Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

Thanks for sharing, @jongkkot!

I'm really curious to see if Big Mouth is really only going to be 12 episodes, just because filming for 5-6 months is usually the norm for 16-20 episode dramas. Either the timing is right but the amount of episodes is wrong, or August-January 2022 is the broad spectrum of when it could start and when it could end. Either way, it's nice to think we'll be getting it sooner rather than later. 

• Like 5

i've seen some say that the drama will have 12 episodes, others said it'll be 16... but it's leaning more towards 12. the time filming starts must be correct since filming for decibel started in april and movies usually take three months to be done, but it depends on various factors, it could be three months, i could be four (like the witch 2).

• Like 5

Soompi just translated an article from Navar that lists tvN's schedule for the rest of 2021 and Big Mouth isn't on the list. :unsure: This probably means it'll be kicking off the first half of 2022. I guess it could also mean there is a chance of a network switch, though I don't see that as very likely.

I know that Jongsuk is working hard and has been since the second he was discharged, but I can't say I'm not disappointed that we're probably going to wait more than a year after his enlistment to see him again. I'm having serious doubts that there will be any drama or movie released before 2022. None of that is his fault, but it's still pretty upsetting nonetheless. 

• Like 3

weird. the release for bulgasal was in 2022, now they're saying it's going to air in 2021. websites still say it's going to air in 2022, so i'm confused.

i thought there was no mention of big mouth because none of the cast is confirmed, since it seems all the dramas that were mentioned are ones that at least one of the main actors confirmed to be in.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, jongkkot said:

weird. the release for bulgasal was in 2022, now they're saying it's going to air in 2021. websites still say it's going to air in 2022, so i'm confused.

i thought there was no mention of big mouth because none of the cast is confirmed, since it seems all the dramas that were mentioned are ones that at least one of the main actors confirmed to be in.

Bulgasal airing in 2021 is new information released in that article, so chances are the websites that say otherwise are just outdated now. 

As far as Big Mouth goes, many of the mentions of it recently act like Jongsuk is confirmed and Yoona isn't, but we never got any official word. That could mean he already signed on since we weren't told when Decibel was confirmed either.  We were just told when he was considering and much later that he started filming. They kind of cut out the middle man.

The latest tvN article talks about 12 dramas, and like you said, they are all in more advanced stages of production than Big Mouth is. I kept looking for something in the article that mentions others being added as the year progresses, but it was written in a way that makes it sound decided and done. I hope that isn't the case. But in the meantime, I thought it would be interesting to compare 2020's tvN schedule with how 2021 is shaping up to give us a better of idea of how they schedule their dramas.

Looking at the two lists, I do feel better seeing that the dramas they've confirmed are fewer than what they aired last year. That means it's actually possible for Big Mouth to be added, but I'm not sure if it's likely or not. I noticed that Hospital Playlist only has 12 episodes and airs once a week, so they gave them their own night with a time that doesn't interfere with the Wednesday-Thursday schedule. They are also airing The Devil's Justice on Saturday-Sunday instead of on Friday-Saturday like they've been doing all year. That tells me they can switch days and times to avoid double booking a timeslot, so if they absolutely wanted to air something before the end of the year, they could. I guess it just depends on whether they will get the ratings they're hoping for if they cram too many dramas together at once. It's nice to know the possibility is still out there, nonetheless.

2020:  

Monday - Tuesday (9:00pm)

A Piece of Your Mind (March 23 - April 28, 2020) 1

My Unfamiliar Family (June 1 - July 21, 2020) 2

Record of Youth (September 7 - October 27, 2020) 3

Birthcare Center (November 2 - November 24, 2020) 4

Awaken (November 30, 2020 - January 19, 2021) 5

Monday - Tuesday (10:30pm)

Black Dog: Being a Teacher (December 16, 2019 - February 4, 2020) 6

The Cursed (February 10 - March 17, 2020) 7

Wednesday - Thursday (9:30pm)

Psychopath Diary (November 20, 2019 - January 9, 2020) 8

Money Game (January 15 - March 5, 2020) 9

Wednesday - Thursday (10:30pm)

