Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

Considering it's in English...I figured it had to be a repost. :D Still! I poked around a  bit on Naver cafe and saw some stuff about Decibel from a couple of weeks ago, but nothing since then... Maybe they are in some inside studio and no one from the public really sees anything about it these days. And he seems to have gotten used to being quiet on social media since the army... 

• Like 3

Yeah, it's been very quiet lately, but what always catches me by surprise is how little time has actually passed since we've last seen/heard from him. It's been 2 weeks but it feels like much, much longer. There are obviously a lot of reasons, like the pandemic, his enlistment, filming, etc. But I think it's important to keep things in perspective, so I decided to make calendar charts to highlight every time he's updated his Instagram since 2014, just to see how this year compares to others.

ljs2014-01.png

ljs2015-01.png

ljs2016-01.png

Spoiler

ljs2017-01.png

ljs2018-01.png

ljs2019-01.png

ljs2021-01.png

From what I can see, this year isn't very different than what he has done every January-June since he joined IG. That surprised me, honestly. I can also see a few trends. In 2015 when he didn't have any projects, he rarely updated at all. It seems to be his nature to speak up more when he has things to engage us with. This makes me wonder if he feels like he's "empty-handed" until the things he's filming are ready for us to see. You can see that trend in November 2016, when he started filming VIP. If he didn't have other projects, like fan meetings, 7 First Kisses, commercials, and award shows in December 2016, I don't think the momentum would have picked up when it did. You can see his posting slowed down a lot in March/April of 2017, when he began filming WYWS as well.

There has never been another time in his career where he couldn't/didn't work for 2-3 years. He has always had a project behind him, in front of him, and that he was working on in real time. None of us (including him) know how to handle a busy Jongsuk with his last project almost 3 years behind him and his next project in the unforeseeable future. Add a pandemic that has eliminated travel, fan meetings, and gatherings of all kinds and it makes him seem less talkative and more elusive than he really is.

But the calendar doesn't lie. He's really no different than he always was. It's just a very bad combination of things keeping us away from each other.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, hilllllllly said:

From what I can see, this year isn't very different than what he has done every January-June since he joined IG. That surprised me, honestly. I can also see a few trends. In 2015 when he didn't have any projects, he rarely updated at all. It seems to be his nature to speak up more when he has things to engage us with. This makes me wonder if he feels like he's "empty-handed" until the things he's filming are ready for us to see. You can see that trend in November 2016, when he started filming VIP. If he didn't have other projects, like fan meetings, 7 First Kisses, commercials, and award shows in December 2016, I don't think the momentum would have picked up when it did. You can see his posting slowed down a lot in March/April of 2017, when he began filming WYWS as well.

There has never been another time in his career where he couldn't/didn't work for 2-3 years. He has always had a project behind him, in front of him, and that he was working on in real time. None of us (including him) know how to handle a busy Jongsuk with his last project almost 3 years behind him and his next project in the unforeseeable future. Add a pandemic that has eliminated travel, fan meetings, and gatherings of all kinds and it makes him seem less talkative and more elusive than he really is.

But the calendar doesn't lie. He's really no different than he always was. It's just a very bad combination of things keeping us away from each other.

Wow! @hilllllllly  That's very IMPRESSIVE! 

You are so hardworking , truly a SUPER-fan of Jong Suk.  Even I myself striving and trying to maintain my IG on daily basis,  I don't think I am that detailed  LOL.   I did a chronological order of his activities on my wall (his IG post, dramas, movies, interviews, CF, FMs, etc), from Year 2012 to March 2019 (before his enlistment), during his absence.  It took a lot of my time.  Glad that I completed it.  And even happier that he is back with a BANG.   

quoting you @hillllllllyHe has always had a project behind him, in front of him, and that he was working on in real time.

