Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

@frozentundra Western media has been ruined by seasons. They never have a story written out from start to finish, so it all just becomes a series of clickbait and badly-executed suspense to gain viewers. 

4 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

Plus you can have a non-ending (like Vagabond) with the hopes of another season, but nine times out of ten, the second season doesn't happen.

Yesssss. Wanting to be picked up for multiple seasons in Korea is a fool's game. Like you said, 9 times out of 10, it isn't going to happen so it just leaves the fans with no ending at all. 

I'm really hoping for some kind of good news soon. I have a lot of doubts that either of his movies are going to be released this year and Big Mouth probably won't be either. With no chance of fan meetings and very limited interaction on social media, I'm just a little bit sad. 

• Like 3

well, he could do an online fan meeting...even if it's not the same experience. but that would be me complaining about other things too and i don't want to go there, it's his decision i guess.

about dramas having multiple seasons, it's been decided only recently. i mean, they started testing the waters last year with shorter dramas, but this year it seems it's a thing. it was done to improve filming conditions, so i'm okay with it. plus, if a drama has 12 (or 10) episodes, i think now it won't necessarily mean it will have a second season. just like vagabond, that you guys mentioned! it did have an open ending and many fans were speculating it would have a season two later in 2020, but it never did and i don't think it's planned, despite its popularity.

• Like 4

Vagabond had no ending at all. I was watching slightly behind the live airing schedule, and when I heard about that, I picked an episode with a conclusive ending (ish) and stopped there. I think they probably did hope to film more (otherwise the opening scene makes zero sense; it promises plot elements that literally never happened). But that depends both on ratings AND not having a worldwide pandemic that prohibits travel. So frustrating, because I like Lee Seung Gi and I thought that was the best thing I'd ever seen Suzy in. But...such is life. Like @jongkkotsaid, I don't think they'll ever go back to finish it.

I do agree that improved filming conditions is important. I wonder if this is spurred a bit by more Korean actors having international projects? When you hear some of them compare the two scenarios...er, yeah, shooting dramas is hard in Korea. I love, love, love Korean dramas, but I am always aware of the fact that actors and staff are real humans and do need to eat and sleep and maintain normal relationships with friends and family. They need a realistic schedule to be able to do that. 

• Like 4

Kofic's "The Actor is Present" campaign posted this message a few days ago: 

"Hello there.
Thank you for your showing your interest in and affection for the Actor Is Present campaign and for visiting our special site.
Thanks to your enthusiastic support, we will release the list of 200 participating actors on the 'The Actor is Present' online special site on June 30.
Also, we are planning to continue various campaigns online and offline to promote Korean actors globally.
We ask for your continuous interest and participation.
Thank you very much."

I guess that's good news... but I'm still not sure how they're going to justify the lack of 200 actors. Is it possible that they will list people (like Jongsuk) who haven't been photographed? Or are they just going to release an unnumbered list and ignore any questions about why there aren't actually 100 female and 100 male actors? 

• Like 3

since some actors got added after the campaign started, it's hard to tell what releasing this list means. will they release all the rest of the profiles they didn't release before? or, will they just release a list without including actors like jongsuk that were left behind? some fans said adding jongsuk (and others) to their site would exceed the 100 male actors mark, like...based on their calculations, there are more than 200 actors, male and female, because they added others in the meantime. so...not sure.

ETA: for anyone that wants to read the message on the website.

based on this weibo post, 190 actors have been released until now, there are 10 left, and obviously jongsuk is on the list.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jongkkot said:

based on their calculations, there are more than 200 actors, male and female, because they added others in the meantime.

I'm not correcting you, @jongkkot (because I know you're just repeating what other people are saying), but there definitely aren't 200 actors listed. The people who think so probably stopped paying close attention once their favorite was announced and believe it's over since it's last week has come and gone. Also, when people talk about actors being added after the campaign started, I believe that is speculation based on the Weibo list that was leaked/released ahead of the campaign. If an actor or actress who wasn't on the original list was announced, they consider it to be an add on. However, I don't think we were ever sure that Weibo list was 100% reliable or complete. I could never figure out where it came from, how they knew, or if all 200 actors were listed. 

