Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

Finally some drama new from Sukkie. I love law series. There is some resemblance to the character of Jung Jae Chan but likely will be the more mature version. I like Jong Suk characters who have a bit more funny side like Jung jae chan and Park hoon. I feel like this character a bit clumsy and has some quirky side. I think he should play with long hair in the drama, because he looks very fresh.

• Like 5

someone on DC said they found the filming set for decibel too and they asked a staff member if the actor they were seeing was him (they saw him from the back) because he looked similar to jongsuk. the answer they got was that that person is a double (aka stuntman for action scenes), and they thought it was confirmation anyway that jongsuk is in the movie since their bodies look the same.

feel free to correct me and/or add to the translation if any of you guys finds out something more from the post!

14 hours ago, kembie said:

Thanks for sharing the banner pic on the movie Decibel @hilllllllly and to you @jongkkot on the ?confirmation.   
Well @frozentundra  JS is working so hard like a cow - now we know he is doing 3 projects this year- we will get to see Witch2 soon, wonder when the other two.

@jongkkot  Why was your twit on the change of chinese characters could not been seen here?  Did you remove the original post, just wondering?

Wish I could read mandarin - my father sent me to a national school instead - haha!   
I wanted to see the characters posted by @jongkkot earlier.  I think it is just the simplified version vs traditional.  @frozentundra

edit -- just got this from a friend May that the present weibo 李钟硕  is simplified mandarin.   李鐘碩 traditional mandarin.  That confirmed my understanding.

1 hour ago, jongkkot said:

someone on DC said they found the filming set for decibel too and they asked a staff member if the actor they were seeing was him (they saw him from the back) because he looked similar to jongsuk. the answer they got was that that person is a double (aka stuntman for action scenes), and they thought it was confirmation anyway that jongsuk is in the movie since their bodies look the same.

feel free to correct me and/or add to the translation if any of you guys finds out something more from the post!

No worries on this - glad you shared - please continue to do so.  Thank you.

:heartxoxo:

• Like 5

yes @kembie, i deleted it because my caption said one was the new name and the other was the old one, but it was the other way around and it didn't feel right to leave it up.

glad you found out what the difference is! i got a feeling it had to do with a different "version" of chinese.

58 minutes ago, jongkkot said:

yes @kembie, i deleted it because my caption said one was the new name and the other was the old one, but it was the other way around and it didn't feel right to leave it up.

glad you found out what the difference is! i got a feeling it had to do with a different "version" of chinese.

Awww, it's okay, you can re-do and I will repost it here
:heartxoxo:  at least to show that he did a change in weibo , for record here

and @hilllllllly  I am not sure about others, I could not see the image you posted.  Mian he

• Like 3

@kembie I have no idea why it isn't showing up, but I was referring to this picture. Thanks for letting me know! I posted a link underneath it in my original post so if it happens to anyone else, they'll still know what I'm talking about. :lol:

Oh, and now he's making me really, really curious about the state of his hair. He doesn't seem to want to post anything that isn't from before he finished The Witch 2. :ph34r:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, hilllllllly said:

@kembie I have no idea why it isn't showing up, but I was referring to this picture. Thanks for letting me know! I posted a link underneath it in my original post so if it happens to anyone else, they'll still know what I'm talking about. :lol:

Oh, and now he's making me really, really curious about the state of his hair. He doesn't seem to want to post anything that isn't from before he finished The Witch 2. :ph34r:

Haha @hilllllllly  :lol: Let him be mysterious as he wishes.  He will sure post one day.   And thanks for re-posting the JS post.   
As I am as excited on his role in Witch 2, I think I am even more for Decibel.  That one is action-packed.  LOL, he is into suspense dramas / movies nowadays.  The tvN drama that he is going to lead is also filled with power struggle, conspiracy and suspense legal thriller.

두근두근  두근두근

• Like 4

I think he said he couldn't be there because of his schedule, not because of covid? On second listen I can hear the covid bit as well. Anyway, he's very sorry he can't be there. He wishes the couple a long time of happiness and sends them his greetings.

