Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

On 3/2/2021 at 5:40 PM, jongkkot said:

you're welcome! you're free to share it if you want! 

Done!  I make sure in my caption , I wrote to credit you LOL
Your translations are good and are going round in circulation !  
Keep them coming @jongkkot   
I know it involves a lot of time and effort.   

:heartxoxo:

• Like 3

On 3/1/2021 at 11:24 PM, Eliza Marlowe said:

I see. Thanks for your answer.

Which actress do you guys want to see him with?

I don’t really have an actress I want to see him with... or at least any that are available right now. They all seem to be booked doing something else. I was happy about the rumor about him working with Song Hye Kyo, but it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen. And I’ve always had a soft spot for Shin Minah... but that might be awkward given who she’s dating in real life. I think it would be fun if he acted with someone lesser known and they blew everyone away. But if that can’t happen, I’d love for him to be with an actress who is well established and would create for hype for the drama. Someone with a built in fan base. I’m afraid of him starring with someone who people know but aren’t impressed by. I notice everyone seems pretty stuck in their opinions and I don’t want it to be hard for anyone to accept the pairing. I felt like people were negative about Suzy and Lee Na Young when news of them working with him came out. I loved both dramas very much, but I want his comeback to be perfect and highly anticipated without anything negative standing in its way. 

What about you? Do you have anyone specific in mind? What about people he’s already done something with? Do you guys think that would hurt or help? 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, hilllllllly said:

What about you? Do you have anyone specific in mind? What about people he’s already done something with? Do you guys think that would hurt or help? 

I have someone in my mind, she is Kim Taeri, you probably know her in Mr. Sunshine. She is a famous movie actress too. Mr. Sunshine was her only drama till now. But, she is a well-established actress with enough fanbase. A very good actress too. She is 90er, so, she is around the same age with Our Jong Suk. She is someone who could on par with Jong Suk in talents, visuals and fame.

Two of them would be my dream pairing.

The next drama is very important for him since it's the military comeback. So, I don't really want to see him with any of his previous leading ladies. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

5 hours ago, Eliza Marlowe said:

I have someone in my mind, she is Kim Taeri, you probably know her in Mr. Sunshine. She is a famous movie actress too. Mr. Sunshine was her only drama till now. But, she is a well-established actress with enough fanbase. A very good actress too. She is 90er, so, she is around the same age with Our Jong Suk. She is someone who could on par with Jong Suk in talents, visuals and fame.

Two of them would be my dream pairing.

The next drama is very important for him since it's the military comeback. So, I don't really want to see him with any of his previous leading ladies. 

Oooh! I watched Kim Taeri in Little Forest not too long ago and thought about how good she would be with Jongsuk! They would definitely be a beautiful couple, that's for sure. And choosing someone his age might be a smart move since he's done so many things with his noonas. Is Kim Taeri free right now or is she already working on something?

I agree that his next drama is very important. I have seen quite a few popular actors return from their service in the last few years and stumble a little with their comeback choices. The only one that really seemed to nail his choice recently was Kim SooHyun with It's Ok to Not Be Ok. That did incredibly well and left an impression. Oh, and Kang Haneul in When the Camellia Blooms. Seeing some choose bad or subpar dramas that even their comeback couldn't save has made me think a lot more seriously about the fact that returning from military service isn't going to guarantee a hit. I'm anxious to hear what he's going to choose, but one of the things Jongsuk has done best is choose the right dramas. He said something in a recent interview about how the perfect choice always finds their way to him. I want a new drama like... yesterday. But the fact that he's taking his time and making sure it's the right fit also makes me very happy. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, hilllllllly said:

Is Kim Taeri free right now or is she already working on something?

I agree that his next drama is very important. I have seen quite a few popular actors return from their service in the last few years and stumble a little with their comeback choices. 

Kim Taeri has a new movie as upcoming project. I think she would be available. Not sure about if she wants to go back for dramaland. She mostly does movies.

My thoughts exactly! I don't want him to make the same mistakes as them. 

I always trust his choices and decisions. Can't wait to hear the good news from him.

• Like 3

Jongsuk is not only good at acting, he is good at picking a decent script. So I think he will likely avoid some of the issues others have stumbled over in terms of rushing to pick a project and then having it not really be a good one. My only request for costars, be it male or female (he said recently that while he likes melo as much as anyone, he would like to branch out into some other genres as well) is that they can ACT. He's been fortunate in that regard until now, so hopefully it continues. The right script and cast will come along! And I'm definitely looking forward to it when it happens.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

My only request for costars, be it male or female (he said recently that while he likes melo as much as anyone, he would like to branch out into some other genres as well) is that they can ACT. He's been fortunate in that regard until now, so hopefully it continues.

I do wonder if he'll pick a project without a romantic storyline, but with his emphasis on the fans liking that most and trying to please them, I'm not sure. Something with less emphasis, but where it still exists, maybe?