1 hour ago, frozentundra said:

I wonder how many they have left who they haven't featured yet? It's impossible to tell on their site. MOST confusing setup I've ever seen...

What we know is that 20 actors were supposed to be announced for 10 weeks. That happened for the most part, and most actors were visible and counted for from week to week, but it started to get sloppier and sloppier. Most weeks would be missing an actor or two. Sometimes they would make up for it by adding them days later, but sometimes they wouldn't. By the last two weeks of the campaign, only 10 or so actors/actresses were announced in total when there should have been 40. In theory, that would mean there are around 30 actors (a mix of male and female) that were never added. If you count the videos uploaded to their YouTube page and consider that most weeks were lacking a few while none had more than 20, it's just impossible for the list to be complete or over 200. It has to be under. 

Honestly, I just want an answer one way or another. I would love for Jongsuk to be added because he deserves to be there, but it's also frustrating to expect something, never get it, and be given zero answers. Hopefully everything is cleared up by Monday. 

• Like 3

yes @hilllllllly, in fact i edited my post to say that, according to weibo users, there are around 190 actors (i'd say less, most likely around 180, actually) that have been released. but then, does it mean there's even more actors missing from the list than the ones that that user on weibo mentioned?

i think jongsuk's talent won't be defined by being on that website or not, but at the same time i know that he deserves it and, i'm sorry to say this, but i agree with other fans that said he deserved to be there rather than others. they ALL deserve to be there, sure, i'm sure they do, but he's one of the top stars in korea, he's even well known internationally and it doesn't seem like a lot of the most famous ones are not on the website, so why did they wait to include him? i've seen some actors and actresses on there that did only a few works, some even only had secondary roles, yet they got added and jongsuk didn't? how is one supposed to not get mad at their disorganization?

• Like 4

The only thing I can think of is that Jongsuk has been too busy to do the photoshoot. The campaign started back in March, but even then, it was said by OK! Magazine that it was really hard to get that photoshoot with him. While it’s a big deal to the people running the campaign and to us, I can’t even imagine Jongsuk having time to worry about it. I’m assuming that they either have to work with his schedule or it isn’t happening. If it doesn’t happen, it probably just couldn’t work because I can’t see them leaving him out on purpose. At the same time, I do believe it’s up to an organization like that to make it work. They should have gotten every photo shoot they needed before the campaign was made public, honestly. 

I know that Park Bogum was on the list but is in the military, so they used an old photoshoot with a similar theme and worked around it in his video profile. Couldn’t the same by done for the 20-ish people who may be too busy? These people seem to be all over the place. It’s been pretty disappointing. 

ETA

So, they just updated their YouTube page with this video a few hours ago. It's just a short clip advertising the campaign, and they're doubling down on it being 200 actors. I thought they'd just distance themselves from the original number and start calling it a list of some of the best in Korea. So... I really don't know what to expect on Monday, but even the collage they flash at the end isn't really 200. It's 17 rows of 6 actors. That makes 102. 

• Like 4

I honestly have no idea. If I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, I'd say they will release a list of 200 on Monday and that would have to include names we haven't seen before. Having said that, I really don't trust them. It wouldn't surprise me AT ALL if they released an unnumbered list of 175 and just pretended that it's 200, hoping nobody notices. They basically did that week after week in some form, from missing highlight reels to shortened lists. I don't think there was a single week that wasn't short of something. The last 2 were a wreck with absolutely no acknowledgement or explanation.

I would love nothing more than for the last 30 or so actors to be added on Monday with profiles and photoshoots... I just don't really think it's going to happen.

