Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

26 minutes ago, jongkkot said:

why didn't we talk about this more? is there someone here that doesn't believe he still has an injury?

I haven't wanted to speculate much about whether he's hurt because we don't have a lot of information or evidence to support that he is. Whether it's the finger he had wrapped in one picture of the wrist brace in another, I figure it could just as easily be his character who is hurt. It's also possible these are CGI props, strange wardrobe, or just misunderstood by us in some other way. I wouldn't be surprised if the action scenes have been hard and therefore, he's experienced some kind of injuries to his hands... but I'm just never as sure as everyone else seems to be.

32 minutes ago, jongkkot said:

going back to my original argument, i think he wants his haircut to be officially out there with a photoshoot and not with a simple selfie, since it'll come as a surprise to us, and i think the picture he shared some days ago might be just about that.

I really hope that's his reason. It makes sense that he'd want a drastic change in his appearance to be seen for the first time in his best light. People really, really loved his long hair and I'm sure he's read a few comments that demand he never cut it. There is probably an insecure part of him that is concerned people will see his short hair as a downgrade. Or maybe he does and this is all just his own insecurity. 

Since he had an older photoshoot with his long hair scheduled for the June issue of Harper's Bazaar, it's entirely possible that his idea to reveal his haircut through a photoshoot had to be pushed back longer than he wanted it to be. The fact that he's refused every opportunity to post a casual selfie makes absolutely no sense unless he's planning something like that, so at this point, it's hard to believe he isn't. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, hilllllllly said:

Whether it's the finger he had wrapped in one picture of the wrist brace in another, I figure it could just as easily be his character who is hurt. It's also possible these are CGI props, strange wardrobe, or just misunderstood by us in some other way. I wouldn't be surprised if the action scenes have been hard and therefore, he's experienced some kind of injuries to his hands... but I'm just never as sure as everyone else seems to be.

i disagree with that. partially. at least about his finger injury, because it doesn't make sense for him to be wearing a prop in a social gathering. he was with friends when we saw his finger was hurt, not on set.

i didn't say i was sure of it, i'm not sure of anything. i believe what i'm seeing others are saying, and i like to think about all possibilities. i know we don't like to think he got hurt and we look for other explanations, but like you said, it's entirely possible he got injured filming an action scene, which is what i think as well. it wouldn't be the first time. seeing many people agreeing on the fact that he was wearing a wrist protector when he shared the food truck support makes me lean towards that possibility, even though i don't accept it as truth until i see something more concrete.

• Like 3

@jongkkot, I always thought he was on set in the picture taken with his friends due to what was behind them and the lady who shared the pictures being some kind of manager. Removing props and wardrobe like that can be difficult in between takes or during your break. It might also ruin continuity to have to redo it. I wonder if he'd even be able to film a movie like this with real-life injuries that can't be hidden on screen.

I wasn't trying to call anyone out or suggest people who think he's been hurt are wrong. I said anything was possible, including that. When you asked why we hadn't been talking about it and if anyone thought he wasn't actually hurt, these thoughts came to mind. That's all. :)

• Like 2

what does ko taeyong and his other friend have to do with a filming set? even if it was a modeling set... i don't see that logic working out. i doubt jongsuk would wear a cap (or the kind of clothing he was wearing in the pic, in general) while filming that movie. if i think about the fact the post was captioned "healing dinner time", it's clear to me that it didn't happen on a set.

edit: ...is that ko taeyong, though? if not, my mistake. the rest of my argument still stands.

• Like 2

I'm sure he can invite friends to the set and that production supplies dinner on days when filming runs late enough. If his hair is cut, he may gravitate towards wearing hats in between takes. It would also be standard for him to change out of a uniform before meals to keep his costume clean, especially if it's white like what we saw on Kim Raewon. Or, like we've discussed in the past, he might not be wearing a uniform because his circumstances in this movie are different than we think. Obviously, there is a lot we don't know with very little information to build concrete opinions on. But I'm really not interested in arguing. You have an opinion and I really don't. That's ok! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jongkkot said:

we may not get many pictures from the set itself, but how about one from jongsuk? :sweatingbullets: cha eunwoo already revealed his haircut, we got a picture of kim raewon on set with his uniform, but still nothing from jongsuk.

@jongkkot  I saw CEW's haircut - pretty cool!   It would be nice to see JS show us a selfie, be it with cap or beanie on.

JS is so confidential when come to filming or photoshoots but he did say that he is happiest when he share or post something on his IG -  Guess I have to be patient.

cr ljsmyboo - romance is a bonus book - cha eun ho - He will tell us .. nope nope

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hilllllllly said:

I'm sure he can invite friends to the set and that production supplies dinner on days when filming runs late enough. If his hair is cut, he may gravitate towards wearing hats in between takes. It would also be standard for him to change out of a uniform before meals to keep his costume clean, especially if it's white like what we saw on Kim Raewon. Or, like we've discussed in the past, he might not be wearing a uniform because his circumstances in this movie are different than we think. Obviously, there is a lot we don't know with very little information to build concrete opinions on. But I'm really not interested in arguing. You have an opinion and I really don't. That's ok! 

mine is not an opinion, it's speculation. yours is also speculation, because we are just talking about what we think it could be.

again, i don't see it as an absolute truth, but, when i'm uncertain about something, i prefer to go with what most people believe the truth is, rather than disprove their view of things if i find it hard to accept. it's not hard for me to think that he might not be injured (even though i still think at one point he has been), but is it hard for you to think the opposite way?