You are so right on the above.   One of the MAIN reasons why I am so proud to be his fan is because he truly is a hardworking actor and person too, in addition to being inspiring with his never-give-up attitude, despite his whatever flaws (which he has overcome in his 20s) .  And he is INTELLIGENT, surprisingly high in business acumen with great entrepreneurial skills  (89M, Amanproject, properties management).  Yes, we know he is meticulous when comes to work, even himself - guess that's not easy on him and people working with or under him.

He was working so hard in 2013 -2014 (3-4 projects per year) and stopped awhile in 2015 (but was busy on non-acting activities), continued to work like a cow in 2016 to 2019.    Remember how JS took the matters in his own hands.   And when he launched his own A-MAN project in May 2018, to represent and support the cause for actors in Korea and abroad.   

How he mooted and lauched AMANProject
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Top right pic from Jong Suk IG on 3 Sept 2016  ~ He must have mooted the idea back then
Top left pic cr  and old friend -  rimanrakshit 3 May 2018 
Bottom left pic A-Man logo [A-MAN Project] from http://lee-jongsuk.com , on 2 May 2018
Bottom right pic from JS gallery on 3 May 2018

giphy-downsized-large.gif
And then the cafe of love 89Mansion from Oct 2017 to 14 Sept 2020 :blush:

Again, thanks @hilllllllly for sharing the trend and analysis you did.    It is so heartwarming and encouraging to see the work done by so many fans of JS.    Have seen other fans doing similar stuff on their actors / actresses too - amazing wonderful works.  

:heartxoxo:

Just like how I caption my IG on Jong Suk - May he continue to prosper in every area of his life. 

• Like 5

he has a tendency to delete some posts from time to time so especially earlier years might not be 100% accurate, but still, thank you @hilllllllly!

i see the trend. when his dramas are airing, he's posting so much more compared to when they are not. rightly so, because he needs to promote them. only 2018 is confusing to me. why was he posting so much in may, june, july etc.? was there something at the time? hymn of death aired in november, and RIABB aired much later. it's just i loved to wake up to his updates. i remember that he used to indeed post a lot at that time.

• Like 4

Thanks @kembie! I've seen the work you've done on your IG and am always so grateful to have your page as a resource. I really do appreciate it!

7 hours ago, jongkkot said:

he has a tendency to delete some posts from time to time so especially earlier years might not be 100% accurate

I actually visited a few pages that have archived some of that stuff to fill in the spaces. I'm sure there is a deleted post or two that I missed, but what isn't there would just be a random dot here or there, not something that would change the chart as a whole.

7 hours ago, jongkkot said:

why was he posting so much in may, june, july etc.? was there something at the time? hymn of death aired in november, and RIABB aired much later.

He was posting a lot about his preparations for his August/September fan meetings. 89M hadn't even been open a year, so he was still sharing a lot from there, too. Something I've always been very curious about is whether he enlisted later than he originally thought he would. He did the majority of his farewell fan meetings in August/September and seemed very emotional at the time. It's crazy to think he didn't leave for another 7-8 months. 2018 was anything but predictable and ordinary for him, so his behavior back then doesn't really need to make sense. In a lot of ways, he was probably just trying to enjoy himself while he could.

In many ways, he returned from the military awfully "dismantled". Between the closure of his cafe, fan meetings off the table, and nothing to immediately release, he has to build everything up again (in the midst of a lot of loss and sadness) and that's obviously going to take time and strength from all of us. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, hilllllllly said:

He did the majority of his farewell fan meetings in August/September and seemed very emotional at the time. It's crazy to think he didn't leave for another 7-8 months.

but he did plan fan meetings until november of that year, he would have avoided that if he thought he was going to get a letter from the army. some of them couldn't be done, like the fan meetings in the US (i wonder if it was really planned or if it was just a rumor from the start) but still, he was able to carry out his plan until the end.

• Like 3

@jongkkot, I was thinking about 2019 more than anything. He said in August 2018 that he was going to pick a final drama before he left, but since RIABB didn't start filming until November 2018, it couldn't be finished until March 2019. Considering that he finished filming sooner than the rest of the cast and even said he hoped to complete the drama at the press conference, I always thought he was well overdue by the time he officially enlisted.  And I know I bring it up alot, but he was signed on to star in See You Again until late May 2018 when it was cancelled all together. All things considered, I wouldn't be surprised if he was originally expecting to leave by January 2019.

