Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

20 hours ago, kiyimae said:
on the 5th of december it looks like jong suk left yet another little sign. :heart:

I wonder where that was...? 

Is that actually JS's writing? Or did someone else leave that there? There's no explanation on the post... It's too bad the poster didn't explain more. 

• Like 5

VOTE FOR LEE JONG SUK!!!

[2019 Year in Review] Beanie Royale 2019

by stroopwafel

beanie-royale-2019-banner.jpg

Welcome to the first-ever Beanie Royale! This year, we want to make voting more difficult exciting by having you pit each nominee against each other in a drama on drama match up, until only one show is left standing in each category.

Use the charts to deliberate over your choices, vote for your winning show in the polls, and let folks know in the comments how you arrived at the winner. Were some choices harder than others? Did your initial favorite end up being the one you chose in the end? (Feel free to campaign for your winning choices too!)

The polls will be open until Dec. 31st at 11:59 p.m. PST with the winners being announced after voting closes. There can only be one winner!

ONE LAST BEAN

2019-beanie-royale-one-last-bean.jpg

2019-beanie-royale-protagonist-1.jpg

2019-beanie-royale-wardrobe.jpg

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/12/2019-year-in-review-beanie-royale-2019/

• Like 1

22 K-Drama Superlatives From 2019

22 K-Drama Superlatives From 2019

Dec 29, 2019
by Belinda_C

It’s that time of the year again! No, I don’t mean getting smashed on eggnog or staying up to the countdown of the new year. It’s time for our annual K-drama superlatives-style roundup!

In this year of K-dramas, we’ve had a particularly strong showing of historical dramas (sageuks), both traditional and fusion. There was also an uptick of dramas featuring well-written, empowered, multi-dimensional women. Netflix also dipped their toes into the production of K-dramas, which affected how their dramas are structured (for better or worse? Let us know what you think down in the comments).

To honor the dramas that have accompanied us this year (or made us laugh and cry and laugh so hard that we cried), I give you, in no particular order, 2019’s superlatives.

Before you get up in arms about the lack of the Arthdals or the Nokdus, please note that this is not a list of the best dramas of 2019, but rather a fun, silly way to take a stroll down memory lane. So feel free to head down to the comments section and nominate superlatives for all the other deserving dramas!

Disclaimer: This article only includes dramas that started airing between December 1, 2018, and November 30, 2019. Also, minor spoilers ahead!

Best send-off to the military

Lee Jong Suk in “Romance is a Bonus Book”

Romance-is-a-bonus-book.jpg

Aired on: tvN
Air date: January 26 – March 17, 2019 (16 episodes)
Starring: Lee Na Young, Lee Jong Suk

While “Romance is a Bonus Book” wasn’t necessarily one of the buzziest dramas of the year, it still drew attention for being Lee Na Young’s return to the small screen in nine years and for being Lee Jong Suk’s last drama before he enlisted.

The drama is set in the publishing industry and is a story of how good books touch the lives of the readers. In many ways, the drama itself is very much like curling up with a good book with a good cup of coffee — it’s not particularly thrilling yet is soothing, comforting, and is like spending time with a good friend. Frankly, we couldn’t have asked for a better send-off for Lee Jong Suk. See you in 2021!

Romance-is-a-bonus-book-gif.gif

https://www.soompi.com/article/1372683wpp/k-drama-superlatives-from-2019

• Like 4

happy new year everyone! :heart:

lately i find myself missing jongsuk more than usual, i notice it happens the most at night while i'm in bed and i think about things, while during the day i try to keep as busy as possible. there are days i miss him more and days i try not to think about it too much. it's pretty hard, and the perspective of having to wait for another year doesn't help me feel better.

11 hours ago, kiyimae said:

happy new year everyone! :heart:

lately i find myself missing jongsuk more than usual, i notice it happens the most at night while i'm in bed and i think about things, while during the day i try to keep as busy as possible. there are days i miss him more and days i try not to think about it too much. it's pretty hard, and the perspective of having to wait for another year doesn't help me feel better.

I think the halfway point feels more like a hurdle than an accomplishment, even for Jongsuk. So much time has already passed and there is still a year left? It feels neverending. But I truly do believe that we'll be caught off guard by the progress we see and how fast time flies this year. We have officially gotten rid of the year attached to our countdown and by April, the months will be down to single digits! I think we've gotten used to seeing time pass with a discouraging lack of progress, but this year will be different. We just have to be strong and encouraging for Jongsuk like he has been for us. We'll get through this together!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@hilllllllly being aware of the fact i am not alone in feeling this way and that jongsuk is feeling the same is what gives a little bit of hope it will all be done soon. already a year has passed, another one will, right? it's just my mind is so impatient, the longing for him gets bigger and bigger. i am so grateful he is letting us read through his thoughts a little by writing on the mugs, so we know he's missing us too. otherwise we would have had nothing but silence, that would've been worse. i believe he's doing this because he's scared we'd forget about him if he completely were to disappear for almost two whole years, but we know that's just not possible. he wants to stick around even if he can't do it physically.

and i have a question for @kembie: i look at your ig account from time to time, first of all thank you for updating about jongsuk every day.  you are doing a great job. :heart:

secondly, i think i read in one of your posts that jongsuk might be discharged sooner based on good conduct. is that true? i'm just curious since i never heard about it, did this happen to some other celebrity in korea before? is that applicable to civil servants? i feel like he would be a perfect fit for that recommendation, seeing how he's managed keeping away from the public this whole time.

4 hours ago, kiyimae said:

it's just my mind is so impatient, the longing for him gets bigger and bigger. i am so grateful he is letting us read through his thoughts a little by writing on the mugs, so we know he's missing us too. otherwise we would have had nothing but silence, that would've been worse. i believe he's doing this because he's scared we'd forget about him if he completely were to disappear for almost two whole years, but we know that's just not possible. he wants to stick around even if he can't do it physically.

and i have a question for @kembie: i look at your ig account from time to time, first of all thank you for updating about jongsuk every day.  you are doing a great job. :heart:

secondly, i think i read in one of your posts that jongsuk might be discharged sooner based on good conduct. is that true? i'm just curious since i never heard about it, did this happen to some other celebrity in korea before? is that applicable to civil servants? i feel like he would be a perfect fit for that recommendation, seeing how he's managed keeping away from the public this whole time.

Thank you @kiyimae for the compliment - am trying my level best to do a past chrono on Jong Suk.  I have to admit I can't cover all as he was so active in so many engagements and projects, including the 1 year he mentioned that he was taking a rest  from filming.   As much as I enjoy doing it, I have to try to juggle my time :blush:

Secondly,  on any person performing in the MS , be it active or non,  question on early discharge due to good conduct, I thought I read it somewhere but sorry, I do not keep track of that source.   I might be wrong, so don't get any hopes flying high please.   Else we just have to wait for Jong Suk to come on 2 Jan 2021, hopefully without further extension.    One key reason for him being so low-key of which he  is guarding it so "intimately" , could be to ensure that he comes out ON that date, with no issues.    We know that there are some out there who just want to spin rumours / scandalous stories about K-celebrities, of which may have negative impact on the length of the service. 

And yes, pretty sure most of us are very grateful for his love and concern to us fans.  I am so glad that he built his dream Cafe89.mansion, now giving  him an avenue to share his "presence".

I shall respect his privacy to be "away" -  ( 1 year to go) though at times,  I kinda tease a bit on my wall.   Let him have his way.  He has been working so hard since he was 15. 

#wewillwaitforyouleejongsuk

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1