• Like 3

also, i thought this is worth mentioning, weeks ago, while i was waiting for any sign of jongsuk being in that campaign, i noticed that ok taecyeon shared about it on his instagram, with the caption "the actor is present" and all, and in the picture he was on a photoshoot set. the thing is, his profile was released more than a month later, which...i mean, it could be normal since "regular" photoshoots get released a lot later compared to when they are shot too, and a part of me thinks kofic had no other opportunity to get ok taecyeon's pictures (i don't know if he's busy with some works or not) so that's why they took them then, but this also shows kofic's lack of organization, because after his post i've seen a lot of his fans wondering where his profile was for WEEKS, since they knew he had done it but there was nothing to be found on their website. a similar thing happened with do kyungsoo, too.

i also wonder... why is it that lee seunggi's agency released his b-cut pictures for the actor is present before the actual pictures got released on the website? they released them on their naver page on the same day of the release, on a monday, but the actor is present releases profiles after 5pm kst, while his agency posted about it on naver a few hours before that. i'm sure this happened but if there are any lee seunggi fans that want to enlighten me (or correct me! i might be wrong about the timing) i'm all ears.

• Like 3

New LJS IG update :), 6-20-2021 (He has short hair again).

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Picture 4 under spoiler tags.

Spoiler

spacer.png

jongsuk0206 @Prada #PradaSS22 #ad

이번 프라다 컬렉션은 바다 해양 생물 보존을 위한 기부가 함께 진행되다고 합니다. 메드씨(MEDSEA) 재단을 후원하는 뜻깊은 프라다의 SS22 남성 패션쇼를 여러분도 함께 감상해보시기 바랍니다.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

He looks awesome... and very familiar! This look is very Kang Chul/Jung Jae Chan! I'm kind of surprised his hair isn't shorter and more like something we've never seen before (given how long we had to wait to see it), but I love it! It's amazing how easily he can look totally different and then turn back into a familiar face, even years later.  

It's also interesting to see him maintaining a close affiliation with Prada. I remember speculating that it might be long term, but I'm still kind of surprised! It feels like such a long time ago since the last time this happened, but I guess that just shows me how distorted time can feel these days. It's really only been a few months. 

Oh, and for all the discussion about whether his hands are injured or not... looks like those awesome orange gloves are going to keep that a secret. Pure fashion or a clever way to hide an injury? Jongsuk likes to keep us guessing.

• Like 6

i'm glad prada is an italian brand, LOL! i have no issues with the timezone. though i don't think there'll be new content by the time the fashion show starts (or ends).

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

well i was wrong. but i'm not complaining. :wub:

Edited by serenilmauve
Please follow soompi rules and hide more than 3 images in spoiler tags! Thanks!
  • Like 6

On 6/20/2021 at 1:16 PM, hilllllllly said:

and for all the discussion about whether his hands are injured or not... looks like those awesome orange gloves are going to keep that a secret. Pure fashion or a clever way to hide an injury? Jongsuk likes to keep us guessing.

On 6/20/2021 at 1:26 PM, jongkkot said:

from this video it looks fine? i thought about it too. it might have healed in the meantime, it's been a couple of weeks since he shared the food truck.

haha, i'm sure it's fashion but it is surely convenient for him to have to wear gloves, if he has in mind to keep hiding an injury to not have us worried, but as i said, it looks like it healed, unless he's not wearing any support in the video purely because it's not allowed in a photoshoot.

Edited by serenilmauve
Don’t quote images! Thanks!
  • Like 4

@hillllllllyAgree, he looks startlingly...Kang Chul. Well, that's what you get when you disappear into a comic/movie set for months and then take a visit back to the real world, lol. 

I thought the hair would have to be shorter for the whole navy thing, but I guess movies are not always true to life. :) Anyway, the haircut looks good. 

ETA: Lol, this article agrees with you, it's calling him a "man ripped from a manwha." https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2021/06/595494/

• Like 6