Lee Jong Suk 이종석 ||Unreleased C-Drama - Jade Lover ||Upcoming Movie - The Witch: Part 2 || Upcoming Movie - Decibel

nonski

One area of his resume that was a bit short was movies, so I think this is a good career move. (Wow, he will be tired, though! Lol.) He's so good at dramas and does seem to love them (and as a viewer I prefer them, not that my opinion matters! Just hope he sticks in them for a long while yet). But movies are part of the long-term career; longer-lasting and more prestigious. So I think this is a good combination. 

As to the rest of the cast, yeah, it looks great! I am not always excited about idols getting cast in things (if you can sing, great, but when I'm watching acting, I want to see, well, ACTING, not just a pretty face). But while I haven't heard Cha Eun Woo sing, I think he did a nice job in his last drama (True Beauty), so I'm happy to see that he has a supporting role in this. Of course Kim Rae Won carries strong acting power into it. Overall I'm quite pleased with the cast and think they will be able to put together a good movie. :) 

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

@partyon, can we change the title again? in the upcoming movie part, let's add "decibel". it's still a literal title and it could be subject to change, there's also no release date yet, but it can always be edited again later on as we get new information. ^_^

here is a pic from the filming set. even though jongsuk is nowhere to be seen, since it's about the movie, i thought i'd share.

also, i want to use this post to say this topic looks way more alive now that jongsuk is working, i like all the interaction! it really feels like he is back now. so thanks to all of you guys for bringing it to life and making it a nice and cozy place to be in. 

:Megathanks:

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

• partyon changed the title to Lee Jong Suk 이종석 ||Unreleased C-Drama - Jade Lover ||Upcoming Movie - The Witch: Part 2 || Upcoming Movie - Decibel
2 hours ago, jongkkot said:

@partyon, can we change the title again? in the upcoming movie part, let's add "decibel". it's still a literal title and it could be subject to change, there's also no release date yet, but it can always be edited again later on as we get new information. ^_^

The thread title has been updated with the movie information you provided. Let me know if you want changes to it again at some point. Seems Lee Jong Suk is keeping himself busy with lots of projects.

:coolshades:

Spoiler

Wait, @jongkkot how come you are a new member again? Haven't you been a member for a long time already?

EDIT: Never mind. I read the post where you explained what happened. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Waow Cha Eun Woo and Lee Jong Suk definitely a killer combo.:heart4: I watched Eunwoo in the True Beauty and Rookie Historian, He is charming and talented. Although some people of find his acting robotic but I think he has talent for sure. He's improves himself. I'm so happy Lee Jong Suk starring in the action movie. I was also following Cha Eunwoo on Instagram. I think he is the only actor I follow other than Lee Jong Suk.  Both are very handsome.:heart:

• Like 6

ASTRO's Cha Eun Woo, Lee Jong Suk & Kim Rae Won start filming upcoming action movie 'Decibel'

1619596312-20210428-decibel.jpg

According to reports, 'Decibel' began filming on April 20 KST with the cast, including Kim Rae Won, Lee Jong Suk, Cha Eun Woo, Jung Sang HoonPark Byung EunLee Sang Hee, and Jo Dal Hwan. The action movie follows a group trying to prevent a sound terrorism attack in the city after a similar attack on a submarine.

Kim Rae Won will be playing a Navy commander who's tasked with stopping the sound bomb, Lee Jong Suk is taking on the role of a Navy captain who's dedicated himself to taking care of his crew, and Cha Eun Woo will be playing a young sailor in charge of sonar detection for his first ever big screen role.

'Decibel' is set to be directed by Hwang In Ho, who was behind 'Spellbound' and 'Monster'.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/04/astros-cha-eun-woo-lee-jong-suk-kim-rae-won-start-filming-upcoming-action-movie-decibel

• Like 5

I liked the description of the roles in the movie. Lee Jong Suk will be the captain of the ship, that's beautiful. I think the movie will be good. I liked the subject, it reminded a little bit  One Piece. I know Lee Jong Suk is a One Piece fan. I also liked the role description of Eunwoo and Rae woon. It is the first Lee Jong Suk movie that I am so curious about. I don't usually watch Korean movies but I feel like this will be great.