I'm always curious if the star has any say in who they act with. You mentioned wanting them to know how to act and how he's been lucky so far, but wouldn't someone at Jongsuk's level be matched with someone of equal skill and talent? I could see him landing a crappy co-star in the early/mid 2010's, but I'm wondering if there is a way to prevent that now that he's at the top of his game (or if it just happens naturally because they would never pair him with someone questionable at this point in time). Are there many cases of someone really good being dragged down by their co-star later in their career? 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Oh, I'm not worried about him being dragged down or any damage to him. He's too big and too advanced for that. Just as a viewer, it's nicer to watch something where the actors are on the same general level of skill so I can get lost in what I'm watching and not worry about if they can all carry it. 

He'll be fine. He has had great success thus far with getting to work with some really excellent costars and fellow cast members. Whether it's someone he's worked with before or brand new to him, whether it's someone who is an emerging actor with talent or someone well-versed in the field, I'm sure he will work hard to create a good project with them. I'm just curious what that project will be! 

• Like 5

On 3/5/2021 at 1:39 AM, hilllllllly said:

I don’t really have an actress I want to see him with... or at least any that are available right now. They all seem to be booked doing something else. I was happy about the rumor about him working with Song Hye Kyo, but it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen. And I’ve always had a soft spot for Shin Minah... but that might be awkward given who she’s dating in real life. I think it would be fun if he acted with someone lesser known and they blew everyone away. But if that can’t happen, I’d love for him to be with an actress who is well established and would create for hype for the drama. Someone with a built in fan base. I’m afraid of him starring with someone who people know but aren’t impressed by. I notice everyone seems pretty stuck in their opinions and I don’t want it to be hard for anyone to accept the pairing. I felt like people were negative about Suzy and Lee Na Young when news of them working with him came out. I loved both dramas very much, but I want his comeback to be perfect and highly anticipated without anything negative standing in its way. 

My opinion Song Hye Kyo, Nam Ji Hyun, Lee sung kyung and IU would be very compatible with LJS.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Selin Eroğlu said:

My opinion Song Hye Kyo, Nam Ji Hyun, Lee sung kyung and IU would be very compatible with LJS.

On thinking a bit more, I might add Jung So Min to this list. I've seen her in a few things and I feel like she's a strong, sensitive actress who might work well with JS's style of acting. 

• Like 4

i agree, @frozentundra! Because This Is My First Life was the first drama i watched of hers and i liked it a lot, it's one of my favorites! then i watched the reality show Little Forest. she's a kind person but she's also good at acting, i think she would match well with jongsuk's gentle personality. they're both good at emoting with their face and their eyes. they're both soft-spoken people too, it would be heavenly to listen to them talk to each other.

23 minutes ago, jongkkot said:

i agree, @frozentundra! Because This Is My First Life was the first drama i watched of hers and i liked it a lot, it's one of my favorites! then i watched the reality show Little Forest. she's a kind person but she's also good at acting, i think she would match well with jongsuk's gentle personality. they're both good at emoting with their face and their eyes. they're both soft-spoken people too, it would be heavenly to listen to them talk to each other.

BTIMFL was also the first one I saw with her. Haven't seen Little Forest but she was also in a recent one called Soul Doctor (varying translations of the title--it's about someone with borderline personality disorder). She can do both serious and funny, seems to have serious acting chops, and seems like a kind person, like you said. 

Everyone has their strengths, it's true, but sometimes you get people who are very good at humor but not melo, or they are great with serious things but can't do comedy. Since I think JS can do all of those things very well, I'd hope that the other people cast with him could carry across that range more or less equally. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, jongkkot said:

I hear people talking about Because This is My First Life all the time! Is it really good? I don't think I've seen Jung Somin in anything but Little Forest and her cameo in What's Wrong with Secretary Kim, but every time I see her, she definitely stands out to me. I've been meaning to check out BTIMFL and her most recent drama... oh! And the one she did with Seo Inguk. If you guys say she's really good, she must be!

I don't really hear people talk much about how funny Jongsuk is or how well he could carry a comedy, but I would really like to see him do that one day. Maybe not his comeback drama, but he has so much personality that his comedic moments are natural and uniquely hilarious. I feel like handsome actors are often typecast as serious and angsty and aren't usually asked to carry the comedy in whatever drama they're in. Hot Young Bloods comes to mind. He said his people didn't want him to take the role because it required him to be weird and "ugly", but I love that movie so much. I'd love to see him do something comedy-driven again.

• Like 5

JS was pretty funny in High Kick, and he had humorous moments in WYWS, too. It's not what people are usually focused on, but it's there. It would be fun to see more of it.

As far as BTIMFL I know people who love it and people who didn't connect. (I loved the main couple although I was less invested in the side stories. YMMV.) The point of that one is that she is this warm person and he is like a robot until he finally cracks (and that moment is incredibly satisfying). Fun fact: they have a cameo in Secretary Kim as that main girl's parents. That was pretty satisfying, too... Anyway, I feel like JSM is a versatile actress and that is always fun to watch. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1