Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

Well, I guess that answers my question… maybe. Thanks, @jongkkot! I did wonder if the last casting notice just had the wrong dates, but since it was consistent throughout the entire document, I hesitated to question it. 

So it looks like we’ll probably be getting a drama for Christmas. If they are expecting production to last until February, it’s going to air until at least that. If it’s only 12 episodes, they have an option of airing it like they do Hospital Playlist (once a week for 12 weeks) or like they usually do (twice a week for 6 weeks). The first option is probably what they'll do and that will make the competition a lot less competitive. So if the dates stick, the earliest the drama can premiere is December.

I know he's busy and that his hard work will pay off eventually, but I keep wishing he'd do a few cameos in other dramas or something along those lines. I think it stinks for him and us that he's not being seen. Very little he can do about it. I guess we just have to be patient.

• Like 5

Hm, well, if they did one episode a week for 12 weeks, then that might explain how they are filming all of these dramas they don't seem to have room for. (For example, every article I have read in Korean, as well as the Naver entry for the drama, says Happiness will air in the second half of 2021. But it doesn't have a time slot yet, despite being at least halfway through filming. And there aren't a lot of time slots left for TVN. When you look at all of the dramas in production, like @hillllllllydid, you will find more than there is room for, despite being said to be coming soon.) Maybe the idea is, instead of two days a week for a single drama, just air two different 12-episode dramas on those two days? That way more dramas will start at one time. 

(I admit it is not my preferred way, I think the story flows better when you get it twice a week. However...I don't run a television studio, and don't get to pick the schedule. :D )

• Like 4

On 7/9/2021 at 5:11 AM, hilllllllly said:

Hopefully Jongsuk never feels the need to abandon his IG account or put distance between himself and the fans. If anything, I've felt like he's probably struggling without the close communication he always had through fan meetings, signings, and projects. He's always talks about the love and support he gets from the fans and how it lifts him up. I keep thinking he'll feel much better once he's gotten positive feedback about his acting. If he was nervous at his first photoshoot back, I'm sure it's no different on a movie set. This is a very strange time in his career, for sure. 

Does anyone think we'll be getting any news about Big Mouth soon? I keep hoping that we'll hear of a new drama that he's planning to make before January 2022, but the time passing is making me nervous. Not gonna lie.

Yoon Kyun Sang deleted his IG -  ohh, that's so sad.  

Well @hilllllllly @frozentundra I hope JS will not do the same.  I remember during the Esquire Korea interview this January, he mentioned that he is the happiest when he uploads posts on his IG.   Guess he feels the love and support when reading the comments (we know he does scan his IG), the way he derives comfort and inspirations from his fans during fan meetings.  

And @jongkkot  thanks so much for the Big Mouth twit updates.   Let's hope we get the announcement soon on the 2 leads.  Can't wait for the blast !

Dancing Chicken GIF - Dancing Chicken - Discover & Share GIFs

And Congrats to Jong Suk on his 19.5 M IG followers !  Thanks @backstreetboysfan

Psst ... @ibru where are you??  LOL:blush:

• Like 7

17 hours ago, frozentundra said:

Hm, well, if they did one episode a week for 12 weeks, then that might explain how they are filming all of these dramas they don't seem to have room for. (For example, every article I have read in Korean, as well as the Naver entry for the drama, says Happiness will air in the second half of 2021. But it doesn't have a time slot yet, despite being at least halfway through filming. And there aren't a lot of time slots left for TVN. When you look at all of the dramas in production, like @hillllllllydid, you will find more than there is room for, despite being said to be coming soon.) Maybe the idea is, instead of two days a week for a single drama, just air two different 12-episode dramas on those two days? That way more dramas will start at one time. 

(I admit it is not my preferred way, I think the story flows better when you get it twice a week. However...I don't run a television studio, and don't get to pick the schedule. :D )

Yeah, I've wonder if this is their strategy looking forward. Historically, they've only done this from time to time, but the amount of dramas being announced right now (especially by tvN) is insane. Right now, they are airing Hospital Playlist 2 (a 12 episode drama) on Thursday Night at 9pm from June 17 - September 2. They are also airing My Roommate is a Gumiho twice a week on Wednesday/Thursday, but at the 10:30pm timeslot. Basically, they avoid schedule overlapping by airing the 12 episode dramas at an earlier time. I've checked the schedule on their official website and it seems they alternate between dramas and reality shows in the evening. Because of this, I don't know how often it's possible to schedule a 12-episode drama in an earlier time slot and since airing 12 episodes for 12 weeks takes longer than airing 16 episodes for 8 weeks/18 episodes for 9 weeks/20 episodes for 10 weeks, I'm not sure airing several 12 episode dramas once a week would actually make more room. It might all balance out to being roughly the same either way. 

