Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

2 hours ago, frozentundra said:

Actually his post said, "I got it it because it looked like him." He tagged Kim Woo Bin right on the stuffed animal's face, meaning he thought it looked just like KWB, who is featured in the other pictures. Heh. I agree. Something about the eyes!

Aww, that for the clarification @frozentundra!:).

• Like 3

Google/IG translation can come up with some pretty weird things sometimes. :) And the first time I saw his post, I missed that he had tagged the stuffed animal's face with KWB's name. But that's what he was trying to say. Heh. The more I look at it, the more it makes me laugh, because it really does look like KWB!

And @hillllllllyI think if I was going to list off five core traits of JS, that loyalty to special people would be one of them. He seems to really treasure those relationships with people close to him, and that loyalty does span years. 

• Like 3

Hi, everyone!

Covid is not a reason don’t to be inactive on IG, 

Jong Suk has promised to be active during his interview (you all remember)… but he is not…

His agency doesn’t give any information about him at all, everything is so strange ,

a specialty my attention to JS… 

I don’t see the same person which made me happy before…

but I’m still his fan and will wait till his next drama 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I understand the frustration of his lack of communication. I have the same problem when I’m having a bad day and just wish there was something to take my mind off of it. But I truly think Jongsuk is between a rock and a hard place right now. 

A lot has changed since he enlisted. Not only is he fighting against all movies being pushed back and all dramas being booked quickly due to covid, but let’s not forget that he had to make the hard decision to close 89M last year. That was a place he would have been able to communicate with fans and be seen during this waiting period. He can no longer do fan meetings, signings, or travel for side projects. In the world we live in now, his only option is to do things he avoided doing before. He never communicated with us through live streams or variety shows, and everything he used to post on social media was related to his current project (give or take the same amount of updates we’re still getting)… but that’s all he really has left. Should he make an effort and be more vocal? I wish he would. But I understand how hard this time has been for everyone and I don’t even know what has happened in his private life. Dogs may have passed away, parents may be sick… we don’t know. 

Anything Jongsuk gives us at this time will seem like crumbs after such a long time of waiting. Like you said, @ibru, we just need to wait for his first project to be released and see how that changes things. 

• Like 4

The world is sure a completely different place than it was before he left. 

I think we feel it also because when someone has a lot of projects going on, there is a surrounding community supporting that activity, but when activity drops off, then the community thins out a bit as well, as there are no new projects to discuss. So you end up missing not only the person who drew you into it in the first place (someone you don't know but are a fan of), but also the community and connections you've made with other fans (who you do know, at least as well as you can know someone online). 

He's been working so hard this year, though--my hope is that soon we can see the results and things will revive. 

• Like 4

Good point, @frozentundra. The fanbase as a whole can't thrive without activity from him (certainly not after a mandatory 2 year break), but we are all stuck in limbo until the work he's done is released. I'm sure he's just as antsy as we are for that to happen.

Honestly, one of the reasons I hesitate to get upset at his lack of communication is the fact that he's been working nearly non-stop since his discharge. If January 2, 2021 came and went with little to nothing from him and no news of projects, I'd probably feel differently. The cards are just stacked against us right now. 

• Like 3

On 8/21/2021 at 6:04 PM, ibru said:

Hi, everyone!

Covid is not a reason don’t to be inactive on IG, 

Jong Suk has promised to be active during his interview (you all remember)… but he is not…

His agency doesn’t give any information about him at all, everything is so strange ,

a specialty my attention to JS… 

I don’t see the same person which made me happy before…

but I’m still his fan and will wait till his next drama 

Agree, I know Lee Jong Suk doesn't like social media, but his job requires using it. If he doesn't want to lose his fans, he should be a little more active. So instead of posting a picture rarely, for example, he can open a vlive once a month and share his feelings. Because everyone went a little crazy in Corona and it would help to open up a little. I don't like social media either, but celebrities are liked, they can post more often, even if their project is not ready, they can send energy to their fans. Or he can post his pictures once a week. He shares it little bit, but since it's been almost 3 years, he needs to give more content. We'll probably see when he shoot a drama. Not a problem for me. I'm also a fan of some kpop idols and they give more content to their fans even if they are in the military even active duty. I guess that's why I'm not a kdrama fan as much as I used to be. Lee jong suk don't be shy, give more content. Also I'm curious about his drama with Yoona. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So, it looks like Big Mouth has started filming already! I've seen a lot of hoping for a confirmation, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards for us this year. We didn't get confirmation of a lot of stuff he's done and since they are all different production companies and projects, I can't imagine it's just a Jongsuk thing. 

I wonder if he's already on set or if he starts next week? 

• Like 4