Memorist (March 11 - April 30, 2020) 10

Oh My Baby (May 13 - July 2, 2020) 11

Flower of Evil (July 29 - September 23, 2020) 12

The Tail of the Nine Tailed (October 7 - December 3, 2020) 13

True Beauty (December 9, 2020 - February 4, 2021) 14

Thursday (9:00pm)

Hospital Playlist (May 12 - May 28, 2020) 15

Saturday - Sunday (9:00PM)

Crash Landing on You (December 14, 2019 - February 16, 2020) 16

Hi Bye, Mama! (February 22 - April 19, 2020) 17

When My Love Blooms (April 25 - June 14, 2020) 18

It's Okay to Not Be Okay (June 20 - August 9, 2020) 19

Stranger (August 15 - October 4, 2020) 20

Start-Up (October 17 - December 6, 2020) 21

Mr. Queen (December 12, 2020 - February 14, 2021) 22

2021 (so far):

Monday - Tuesday (9:00PM

Awaken (November 30, 2020 - January 19, 2021) 1

L.U.C.A.: The Beginning (February 1 - March 9, 2021) 2

Navillera (March 22 - April 27, 2021) 3

Doom At Your Service (May 10 - June 28, 2021) 4

You Are My Spring (July 5 - August 23, 2021) 5

Wednesday - Thursday (10:30PM)

True Beauty (December 9, 2020 - February 4, 2021) 6

Mouse (March 3 - May 20, 2021) 7

My Roommate is a Gumiho (May 26 - July 15, 2021) 8

Thursday (9:00PM)

Hospital Playlist 2 (June 17 - September 2, 2021) 9

Friday - Saturday (9:00PM)

Mr. Queen (December 12, 2020 - February 14, 2021) 10

Vincenzo (February 20 - May 2, 2021) 11

Mine (May 8 - June 26, 2021) 12

Friday - Saturday (10:50PM)

Voice 4 (June 18 - July 17, 2021) 13

Saturday - Sunday (9:00PM)

The Devil's Justice (July 3 - August 15, 2021) 14

Unscheduled:

The Tragedy of One 15

Seashore Village ChaChaCha 16

High Class 17

Cliffhanger 18

The Secret Royal Inspector and Jo Yi 19

Bulgasal 20

Happiness 21

The Glory 22

Big Mouth 23

Ghost Doctor 24

Crime Puzzle 25

• Like 4

there are certainly a LOT of dramas without a schedule on tvN! :unsure:

according to this, bulgasal is going to be on TVING, which is an online streaming platform (similar to netflix, i assume), not on tvN... we can check that off the list, if true.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, jongkkot said:

according to this, bulgasal is going to be on TVING, which is an online streaming platform (similar to netflix, i assume), not on tvN...

I believe it will be on both TVING and tvN, similar to the way many dramas are on Netflix and tvN, but if it isn't going to be broadcast on tvN because of how much they have waiting for a timeslot, it might be nice to free up the space. 

The Glory, Big Mouth, Happiness, Ghost Doctor, and Crime Puzzle are all slated for 2021/2022. None of them have confirmation but a few of them are in more advanced stages than Big Mouth. I think The Glory was always thought to air in 2022, but the rest have always been and still are up in the air. 

Link is having trouble with casting. Lee Joongi and Kim Seonho declined the offer to star and no news has been released since then. It may have been shelved for the time being. Along the same circumstances, Golden Hairpin is the historical drama Park Hyungsik was slated to take but he recently confirmed and started filming Happiness with Han Hyojoo, so if that does happen, it will have to be re-cast or put on hold for him to be available. 

Signal 2 is a unique case because it was slated for 2020 but got pushed back due to the cast's schedules. It was said to be releasing in mid to late 2021 and since the first season was on tvN, there is no chance of getting picked up by another network. But since the first was released in 2016, the likelihood that it'll be released this year is slim. I think that's why it says (grey) next to it. I believe it's a similar issue for Live 2. The original was released in 2018 and there isn't any updates on how the sequel is going, so a 2021 release is very unlikely and it also has (grey) next to it. 

Cruel Miss Ae Ran, Afterschool War Activities, The Sun Never Set, Bandit, Dear Bandits, and Military Prosecutor Doberman have next to nothing known about them so I think it's safe to say they are all getting 2022 release dates since so many dramas with big names are already waiting for a 2021/2022 release date. 

