comedy (from my point of view).

i've been planning on watching Fix You too! i'll quickly touch on jung somin again for @hilllllllly, yes, BTIMFL is an amazing drama! this isn't a thread about the drama and i don't know if i can go off-topic so i'll just say i liked every character in there. i liked the main couple, i liked the main character's friendship with the side characters and all their stories were enjoyable and relatable. i was totally immersed. i also really liked the quotes that the drama had. what i liked the most is that it made me think, it's almost philosophical and it's certainly deep. it taught me something. it's not a rushed drama, more of a slice-of-life drama, but it's so well-edited together and every situation got the right amount of screen time, which is something i consider important, in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Killa92 said:

Anneyeong everyone. I am new here. Nice to Meet you.

welcome, welcome! nice to have you here! :heart1:

It would be cool if LSJ did a daily drama(I don't know if he would do another??) or a rom-com. Comedy would be great as well!!!:).

Also I am still working on watching Doctor Stranger. Other drama's have kept me busy plus I can't watch this one at night.

2 hours ago, Killa92 said:

Anneyeong everyone. I am new here. Nice to Meet you.

Hi @Killa92 and welcome!!!:)

• Like 5

@Killa92 Welcome!

@jongkkot (sorry, dunno why the tagging thing suddenly isn't connecting)--agree on RIABB over WYWS. Hm, I felt like CEH was a character a bit similar to JJC, but somehow both the serious and comical sides just integrated better in RIABB. I enjoyed both, but I understood CEH better.

@backstreetboysfan Enjoy Doctor Stranger! I watched that one long winter at the gym. It kept me on the treadmill so that I wouldn't end up in heart surgery, lol. No Dr. Park Hoon where I live! :) 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, jongkkot said:

i personally prefer the comedy in HYB and RIABB compared to the one in WYWS. i just couldn't connect with that... the drama was great and all, but the comedy side wasn't for me. it's probably the same as in the others but it didn't capture me. it's pretty difficult for me to find a scene funny and really laugh while i'm watching it, and it happened with HYB and RIABB, so i can say those were good attempts at comedy (from my point of view).

You already know this, but I love WYWS and that includes the comedy, but I will admit to having inherited my dad's weird sense of humor. I thought the scenes between Jaechan and his brother were very funny. It actually gave me a very big soft spot for Shin Jaeha, so Jongsuk's IG story from yesterday was extra nice! I love those two together. All of his projects are so good and different from each other that I have a hard time comparing them, but I agree that RIABB and YHB also had great comedic scenes too. 

Thank you for the rundown of BTIMFL! You too, @frozentundraI'm going to check it out this week and then add it to my list. It sounds like a good one!

21 hours ago, frozentundra said:

JS was pretty funny in High Kick, and he had humorous moments in WYWS, too. It's not what people are usually focused on, but it's there. It would be fun to see more of it.

I really wish there was an easier way to watch High Kick. I downloaded the first 60 episodes and loved them, but haven't watched the rest because it's so time-consuming to download and watching on all the free, ad-heavy sites kills my computer. Amazon has it listed, but it's no longer available since dramafever shut down. I wish Viki or Kocowa would buy the rights to it. I think it's something that deserves to be seen by more people, for sure. 

Welcome, @Killa92! It's always exciting to see someone new here. 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, hilllllllly said:

I really wish there was an easier way to watch High Kick. I downloaded the first 60 episodes and loved them, but haven't watched the rest because it's so time-consuming to download and watching on all the free, ad-heavy sites kills my computer. Amazon has it listed, but it's no longer available since dramafever shut down. I wish Viki or Kocowa would buy the rights to it. I think it's something that deserves to be seen by more people, for sure. 

Amen to this! Whenever people ask me for a recommendation of a light, funny, feel-good drama to watch when they are stressed, I want to say, HIGH KICK! I am still so bummed about Drama Fever! HK has these super short episodes and you can watch some and come back later and not lose anything. It's funny and every so often has these heartwarming moments that just suck you in. (Usually the JS parts...) I'm always hoping someone else will buy the rights and show it. 

