Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

8 hours ago, kiyimae said:

secondly, i think i read in one of your posts that jongsuk might be discharged sooner based on good conduct. is that true? i'm just curious since i never heard about it, did this happen to some other celebrity in korea before? is that applicable to civil servants? i feel like he would be a perfect fit for that recommendation, seeing how he's managed keeping away from the public this whole time.

3 hours ago, kembie said:

Secondly,  on any person performing in the MS , be it active or non,  question on early discharge due to good conduct, I thought I read it somewhere but sorry, I do not keep track of that source.   I might be wrong, so don't get any hopes flying high please.   Else we just have to wait for Jong Suk to come on 2 Jan 2021, hopefully without further extension.    One key reason for him being so low-key of which he  is guarding it so "intimately" , could be to ensure that he comes out ON that date, with no issues.    We know that there are some out there who just want to spin rumours / scandalous stories about K-celebrities, of which may have negative impact on the length of the service. 

Interesting ... to be honest, I wondered if his "special vacation" was an early discharge. He wrote about that at the same time as emphasizing his excitement for 2020, so my imagination went wild with the possibility that he'd be getting out this year. I always expected for him to get Christmas vacation time, so that also made me wonder if the "special vacation" he was talking about was the time he was taking off or something else. 

My hopes aren't up too high. I do fully expect to welcome him back on January 2, 2021, but it is fun to speculate about!

• Like 5

good thinking, @hilllllllly. that didn't cross my mind at all. even though it's just a thought, it's interesting!

i am eager to see if we'll get him back sooner now, maybe he couldn't announce it yet at the time he wrote that message so he just gave us a cryptic one. it might just be he was talking about his christmas vacation or the fact he was allowed to travel during holidays, since he's been seen in sokcho. but i am also not expecting some news, i am still counting down until next year. i don't want to get disappointed by my own conjectures. i am sure there won't be delays with his discharge and this is enough.

79737953_194948038299860_881167796094011

this one says "you should/must be happy. truly."

i personally don't like this translation so much. it feels like almost forcing something onto someone, which is definitely not the case here. i'd say he means he hopes we are happy and wants us to be (even without him?). "you have to be happy" would be a better choice, since there is no other way to translate it.

it might seem the same thing and the same meaning but to me it's not, i feel like it gets lost when it gets translated and it sounds a bit strong in english if translated that way. just perfectionist inner me talking. :rolleyes:

7 Konkuk University Graduates That You Know It’s Where the Brain-Smart Visuals Come From

Proud graduates from Konkuk University! 

Like a lot of universities, Konkuk University has a station dedicated to it called ‘Konkuk University Station’ where one could easily find it on the subway line 2 in Seoul. Konkuk University may not be in one of the top 3 universities in South Korea but it still had its reputation. Every university would have notable alumnus to name and Konkuk University has a list of visually appealing ones to be proud of. 

1. SHINee’s Minho
2. Lee Jongsuk

1568187316235-1986E16C-AB3D-41D6-A572-C9B865152E1C.jpeg

3. Lee Minho

4. Girl’s Day’s Hyeri  

5. TVXQ’s Changmin 

6. BTS’ Jin 

7. Song Kang

https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2019/09/11/7-konkuk-university-graduates-that-you-know-it-s-where-the-brain-smart-visuals-come-from-267975/EQSyEw8MdtyH9Z53

• Like 5

@ibru you want to make us dream again :tears:

i see a man taking a picture with his phone in his hand, that light could be the flash from the camera. it seems that he's the one taking the picture of the mug, whoever he is. or am i wrong? i can't tell if his reflection is what's inside of the café because we can see both inside and outside.

1 hour ago, kiyimae said:

@ibru you want to make us dream again :tears:

i see a man taking a picture with his phone in his hand, that light could be the flash from the camera. it seems that he's the one taking the picture of the mug, whoever he is. or am i wrong? i can't tell if his reflection is what's inside of the café because we can see both inside and outside.

Hope, that it was him making this photo....

• Like 4