1 hour ago, kembie said:

@jongkkot  I saw CEW's haircut - pretty cool!   It would be nice to see JS show us a selfie, be it with cap or beanie on.

CEW looks cool! i wonder if jongsuk's haircut looks similar. it's really nice.

not sure if i can quote images - we're all feeling like song haerin in that picture, aren't we? :D

you reminded me RIABB has a lot of great outfits, it was great to see jongsuk in such "familiar", every-day clothing too!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jongkkot said:

mine is not an opinion, it's speculation. yours is also speculation, because we are just talking about what we think it could be.

again, i don't see it as an absolute truth, but, when i'm uncertain about something, i prefer to go with what most people believe the truth is, rather than disprove their view of things if i find it hard to accept. it's not hard for me to think that he might not be injured (even though i still think at one point he has been), but is it hard for you to think the opposite way?

In your original post, you specifically asked why we hadn't discussed his possible injuries and if anyone here thought he wasn't hurt. In truth, I hadn't said anything until now because I knew most people thought he was injured (while I thought something in between yes/no) and I didn't see any harm in that. There was no reason to bring up other possibilities. But when you asked for that opinion earlier, I thought you were opening up a discussion because you were curious about alternate thoughts. That's why I listed a number of other reasons we could be seeing these bandages on him. 

You seem to be getting the impression that I believe Jongsuk isn't injured or that I'm finding it hard to accept. That isn't true at all. I think it's very possible and that's why it's the most popular belief, like you said. It's just my nature to consider every possibility and stay neutral without confirmation. I did the same thing about his military discharge date, his haircut, drama release date, photoshoot speculation, etc. I enjoy coming up with possibilities that haven't been mentioned yet. Jongsuk is always so full of surprises that I'm never quite sure what he's up to.

I understand why you might feel like I'm trying to disprove your theory, but it goes both ways. Casting doubt on each other was never my intention so that's why I wanted this conversation to end. We should both be allowed to say what we want and be ourselves without being given a hard time about it, right? 

• Like 3

@hilllllllly, i admit sometimes i can be a bit too much. :sweatingbullets:

maybe i get too involved and i think a lot, so that's why i was seeing your thoughts as a stretch, as if you were absolutely trying to prove to yourself that he is not injured and were coming up with weird ideas to justify your theory. but i'm always happy to discuss things here and didn't want to come off as harsh or sound like my opinion is better than yours.

• Like 2

OP was referring to park seojoon, but i thought i'd share since we said before that the B team is about superheroes and the production company is the same that creates marvel movies. this must be why we didn't get any news about that drama (and also because it's probably too soon to get some, sure), nor knew that jongsuk was ever casted for it, or received an offer for it, and if it wasn't for that twitter user that posted about the rumor, we wouldn't have known until now.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, jongkkot said:
OP was referring to park seojoon, but i thought i'd share since we said before that the B team is about superheroes and the production company is the same that creates marvel movies. this must be why we didn't get any news about that drama (and also because it's probably too soon to get some, sure), nor knew that jongsuk was ever casted for it, or received an offer for it, and if it wasn't for that twitter user that posted about the rumor, we wouldn't have known until now.

Good for  PSJ - his fans must be elated !  :D

Cool @jongkkot on the B-team linkage.  I saw that on twit with JS name but didn't think that it's to do with superheroes.

• Like 2

i think you read that wrong, @frozentundra! it says filming will start in august 2021 and it will end in january 2022. if it's pre-produced, we won't see it until next year. but if it's not, we'll get to see it while they are still filming it, so before the end of this year.

but yeah, we're going to have to have patience to see the drama actually airing. i just hope his two movies can get out there fast, since at least the witch 2 is supposed to be released by the end of the year (and also decibel is, but that's a rumor). i hope at least for a trailer! can netflix pick those two up, please...?

• Like 6

I honestly feel a bit torn about Big Mouth in general. I'm usually ok with dramas being shorter because a lot of them drag on just to get to 16-20 episodes, but we miss him so much that I would rather it drag than lose 4 to 8 hours of Jongsuk. I also don't really know how I feel about dramas with multiple seasons. :unsure:

• Like 3

@jongkkotOh whew, I did read it wrong! :D (I was waiting on an appointment and my battery was dying, extenuating circumstances, lol.) I just saw 2022 and was like, really?? Okay, that is MUCH better. 

@hillllllllyI don't like dramas with multiple seasons. My whole entire reason for watching Kdramas over western media in the first place is that there is a limited number of episodes and therefore an actual satisfying ending to the storyline. Plus you can have a non-ending (like Vagabond) with the hopes of another season, but nine times out of ten, the second season doesn't happen. 12 or 16, please just end it well!

• Like 3