Also, I hope someday to live in a house with a secret tunnel underneath the laundry room... (I just don't want it to come up under the neighbors' toilet, lol.)

• Like 5

13 hours ago, frozentundra said:

@backstreetboysfan Enjoy Doctor Stranger! I watched that one long winter at the gym. It kept me on the treadmill so that I wouldn't end up in heart surgery, lol. No Dr. Park Hoon where I live! :) 

Thanks so much, I am hoping I can watch some more this weekend, I have seen two episodes so far.

• Like 4

On 3/8/2021 at 12:12 AM, hilllllllly said:

I hear people talking about Because This is My First Life all the time! Is it really good? I don't think I've seen Jung Somin in anything but Little Forest and her cameo in What's Wrong with Secretary Kim, but every time I see her, she definitely stands out to me. I've been meaning to check out BTIMFL and her most recent drama... oh! And the one she did with Seo Inguk. If you guys say she's really good, she must be!

I don't really hear people talk much about how funny Jongsuk is or how well he could carry a comedy, but I would really like to see him do that one day. Maybe not his comeback drama, but he has so much personality that his comedic moments are natural and uniquely hilarious. I feel like handsome actors are often typecast as serious and angsty and aren't usually asked to carry the comedy in whatever drama they're in. Hot Young Bloods comes to mind. He said his people didn't want him to take the role because it required him to be weird and "ugly", but I love that movie so much. I'd love to see him do something comedy-driven again.

I think Jong Suk is the best in Melodrama genre. I usually feel it when he cries and something gets caught in my throat. That was what happened in Hymm of Death. He gives a bit of goofy air in comedy scenes, though not bad.  Lee Jong Suk is powerful side is melodrama. Also maybe  he can try Saeguk series but I don't like Saeguk. Hopefully He will come back with the Fantastic or thriller genre as a change.

• Like 6

兵役を終え今後の活躍に期待が高まる 人気実力派俳優 #イ・ジョンソク 2018年 来日イベント映像がVODとして #KOALIVE で独占配信

販売期間 2021年3月12日(金)~ 2022年2月10日(木) 17:00

配信期間 2022年3月11日(金) 17:00まで

Commemoration of Lee Jong Suk's discharge! Exclusive delivery through KOALIVE, Jong Suk's last fan meeting video before enlistment!

You will see a talk session where you can get a glimpse of the real life-sized figure, as well as the recitation of piano performances that Lee had repeatedly trained for about two months.

* Ticket purchase period from
March 12, 2021 (Fri) to February 10, 2022 (Thu) 17:00

* Delivery period From
March 12, 2021 (Fri) ~ March 11, 2022 (Fri) 17:00

To purchase tickets and watch videos, <KOALIVE! > Registration (free) is required.
~ For more details, please check on the link and my comment below *

[3/12 sales start] 2018 LEE JONG SUK FANMEETING 'Crank Up' in JAPAN (VOD) - at  Yen1,200 (tax included)

This video is composed of one video selected from all three performances including additional performances, and it is a content unique to VOD that you can fully enjoy the different charms of each performance.

- For purchasing tickets and watching videos, <KOALIVE! > registration (free) is required.

- The delivery URL is the purchased <KOALIVE! > It can be viewed only with an account.

- Customers who purchase the ticket can enjoy the video as many times as they like during the distribution period.

https://koa-live.com/products/2018-lee-jong-suk-fanmeeting-crank-up-in-japan

• Like 3

Awww, we are so blessed lately :D

Jong Suk-ssi has been so kind and sweet - he is posting almost everyday.

Loving this fresh PINK look of him.   
The look is so unexpected  - indication of spring or belated Happy White Day or Pink Day, whichever he wishes to choose :D

giphy.gif
I might go for your this hairstyle, Mr Lee - haha!

Thank you @Rania Zeid for your post.  
:heartxoxo:

• Like 5