Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

It's really crazy how wearing his hair like that makes him look exactly like he did years ago. He truly is a chameleon all the time, but I find it most impressive when he can revert back to a look we haven't seen in such a long time.

I wonder where he is and what he's doing? You can see from the top of his head and the glow of his shirt that there is a red/purple light overhead. I assume he was filming something, but I guess we'll just have to wait to find out, right? We've gotten good at that.

• Like 8

i saw this earlier, it looks like it's the same place? in the first picture he shared though i can see someone's hand to the left, it makes me think he was getting his makeup/hair done, rather than spending some leisure time at a cafe.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, jongkkot said:

in the first picture he shared though i can see someone's hand to the left, it makes me think he was getting his makeup/hair done, rather than spending some leisure time at a cafe.

Ooh! Someone told me there was speculation about where he was, but I was skeptical anyone could know because the background looked like it could be replicated easily. Seeing that though, obviously it's the same. The light gave it away. And I think you're right about it being for something. Possibly a photoshoot, maybe Big Mouth, or even something we wouldn't be able to guess. Jongsuk likes to share pictures that become relevant later. Once a tease, always a tease. ^_^

• Like 6

I know that patience is a virtue, but I'm having a hard time with the lack of transparency and as a result, the fan's reaction to it. It makes sense to wait for "official" word about a drama before getting your hopes up, which is why I wish they would speak up and let us know more. But there is absolutely no way they would be filming in early September (2 weeks from now) without 100% certainty that Jongsuk and Yoona were on board. On top of that, we have seen official casting notices throughout the Summer that confirm that they are part of the cast. But all morning, I have seen fans begging for confirmation and still hoping they will both accept this drama.

I guess I just find it upsetting that we can't even celebrate a sure thing. I know that certain things need to be put in place before press releases are permitted and with covid, there is extra caution in just about everything. I just think fans deserve to be excited and waiting for confirmation that doesn't seem to be coming hasn't been very fun. So much of the industry has changed due to the pandemic and I think part of that change should be keeping fans more informed as a result of all the delays and precautions. If we could have an idea of how long we'll be waiting for The Witch 2, Decibel, Big Mouth, and even some of the smaller things like whatever small projects he's teased us with over the last few weeks, I would be more than happy to wait. But the fact that we may or may not be waiting well into 2022 for anything is a hard pill to swallow, especially when we will spend every single day excited with hope that it'll happen sooner.

• Like 6

it doesn't help that his social media presence is not strong, in the sense that he's not updating us even on his instagram with whatever he's doing in his daily life, be it filming or not. i have no idea why the official news about them accepting the roles doesn't get released. i can't even find a good reason for it. i wish it would just come out. we know that they accepted anyway since, like you said, there's no way they'll start filming in september without confirmation, but it would just be better to have official confirmation! is that hard to do?

• Like 6

Yeah, I agree. It might be in Korea's nature to deal with problems like their isn't one or to keep certain feelings to themselves. It seems like a lot of their celebrities have gone a bit cold without explanation. Yoon Kyunsung deleted his IG and everybody I've checked (Suzy, Park Shinhye, Lee Minho, Park Seojoon, Lee Sangkyung, IU, Jung Hae In, Lee Dongwook, etc.) are all posting once a week or less. Sometimes it's only once a month!  I really don't get it. I mean, I do. Things have been hard. Lives have been shook. I don't expect them to overcome it to entertain everyone else (beyond making movies/dramas like they have been) but it does make me feel worse that times are hard and the people who make me happy are all disappearing too. If there can't be appearances/travel/fanmeetings while dramas are overbooked and movies are piling up, it's important to fill that void in other ways. I guess nobody feels up for the task.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I wonder if some of the vagueness is due to covid--they don't want to announce beginnings and endings in order to keep fans from trying to show up at a time when they're trying to make sure their cast and staff don't get and spread covid. And maybe thanks to the impact covid has had on movie schedules, that has a chain reaction in actor schedules, too? I imagine a lot of scheduling is up in the air still, so maybe they want to wait until the last minute before making final commitments. 

Or...maybe everyone is just wrung out from all this?

It's interesting that JS has gotten quieter on IG even as his following number has risen exponentially. Maybe he got used to being anonymous while in the military and is okay with that or something.

It's really a long wait, though...I've been hearing casual fans wondering why he's been out of the army 3/4 of a year and still no drama. I think they didn't realize that his first two projects have been movies (get a number, stand in line--all movie releases are delayed due to covid). I guess this year there probably won't be a fan meeting in September? I wish he would do one online, that would be so nice. But right now I suspect the next thing we'll get to see is Big Mouth. I am hoping it's scheduled for the nearest possible opportunity!

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

I wonder if some of the vagueness is due to covid--they don't want to announce beginnings and endings in order to keep fans from trying to show up at a time when they're trying to make sure their cast and staff don't get and spread covid.

28 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

Maybe he got used to being anonymous while in the military and is okay with that or something.

I think there is a lot of truth to both of those points. I also think society has been reluctant to adapt in this situation out of hope that things will go back to normal soon. Jongsuk has definitely gotten into the habit of being on social media less, so I wonder if he feels like he isn't officially back until the projects he's working on are released? When he was discharged, he was on magazine covers promoting his return. In that way, he had something for the fans that he could promote and gift us with and he was on IG more as a result. Since then, he's gone quiet and steadily worked so he'll have more to give. It makes sense that he'll feel empty-handed until the project he's working on are released. I imagine most of the happiness he gets out of being an actor is when everyone else gets to see it. In many ways, he's stuck waiting too. 

I feel a lot of sympathy for Jongsuk when it come to fanmeets. The reason he always did so many of them compared to anything else is because the love from the crowd made him less anxious than if he were to do a variety show or livestream. An online fanmeeting is essentially an unedited version of all the shows he's avoided going on his entire career. We would get to see him, but he would get virtually nothing out of it himself. The fact that nobody knows when he'll be able to have a genuine, in-person fan meeting again is horribly sad (especially for the guy who cried at his final few before enlistment) and might be a big reason why there is a disconnect between us. Lots and lots and unresolvable emotions there.

• Like 5

Hahaha, the stuffed animal really does look like Woobin. :wub:

It's really heartwarming how much Jongsuk's friends mean to him and how loyal they are. We see the cast from WYWS liking his posts and leaving comments all the time, but going back as far as School 2013 (and even further, like Secret Garden), he never seems to lose touch with friends. I think back to the fanmeeting where Woobin surprised him for his birthday and how emotional he got. It's not unusual for friends (even that close) to lose contact after nearly a decade. The way Jongsuk loves his friends (and they love him) is truly special. He's such a tender-hearted guy. And yes, I'm very glad that he shared this with us after much complaining yesterday. ^_^

• Like 4