• Like 3

I'm like, looking up that event, lol. Just curious if they were at a real life event or if this is part of the fictional movie staging. When I google the title on the banners (해군방포럼) I get the MADEX event from June 9-12 in Busan. Is it this? Or is this a fictional version of it? I don't know, guess we have to wait to see the film come out.... :)

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

I'm like, looking up that event, lol. Just curious if they were at a real life event or if this is part of the fictional movie staging. When I google the title on the banners (해군방포럼) I get the MADEX event from June 9-12 in Busan. Is it this? Or is this a fictional version of it? I don't know, guess we have to wait to see the film come out.... :)

The Marine Defence Technology Conference 2021 Banner? In his photos?   I saw a  VIP table and some lighting or equipment at the background.  Possible a film set up.   Haha!  

I am wondering whether have they finished filming yet? 

By the way, one of our chingus noticed that he was covering his badge - guess that his nametag LOL

And on him solo standing taking the selca (which the photo was taken by someone else), can he please SHARE his selfie soonest - haha! 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, frozentundra said:

How funny! I'm one of those people who always has something playing on my TV while I do other things, and it's almost always playing a video by Seoul Walker on YouTube. He basically visits different places in South Korea (mostly Seoul) and walks with his camera in 1st person perspective so it feels like you're there. He's a sweet guy who does an amazing job. Watching his videos has really helped to give me a realistic idea of how Korea is holding up during the pandemic. I highly recommend them!

Anyway, Seoul Walker visited Busan a few weeks ago and recently posted a video from his trip. It happens to be the exact same location Jongsuk is in the pictures he posted today! I was like, "Wait, why does this look familiar?" :lol: So he's definitely in Busan if these pictures are from today (no way of telling, I guess) and has been since around June 30th, since that's when a staff member posted about the nice location and good health of everyone one set. I was very happy to see him update like this! It seems the set has been largely secretive, so I was and still kind of am surprised that he suddenly had permission to share so much of a set. I wonder if these scenes were filmed awhile ago (like in late June) and that's why he was able to post them now? Maybe they needed to be approved or he waited until filming continued in Seoul. Either way, I'm grateful for the update. Yoon Kyunsang recently deleted his IG account, so I was starting to feel paranoid that Jongsuk was neglecting his for similar reasons. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

YKS deleted his account? That's too bad. I wonder why (and I hope JS doesn't do the same...)

And how funny that that same location showed up on Seoul Walker! I would assume that a lot of this film centers on Busan, as that is where Korea's largest navy base is. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

YKS deleted his account? That's too bad. I wonder why (and I hope JS doesn't do the same...)

Yes! :tears: I'm really sad about it. I loved his updates about his cats and always had such a soft spot for him. I've tried to figure out why he deleted it, but I don't think anybody knows. It could just be a social media break. I hope that's the case. 

You're right about them filming a good deal of the movie in Busan. I assumed it took place in Seoul because the synopses talks about a bomb being planted in the heart of "the city".  I didn't even consider that it could be a different city. Duh! I hope that means he's been enjoying himself there. It looks like a very beautiful place.

Hopefully Jongsuk never feels the need to abandon his IG account or put distance between himself and the fans. If anything, I've felt like he's probably struggling without the close communication he always had through fan meetings, signings, and projects. He's always talks about the love and support he gets from the fans and how it lifts him up. I keep thinking he'll feel much better once he's gotten positive feedback about his acting. If he was nervous at his first photoshoot back, I'm sure it's no different on a movie set. This is a very strange time in his career, for sure. 

Does anyone think we'll be getting any news about Big Mouth soon? I keep hoping that we'll hear of a new drama that he's planning to make before January 2022, but the time passing is making me nervous. Not gonna lie.

• Like 6