Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

Thanks, @hilllllllly! Since it is still coming up in articles I've been reading on Naver about 2021 films, I guess I was just surprised that they were still shooting. But maybe this is a good timeline. It could come out at the end of the year after vaccinations have taken effect and people feel more comfortable going out in public (and well, are even allowed to).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hilllllllly said:

He basically says that there isn't much shooting left to do, there is more action than the last, and he's spent more money this time around. :lol:

didn't he say that the action in the second movie is not as much as the first one, but that it's more demanding since it's shot in a different, bigger space?

45 minutes ago, jongkkot said:

didn't he say that the action in the second movie is not as much as the first one, but that it's more demanding since it's shot in a different, bigger space?

Well, he said when he was writing the script, it felt like half of the movie was action scenes, but now that they're filming it, it doesn't seem like that much more than the original. I took that to mean it still is, but not as much as he thought when he was writing it. He also said he spent more money this time around, so I'm assuming that also hints to more action/special effects. You're right about the different, bigger spaces.

@frozentundra I really, really hope it's out by the end of the year. I know a list was released a month or so ago claiming it would be... so I'm hopeful! If it follows the same timeline as it did in 2017, we could see it released by October. I read that The Call was held back for such a long time that they ultimately decided to skip theater release and go straight to Netflix.  I wonder how many movies will be doing the same before this is all over.

• Like 1

@hilllllllly Took me a moment to find it, but this is the article I was thinking of in particular: https://www.ajunews.com/view/20210331155559952

It says that CGV theaters were trying an experimental plan this quarter (April-June) and releasing movies simultaneously in theaters and via online streaming. They were raising the theater price by 1000 won as well. The hope is that if this does well, then they could get some films moving through the pipeline next quarter and boost the film industry (which was hit pretty hard by covid). 

I feel bad for everyone whose projects have been affected by the pandemic. Hopefully things look up in the future.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, frozentundra said:

It says that CGV theaters were trying an experimental plan this quarter (April-June) and releasing movies simultaneously in theaters and via online streaming.

Oo, thanks for finding the link! How interesting. Actually, I watched a video the other day of someone talking about streaming Seobok on their "tving" app. I was confused because I thought for sure it was a theater release... but this explains it! Sometimes I think covid just accelerated what the future would've brought about anyway. The industry was probably headed in this direction, so I'm pretty confident it'll do a lot of good.

As far as Witch 2 goes, I wonder if it'll get preferential treatment in terms of release date because the first was so well loved... not to mention a very popular and sorely missed actor being added to the cast. I'm trying to be as patient as possible no matter what the outcome, but I do hope the release is sooner than later with no hard compromises. And I also hope Jongsuk's plans to pick a new project after the movie wraps isn't hindered by this or all the drama controversies. :unsure:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, backstreetboysfan said:

There is a new picture of LJS from filming but I don't know if I can post it on this thread?.

sure you can! why not? :lol:

viewimage.php?id=27b2de21f6c733&no=24b0d

viewimage.php?id=27b2de21f6c733&no=24b0d

I think Witch 2 has officially wrapped as of today! This post on dc forums shows screenshots of a few IG posts from people working on the movie. The first post just says, "Crank Up 4/19/2021" and the other is thanking all the martial arts actors and crew members for the last 4 months filming on Jeju.

It's nice to have confirmation that the movie is finished! It seems like everyone has been really busy wrapping everything up the last week or so. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, hilllllllly said:

I think Witch 2 has officially wrapped as of today!

thanks for sharing! :D 

since jongsuk disappeared from social media, i started wondering if he would "show up" with some news about his comeback drama and surprise us all. maybe not, but at least he's done with the movie today! hopefully he gets some rest before jumping into something new.

55 minutes ago, hilllllllly said:

I think Witch 2 has officially wrapped as of today! This post on dc forums shows screenshots of a few IG posts from people working on the movie. The first post just says, "Crank Up 4/19/2021" and the other is thanking all the martial arts actors and crew members for the last 4 months filming on Jeju.

Thanks for sharing! :).

Hopefully we will hear about his next project soon.

• Like 3

here's another update on The Witch 2 from DC!

justin harvey is an actor that's part of kim dami's agency, i assume he had a part in the movie as well. nice! it seems there'll be a lot of english in this movie too. :lol:

edit: i assumed he was foreign but seeing he used korean in one of his recent stories, i'll refrain from making assumptions.

Edited by Guest

Since this is tagged to Jong Suk, hence the post.  Kim Dami in action!
I must say that I too, am excited for the movie. 
But first have to watch Witch 1 before the P2.   
Am curious what role Jong Suk will be playing.  

@jongkkot  Does Netflix has  The Witch Part 1: The Subversion ?

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, jongkkot said:

in one of his recent stories

for anyone who won't get to see the story before it disappears, here it is.

10 minutes ago, kembie said:

@jongkkot  Does Netflix has  The Witch Part 1: The Subversion ?

i don't think it's on netflix! can anyone else confirm this?

EVENT Alert!: Game: Guess the drama Part 2

chingus, the gossip lovers EO are back with another set of blinds based on the juiciest gossips we heard from the Kdrama world. Let's see if you can guess the dramas based on blinds 

:hooray:

Your friendly neighborhood and resident Event Organizers,

@Lmangla @partyon @Sleepy Owl

--- 

• Like 4