I'm wondering if they will start releasing movies and dramas on Netflix without a theater release or tv affiliation. I don't really know how much the network is typically involved in the making of a drama, but in some cases, not much. So I Married An Anti-fan was filmed in 2018 but wasn't picked up by a network until this year. If Netflix were willing to take the place of a major network, that would eliminate scheduling conflicts. I understand the hesitation to stray from the familiar, but demand seems to be higher than tv networks and movie theaters can handle.

• Like 6

Hiii there 

Here to join the " Missing JongSuk So Much" club.

He's the only one I stan this much and knowing he ain't enlisting anymore yet I have to wait so long to watch him on my screen, is painful.

Specially that he's back to his anti social media mood and barley updates his IG and he's no where to seen.

And there's no fansign, fan meeting or any other event due to pandemic I guess.

I need to have so much jongsuk content and see his warm & shy smile again!

And specially I'M SO EXCITED FOR HIS POSSIBLE CHANCE OF CASTING WITH YOONA.

This been my dream since I started fangirling him, as Yoona is my most fav k female celeb and they are good friends too, I even used to think about their possible ship name.

And this waiting is killing me!

I was stalking on yoona fps on tw the other day and based on that, maybe we wouldn't get any conformation till filming day ( I hope that's not a case) 

Also I just wish filming a new drama makes him start being active on sm again

I remember back then it was W-Two World that made him more active on sm and after that he used to be very active till his enlistment and now he's back to his before 2016 self.

Tho still I respect it as he knows what's best for him the best and I just want to see him happy & successful.

End of rants 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, bahara said:

Tho still I respect it as he knows what's best for him the best and I just want to see him happy & successful.

End of rants 

Sorry to cut your post @bahara  Good to have you here.  :blush:

Hello @Rania Zeid 
:)

Hello @jongkkot  Thanks for the twit update.  So this Actor Lee Min-ki knows the Director and he is taking on the role of a Navy Captain in the movie, as mentioned in the Naver article.    That means Jong Suk is still busy in the midst of filming. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, bahara said:

Also I just wish filming a new drama makes him start being active on sm again

I remember back then it was W-Two World that made him more active on sm and after that he used to be very active till his enlistment and now he's back to his before 2016 self.

If you take a look at the charts I posted about his social media activity, he has a pattern of being quiet during/right after a long break (which he just had) and while filming without having other things to promote (like now). We'll see and hear a lot more from him once he's surrounded by projects being made, being scheduled, and being released. Right now, all he can do is film. I was missing him a lot the other day and started thinking about how he hasn't had any time off since January 2nd. He has been working non-stop with the added pressure of doing how much we've already waited for him. He's doing so much for us. The payoff and true comeback will come when we can all be on the same page. Soon!

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, kembie said:

cr mingmingee IG via https://twitter.com/abbey_tennis/status/ 1414955935391485953
with her caption below

Did Lee Jong Suk update us with an IG story because they’re now done filming? 

are jongsuk and kim raewon the ones in the first row wearing white? the caption says jongsuk is beside kim raewon, their uniform is white so it makes sense? though i can't quite see well.

ETA: there's also a video of them filming, but i have no idea how to share it here.

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!
  • Like 4

07132021 _mingmingee Insta story update with Lee Jong Suk on the set of the movie Decibel. “Lee Jong Suk  Next to Kim Rae Won

Thank you to the rightful owner of the IG

PS - by the way, are we allowed to post LOL
I see it's everywhere in twitter.  

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, kembie said:
PS - by the way, are we allowed to post LOL
I see it's everywhere in twitter.  

if someone shared it, i automatically assume it's okay to share. OP posted it so she must have permission to do so. we didn't get any update until now but if she shared this one, it must be okay? that's my reasoning. if that's not the case, i think someone will ask those re-posters to remove it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jongkkot said:

if someone shared it, i automatically assume it's okay to share. OP posted it so she must have permission to do so. we didn't get any update until now but if she shared this one, it must be okay? that's my reasoning. if that's not the case, i think someone will ask those re-posters to remove it.

Ooh thanks @jongkkot :)

What is OP?  sorry to ask