Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

Eng explanation by artsypulse on above twitter :

JS will be the topic of discussion on #KangHanna ‘s Volume Up (KBS Cool Radio) @volumeup891

This program revolves around the artist’s work so if you plan on leaving questions as suggested in the post, kindly restrict it to his acting & other creative ventures

Again these are NOT questions for JS, but more like conversation topics about his dramas / movies / behind the scenes etc

https://twitter.com/ddo_jpgif

• Like 5

5 hours ago, ibru said:
Seems that Jong Suk became a model for Prada?

What do you think ?

I've wondered if this Prada deal would extend past the Esquire cover too. Jongsuk modelled Omega watches on the cover of Esquire in 2019, and a few months before that, attended an Omega watch event. It never escalated into a contract with legit ads, but that could've been due to his enlistment. In 2017, Esquire gave him the cover while modelling Saint Laurent. I think they even did the photoshoot in Paris where the runway show was being held. These mini-endorsements and deals are really fun, but I've gotten the feeling this one might be extended. I imagine there are many brand deals knocking at his door. People are loving his look. I haven't really heard a single bad thing about it. And he just looks so happy to be back! It makes me think back to how sad he was to leave. The smile on his face makes the last 2 years feel worth it. :wub:

ETA: The finished Esquire covers...

3rJebStCxXjMFExTDadscGHArFmPbhNOG4Wf8A5r

yboE-peM70Ag4by0XdC0i3ROzd90lp9F4OXAKIUr

So the headline of his interview is "Reset, Ready, Go!" How exciting! It sounds like he has a lot planned now that he's back. :lol:

• Like 5

[Exclusive] Lee Jong-Seok is said to be in discussion to appear in new movie "Decibel"

2021.01.19. 10:53 am
(google translate)
0000112625_001_20210119105337316.jpg?type=w430

'Decibel' is a new film from the production company East Dream Sinopex. The story unfolds when a bomb that responds to sound is found in the city. A year ago, when a terrorist attack occurred in the city due to an incident involving a submarine, the deputy commander, reporter, military security support command, and other key figures prevented it.

Lee Jong Suk started acting as an actor through the 2010 drama 'Prosecutor Princess', 'Secret Garden, ''School 2013'', I hear your voice, 'Doctor Stranger,  ''Pinocchio, ''Double U'(W), 'While You Were Sleeping, ''Romance is a Bonus Book', etc.

From March 2019, he took a hiatus to fulfill its national military obligations.  After discharged, Lee Jong-Seok delivered the news of a special appearance in the new film The Witch 2,'' directed by Park Hoon-jung, who also directed the movie`VIP.''

In 'The Decibel', Lee Jong-seok, actors Kim Rae-won, Park Byung-eun, and Sang-hoon Sang-hoon were listed in the cast. In the meantime, director Hwang In-ho, who directed ``Creepy Love'' and ``Monster,'' is aiming for crank-in this spring.

iMBC Lee Ho-Young | Photo provided by = A-MAN Project

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/408/0000112625?lfrom=twitter

• Like 7

perhaps if he confirms it we'll get to hear more about what kind of character he's going to portray. there's no information about that, but for the others in the cast there is already a little description of who they'll be playing as. why call it a comeback if it's not a main role or the antagonist role? what do you guys think?

4 hours ago, jongkkot said:

perhaps if he confirms it we'll get to hear more about what kind of character he's going to portray. there's no information about that, but for the others in the cast there is already a little description of who they'll be playing as. why call it a comeback if it's not a main role or the antagonist role? what do you guys think?

I have not heard of the other actors except Kim Rae Won.   For the 3 to be offered specific roles and being mentioned, appears to be a very positive sign, as per Soompi's hot news.   However, the translation was that they are still considering, same as Jong Suk.  
When I look at the cover photo, my first impression reminded me of VIP 2017 movie LOL
:D  would it be an antagonist role?   JS too is still considering.  Guess we just have to wait.

We know he wanted to do more movies and darker, meatier roles , something that he has not tried , that challenges his usual given roles in his 20s.   But he is so good being a romantic lover. 

Also comparing to 2+ hour movie, it would be nice to see him in drama, which has more screen time in more than 10 episodes the least.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, kembie said:

We know he wanted to do more movies and darker, meatier roles , something that he has not tried , that challenges his usual given roles in his 20s.   But he is so good being a romantic lover. 