My personal opinion is that Happiness will be added to the 2021 line-up and maybe 1 or 2 others as well. The 2 or 3 from the list of 5 slated for 2021/22 that don't make it will air early next year. From what I saw when putting the tvN schedule together earlier, I think it's possible for them to squeeze Big Mouth into 2021 if it's a 12 episode drama. They will assign it a specific day and schedule all 16-20 episode dramas also airing to a later-than-usual time so there isn't a conflict. They did this with Hospital Playlist 1 & 2. But if it's a typical 16 episode drama, I'm hoping that his comeback will push it ahead of Ghost Doctor (Rain) and Crime Puzzle (Park Haejin). 

Sorry for being long-winded, guys. I just like seeing what is possible with my own eyes and thought some of you might like the information as well. Laying it all out like this has made me slightly more optimistic! 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, jongkkot said:

doesn't it look like he's preparing for a photoshoot?

Ooo, I hope so! When I first saw it, I just thought he was getting ready to shoot his scenes for Decibel. Then I wondered if this was a photoshoot (it's a little late for a magazine shoot since those have to be printed and finished in less than 2 weeks) or maybe even a commercial shoot. As much as I like the idea that he just wanted to share his favorite breakfast with us, I can't help but wonder if he was getting ready to film an ad for them instead and this was his teaser. 

Whatever it is, I hope we get to see him soon. We've actually gotten fairly consistent updates, but we haven't seen a picture of his face AND hair in (confirmed) real time since March. I love him dearly, but whatever reason he has to keep his face and hair hidden all the time is making me kind of sad now. :sweatingbullets::lol:

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, hilllllllly said:

Then I wondered if this was a photoshoot (it's a little late for a magazine shoot since those have to be printed and finished in less than 2 weeks) or maybe even a commercial shoot.

why is it late for a magazine shoot? magazine issues are usually released after the 20th of every month. today is june 5th, so even if it took exactly two weeks to edit the pictures and to write down the interview, it would come out around the 20th. i'm not saying you're wrong, just wondering why it can't be. i also thought it can't be a photoshoot, it's most likely a CF or an ad, but i don't see the chance of a photoshoot as so unlikely.

a part of me is still hoping it was a photoshoot for the actor is present campaign.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jongkkot said:

why is it late for a magazine shoot?

The 4th is pretty late for a magazine spread because their deadlines and when we see it are totally different things. The layout, articles, advertisements, etc. need to be finalized much sooner than they're printed. They also need to be printed much sooner than they're released so the shops have them in stock on time. It's true that his Elle and Harper's Bazaar shoots were released closer to the end of the month (when the magazine comes out in stores), but his Esquire shoot (where he was on the cover) was first revealed on Friday, the 15th and the video of his shoot was released the next day. That means the magazine was likely completed between Monday-Thursday of the same week, which would be the 11th-14th. The only reason other shoots aren't released until later in the month and after it's released to stores is because they aren't the cover story. It still has to be completed by the same date. 

Having said that, it's not impossible! He did his cover shoot for Esquire on the 3rd of January. I just thought that was a special circumstance because he wasn't allowed to do it any sooner and they wanted the exclusive. That could also be the reason the article wasn't very long. They may have cut it short to make the job easier for the people working with a quick deadline. But I would absolutely love a new photoshoot/interview so I hope that's what it is. I would love for it to be for The Actor is Present campaign, too. Or to at least be surprised by the fact that he's already done it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2021/06/08 Lee Jong Suk IG Story Update

Banners translation

1. https://twitter.com/SRK_ELF_SUKIE/status/1402169642475528192 

It's Lee Jong Suk's treat today! You're going to have to burn up!

Have a good meal and cheer up!

Okay, actor Lee Jong-Suk

Fan club With JS.

2. https://twitter.com/SRK_ELF_SUKIE/status/1402169693897646084

We're here again to cheer for Decibel!
 Enjoy your meal and enjoy the shoot twice as much. 
The cheering sound of WithJS is 20 million decibels! 
Actor Lee Jong Suk's Fan Club WithJS

3. https://twitter.com/SRK_ELF_SUKIE/status/1402171837233106948

On the cup: We support all actors and staff of the movie 'Decibel '

Actor Lee Jong Suk's Fan Club WithJS

• Like 5