• Like 3

On 4/28/2021 at 1:28 PM, jongkkot said:

he literally finished filming the witch 2 on april 19 and the filming for decibel started on april 20 (assuming he started with everyone else, but that's the idea)... he must be tired but he's not resting for us. and because he missed acting, of course. i appreciate him so much.

Thank you for the info @jongkkot  Hope he has plenty of rest between takes.  I think Decibel will be even more challenging than Witch2.  Read that he is the captain of submarine. 

On 4/28/2021 at 1:17 PM, hilllllllly said:

I find that Jongsuk always surprises me with his choices, but they are always far better than what I could have come up with. I never would have chosen for his comeback to start this way (with 2 movies instead of a drama)... yet, I see how spoiled we are going to be in the second half of this year. By the time other's would be debuting their first drama after enlistment, Jongsuk will have 2 movies ready to be released on either side of his. And not only that, but by the sound of it, he'll have 3 totally different images in each project. Yes, sometimes I wish he was more visible to us now, but it will all be well worth it later. 

I am so proud to tell my friends about him returning to Dramaland after discharge.   Some were complaining that their artist(s) is slow in coming out with their works or the choices, but our JS came back with a BANG - 2 movies, 1 drama and CFs month after month.  He is so passionate about his acting which we know and he's also doing it for us fans.   
Way to go, Jong Suk! 

:doggie:

I have seen Cha Eun Woo in True Beauty, but I prefer the 2nd ML @frozentundra :D.  Anyway, CEW is already popular and became more after TB.  As for Kim Rae Won, this one is a veteran actor - saw him in Gangnam Blues - he is good -  can be badass, tough and nice guy too.  I don't really know the others but 7 is HUGE.    

Thank you to @Rania Zeid 's post on the list of cast below

Kim Rae Won

Lee Jong Suk
Jung Sang Hoon
Park Byeong Eun
Lee Sang Hee
Cho Dal Hwan
Cha Eun Woo

• Like 7

we'll get to see what he couldn't show us while he was at the military camp, if he cut his hair really short for the role. he'll make up for it. :lol:

this role seems even more difficult and action packed compared to the witch 2. his staff always said he has never complained about being tired or physically hurt even when he was doing a lot, and i've never seen him complain either apart from his occasional "it's cold", "it's hot", but i don't remember ever seeing him complain about his body condition. i hope he doesn't get toooo strained, but i know he can take care of himself.

• Like 7

if you loved hospital playlist or watched or just cursorily heard of it, join us for some laughs at the postcard event where we write funny postcards to characters in hospital playlist. :D re-watch starts tomorrow (wednesday)! 

re: @partyon, @Sleepy Owl 

• Like 1

5 May 2021  Happy 7th Anniversary to Doctor Stranger

Here’s to the amazing cast !!!!
LeeJongSuk  ParkHaeJin  KangSoRa  JinSeYeon    ChoiJungWoo   YoonBora
captioned and credit to artsypulse 

cr https://twitter.com/JongSukUnited

Seven years since Doctor Stranger aired today. Thank you for bringing this fun and intense drama to our lives. No one can portray the role of Dr. Park Hoon better than you, Jong Suk.
- quote by JongSukUnited

• Like 6

Heh...the wild-haired and sorta balding male nurse from this drama (Kim Sang Ho) has a lookalike who works in the dairy department at my local grocery store. (Which also has those big blue water bottles just like in Dr. Stranger.) Just startles me every time I turn the corner and find this guy stocking milk. Park Hoon? Are you somewhere around here, too? :D

photo423287.jpg

original.jpg

• Like 3