The sound is kinda murky and while I'm good with printed text, audio is harder. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

I think he said he couldn't be there because of his schedule, not because of covid? On second listen I can hear the covid bit as well. Anyway, he's very sorry he can't be there. He wishes the couple a long time of happiness and sends them his greetings.

Thanks for the translation.  So sweet and thoughtful of him.  That live message of him on screen was huge.  His hair is so long ... so @hilllllllly does that answer your question? 

Was told it was Yoon KS's dongsaeng's wedding.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

it's okay! ^_^ i did hear a 코로나 in there, so the best thing is to assume we're both right! it might be both because of his schedule and of covid that he couldn't be there to celebrate.

for anyone that's curious to know what korean fans think of his long hair and of his appearance. (not that there were any doubts they think the same as us...)

2 minutes ago, kembie said:

Thanks for the translation.  So sweet and thoughtful of him.  That live message of him on screen was huge.  His hair is so long ... so @hilllllllly does that answer your question? 

i'm inclined to think this was filmed sometime before he finished the witch 2, but i could be wrong. time will tell.

7 minutes ago, jongkkot said:

it's okay! ^_^ i did hear a 코로나 in there, so the best thing is to assume we're both right! it might be both because of his schedule and of covid that he couldn't be there to celebrate.

Last I heard (last week, anyway) they were still under restrictions of no social events having more than 5 people. Don't know how weddings fit into that, but yeah, probably both were a factor.

Funny how the Korean reaction to his hair is exactly like the international one. :D

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, jongkkot said:

i'm inclined to think this was filmed sometime before he finished the witch 2, but i could be wrong. time will tell.

You could be right .. probably during the Witch2 period.  His hair was long that time.

Time will tell.

Can't really see the texts in that wikitree @jongkkot
What did they say?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kembie said:

You could be right .. probably during the Witch2 period.  His hair was long that time.

Time will tell.

Can't really see the texts in that wikitree @jongkkot
What did they say ?   A short one please

you should be able to see it if you open the post on twitter.

Aw! He looks so precious in that wedding video! What a nice surprise to get this weekend! 

21 hours ago, kembie said:

so @hilllllllly does that answer your question? 

Haha, I wish! Like @jongkkot said, I'm sure it was pre-filmed, but it's certainly possible that it was from yesterday or a few days earlier while he was filming Decibel too. And in that case, he didn't cut his hair. I guess I'm just struggling to imagine a character in an action movie having that hairstyle. It's just so long and stylized, it would be a miracle if it fit his character's description, imo.

I keep thinking about how both movies he's filming are action/suspense (in very different ways). I'm glad he's doing new things and isn't limiting himself, but it has me questioning the possible romance in Big Mouth. Do you guys think there will be a female lead? I've seen people saying there probably won't be any romance, but I don't agree. It would be a different, established kind of love, but the little we know about the drama mentions a father-in-law, which means he has a wife, and it also mentions his family. If the entire basis of this drama is how doing the right thing for the trial may put his family in danger, whoever that includes is going to be important to the story and fleshed out in the drama. The audience has to care for the wife, parents-in-law, kids, etc. if they become a target. And even if his wife isn't alive anymore (which I saw someone suggest), I can't imagine there won't be flashbacks.

I really love that he's in talks for a drama that is based around his character because the last time that happened was technically Doctor Stranger. Pinocchio, W, and WYWS were all equal billing and equally focused on the male/female leads while RIABB's storyline was largely centered around Lee Nayoung's character. But I do believe that there will be a female lead in Big Mouth that will probably be of as much (if not slightly less) importance as the female lead in Doctor Stranger. The majority of what happens will be centered around him, but his family seems to be a very important factor... so reading people say there won't be romance or any need for a wife is confusing to me. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, frozentundra said:

Thanks for the translation.  So sweet and thoughtful of him:).

• Like 4

another post on DC. in a naver article about jongsuk's instagram post, a reporter wrote as if jongsuk confirmed his appearance in the movie decibel. some fans commented that it's still an information to take with a grain of salt, that maybe it's the reporter's guess. but, i've noticed the article states that the drama big mouth is under review and that jongsuk is considering it, it's weird the same isn't said regarding decibel if it's still undecided. :phew: