Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

EVENT: Celebrity Sightings

Have you met your favorite oppa? What was he like? Was he taller than you expected? :love:

Or do you want to meet him? What would the meeting be like?

Share your stories with chingus on the Celebrity Sightings thread.

We want to read your gossip!

:evilelmo:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart326 @Sleepy Owl @agenth @Lmangla

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

EVENT ALERT! As many of the dramas are on a break for Olympics, we thought it will be fun to have an Olympics theme poll. What sports would you participate in if you were a super athlete? Join us for some sports related fun and chatter! 

re: @partyon, @Sleepy Owl, @confusedheart326, @agenth, @Lmangla 

• Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

7 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

EVENT ALERT! As many of the dramas are on a break for Olympics, we thought it will be fun to have an Olympics theme poll. What sports would you participate in if you were a super athlete? Join us for some sports related fun and chatter! 

I'm not terribly athletic myself, so I dunno what I'd do. Fencing maybe? I am less bad at that than other things. 

I can tell you my favorite Olympic athlete, though. :D 

b53a8e_03a30975a20a4f72bf42a014898367f8~

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I saw a post yesterday from the health staff who has been working with JS on Decibel (I think she checks for covid every day or something). She posted "the end" and "goodbye" in her caption, so it sounds like it may be truly done? (Then again, I've seen a lot of posts that look like "the end" posts, and then I see they are filming more, lol.) But it may be truly the end if Big Mouth is starting up already.

I have to say, I'm super impressed at how JS can leap from one project to another in one day. From Witch 2 to Decibel to Big Mouth. I personally would need a little time in between to shed one character and take on another, but...this is why he is paid the big bucks. :D

• Like 5

So, I guess this post indicates the final day of filming for Decibel. Honestly, I'm kind of relieved that this hadn't happened yet. Jongsuk was much more visible and active until his filming schedule got really busy. With the Big Mouth table read taking place last week, I was under the impression that Decibel had already wrapped up and was kind of discouraged that things stayed the same. I know there isn't any guarantee that anything will change. He's still going to be incredibly busy. But at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel. These last 4 months kind of felt like an eternity. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 6

Hmm. Very happy to see it be changed to 16 episodes! I'm not against shorter dramas, but the more Jongsuk, the better.  I'm also happy to see them getting the weekend time slot. That means they have a lot of faith in it to do well.

The plot seems... interesting? If this is true, it's way different than I originally thought it was going to be. The original synopsis didn't say he was going to be a suspect in the case or that his wife would have to decide whether she believed he was innocent or not. The only thing that sounds similar is the battle between defeating evil and being evil. I wonder how accurate this is because it sounds pretty different than anything he's done in the past.

Like discussed earlier, I really hope this drama is picked up by Netflix. It will reach a bigger audience and the promo they do is way, way better than any other outlet. I can't imagine them letting it slip out of their hands, but I could also see IQIYI spending a lot of money as an exclusive to grow their membership. I really, really hope that doesn't happen though.

• Like 6

Thanks for sharing, @hilllllllly! I don't know how accurate it is, either, but it certainly sounds interesting. And I would not complain about 16 episodes. :) I wish people (speaking of social media users, not you, hilllllllly! I appreciate your sharing so we can talk about it) would give a primary source for their information, though, more than just "weibo." If anyone finds an original source for this, please do post a link. I feel like this has gone through the telephone game being translated through several languages, and I'd just like to see the original. 

Really hope it's not an IQIYI exclusive--I don't want to get a different streaming service every time I watch a drama! But I could see them doing that to grow their membership, sigh. (And of course I would subscribe, at least for a short time, to watch it.) But I'm hoping for Netflix, too!

• Like 5
  • Love 1