Also comparing to 2+ hour movie, it would be nice to see him in drama, which has more screen time in more than 10 episodes the least.

I think we'll get both. Like @jongkkot said, it may not be a lead role since the synopsis says the movie is about the characters being considered by the other actors. I also think it's very possible that whether he takes this role could depend on the other projects he's considering and how they all fit together into his schedule. The Esquire cover story suggests that he's ready to be busy so I doubt a single movie that he may not even have a main role in is going to be all we see him do for awhile. 

I'd also only ever heard of Kim Raewon too, @kembie. But I read lots of people saying this movie will be a hit with such an amazing cast, so that made me excited!

• Like 5

SBS Star

[SBS Star] Lee Jong Suk to Make a Grand Return with a New Action Film

Published Tue Jan 19 16:55:00 KST 2021
Updated Tue Jan 19 16:55:00 KST 2021

[SBS Star] Lee Jong Suk to Make a Grand Return with a New Action Film

Actor Lee Jong Suk is currently in talks to make his long-awaited comeback with a new action film.

On January 19, it was reported that Lee Jong Suk would be starring in a new action movie titled 'Decibel' (working title).

Shortly after the report was made, a source from Lee Jong Suk's management agency A-MAN Project told media, "It is true that Lee Jong Suk has received an offer to join 'Decibel'. The actor is positively reviewing the script."

http://img.sbs.co.kr/newimg/news/20210119/201512401_700.jpg

According to reports, 'Decibel' centers around a bomb that responds to sound is discovered at the center of Seoul.

The terror attact occurs following an incident that happened a year ago in a submarine, and a submarine commander, reporter, and a member of the Defense Security Support Command join forces to prevent the explosion of the bomb.

http://img.sbs.co.kr/newimg/news/20210119/201512403_700.jpg

At the moment, top actors including Kim Rae Won, Jung Sang Hoon, and Park Byung Eun are also considering joining the film.

Meanwhile, the production of 'Decibel' will begin this spring.

(Credit= A-MAN Project)

(SBS Star)

https://news.sbs.co.kr/amp/news.amp?news_id=N1006177398&news_id=N1006177398&__twitter_impression=true

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

Interview summary from @frozentundra
It’s his first photo shoot after military service, and he was nervous. He hopes it comes out well. He dieted for it as he gained 10 kg in the military and then wanted to slim down. 
-
Since he worked steadily before service, doing his military service was actually a bit of a break, and he found it relaxing. 
-
They asked about anything in particular that he remembered. He said that since he was working at a welfare office, he became interested in social welfare. He even thought about getting a social welfare certificate while in the service but “I gave up because I thought it would be impossible. I would have to fill 120 hours of practice on site.” 
-
He says that he thinks social workers want to help everyone, but the truth is, resources and the number of social workers are limited, so sometimes there are disputes when someone is calling in for help. 
-
One particular memory is from the early part of his service. There was a civil servant who recognized him. This civil servant would go in and sit in the same room with him… ALL DAY. Basically he was doing surveillance to make sure celebrities were doing the work they were supposed to. So LJS worked really hard! 
-
He still thinks he is not a born actor, so he works hard to make up for it. He mentioned that he liked the character of Cha Eun Ho (from Romance is a Bonus Book). Most of the works he’s done have had some kind of fantasy element to the storyline, and RIABB was realistic. However, he feels that CEH is himself a bit of a fantasy character because he’s so perfect. He would like to be a person like that.
-
He says he wrote a note to the writer of RIABB while in service, saying he’d become a better person while in service. “She told him, just live comfortably.” He thought maybe he would relax a bit and stop blaming himself for his shortcomings, as he has in the past. He wants to not be so self-critical, and love himself more. 

1382040c-3f36-4d78-a2e4-6cf4e32c0a62.jpg

9c2408e5-9345-406a-bc04-cc28c84e6d8c.jpg

9fb29310-b510-44be-9d95-2726722b6bff.jpg

Spoiler

ea6e92fb-a43b-4bd1-bf4a-d81f690c35f8.jpg

3915606a-a3d3-481c-9216-5f798112f95a.jpg

PHOTOS FROM INTERVIEW :hooray2:

https://www.esquirekorea.co.kr/article/51420

• Like 6
  • Blob 1