Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

And...here you go. Finally an official confirmation and article about Big Mouth. I was wondering about the title; now I get it. (There is no "th" in Korean so Big Mouth and Big Mouse would be spelled the same: 빅 마우스)

4503136606bf4f02acfc464aa9200cb9.jpeg?s=

Lee Jong Suk And Girls’ Generation’s YoonA Confirmed To Star In New Drama

Aug 31, 2021
by C. Hong

Lee Jong Suk and Girls’ Generation’s YoonA will be starring together in the 2022 tvN drama “Big Mouth” (literal title)!

“Big Mouth” is a hard-boiled noir drama about a third-rate lawyer who winds up in charge of a murder case that turns him overnight into a genius conman known as “Big Mouse.” In order to survive and protect his family, he must expose a huge conspiracy among the privileged upper classes.

Lee Jong Suk will star as Park Chang Ho, a third-rate lawyer with a 10 percent success rate. He is the type to be all talk and no action, so his legal acquaintances call him “Big Mouth.” But one day, he is mistaken for a genius conman known as “Big Mouse” and his life is put in danger.

YoonA will star as Go Mi Ho, a nurse and Park Chang Ho’s wife. She is the one who made her husband into a lawyer with her unshakable support, and when she learns that he is being mistaken for a conman, she sets out to clear his name herself.

“Vagabond” writers Jang Young Chul and Jung Kyung Soon are listed as creators on “Big Mouth,” and Oh Choong Hwan, who worked on the mise-en-scène for “Hotel Del Luna,” will be working as the director.

“Big Mouth” is set to premiere in 2022.

(See https://www.soompi.com/article/1486574wpp/lee-jong-suk-and-girls-generations-yoona-confirmed-to-star-in-new-drama)

• Like 8

I'm fairly new to the world of kdrama and I'm curious: is this the first time LJS will play the role of a husband? I've watched two of his dramas, Pinocchio and RIABB (really enjoyed them both). My impression of his other shows and movies is that he has always been cast as a young adult, and not yet a married man :).

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

I'm fairly new to the world of kdrama and I'm curious: is this the first time LJS will play the role of a husband? In his other shows and movies it seems like he's always been cast as a young adult, and not yet a married man :).

Nope, it's actually the third time he'll play a married man. :) First in W, then in Hymn of Death, and now this one. (I guess technically there have been wedding scenes at the end of others, but I mean as far as him being actually married while the plot is going on and not as the final scene or something.)

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

Nope, it's actually the third time he'll play a married man. :) First in W, then in Hymn of Death, and now this one. (I guess technically there have been wedding scenes at the end of others, but I mean as far as him being actually married while the plot is going on and not as the final scene or something.)

Great. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity without me having to track down all his appearances! :lol:

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

It's totally worth tracking them all down, though! :D 

I can imagine! He's a gifted actor - made me cry my eyes out in Pinocchio and laugh a bunch in RIABB!

School 2013 and W are already on my growing list of dramas to catch up on. Sigh. I wish I'd discovered kdramas 10 years ago, instead of just a year ago :wacko::D.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

I can imagine! He's a gifted actor - made me cry my eyes out in Pinocchio and laugh a bunch in RIABB!

School 2013 and W are already on my growing list of dramas to catch up on. Sigh. I wish I'd discovered kdramas 10 years ago, instead of just a year ago :wacko::D.

I sorta envy you, though...all those dramas to discover for the first time! Since I can't go back and watch them  for the first time again, I try to infect as many people as I can with Jong Suk fever, though... :D 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Original post: https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=jongsuk&no=380237&page=1

How exciting! I've always thought there would be a comedic element to the drama despite the serious subject matter, but this could just be Jongsuk being a goofball. Either way, I love that it looks like he's having fun!

And a happy belated welcome to the K-drama family, @the_sweetroad! I remember being overwhelmed by how much I had missed too, but you'll catch up and love every minute of it. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Thanks @hilllllllly @frozentundra@backstreetboysfanand others! I've definitely enjoyed almost every minute of all the kdramas I've had the chance to watch since October 2020. :lol: My husband and kids get annoyed that they can't get my attention when I'm watching something, but when they sit down to watch with me they're laughing and engaged, too. My husband tried FOUR times to leave the room and get dinner during the first episode of Pinocchio, but ended up sitting down after all and watching Ep 1 and 2 before he could finally break free. Thought you all would enjoy hearing that. :D

Seriously so much to catch up on, though...and then new dramas starting all the time as well. I hardly get any work done anymore...Not sure how you all cope!

• Like 6