Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

aww, this message. it breaks my heart, i can't help but feel like he has a sense of guilt for not showing up to us or for not posting pictures/updates for us to see. we are grateful for the idea of writing on mugs, i don't know who would insist on getting posts from him. i am happy knowing he is doing fine and he is able to communicate with us, no matter the way. i know he's always thinking about his fans. ugh, it makes me sad. don't apologize, jongsuk. :tears:

A better translation:

"All I can do for you right now is sign the outside of this cup. I'm sorry.

I'm doing good! Have you been well too? I love you always."

I definitely took from this message that he doesn't think what he's done is enough. He knows we miss him and I'm sure that's part of it, but I think he wishes he could do more because he misses us too. It feels inadequate to him, but I hope he knows it really does mean the world to us. I don't think I'll ever understand why some men enlisted in the military are able to attend award shows and post lots of pictures on IG while Jongsuk has to resort to short messages on coffee cups, but I've always said that he would do more than this if he was allowed and I'm glad to see him confirm that. He has reached out to us like clockwork every month.The dedication and love and care that he's put into making sure we know he's ok and that he loves us is beyond my expectations. An instagram post (if allowed) would be easy. What he does for us every month takes true love, commitment, and is so totally and completely Jongsuk. This is one of the countless reasons that I love him. 

• Like 6

This cup is also new. It says, "I wish you would always be happy!"

He may only be able to write on the outside of a coffee cup, but I'm glad he did it a few extra times for Christmas/New Year. I can't repeat enough how sweet it is that he's made this a monthly occurrence.

I was thinking today about how he's never truly left us in the 10 years since his debut. Even when he took a year off in 2015, he still did fan meetings, photoshoots, commercials, interviews, social media, and a few live streams. Because he's remained so connected, this love never feels one-sided. Even now when we can't see him or hear him.

I've said it before, but coming from America where there are a lot of entitled celebrities who ask you to support their movies/shows/music right before turning around and demanding privacy, claiming that they don't owe us anything... Jongsuk is such a breath of fresh air. There always seems to be mutual respect between him and us. I've seen many of his fans in tears because they got to see him in person or meet him, but I've also seen Jongsuk so touched by his fans or sad to say goodbye that he, too is in tears. Fans often give him gifts and he's always given back to us. Even now with these messages. We thank him for what he's done for us and he returns the sentiment with detailed statements that prove he truly understands how we feel...  because he feels the same.

It's just so nice to see that all the love people give to him comes right back. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, hilllllllly said:

We thank him for what he's done for us and he returns the sentiment with detailed statements that prove he truly understands how we feel...  because he feels the same.

It's just so nice to see that all the love people give to him comes right back.

Well put @hilllllllly !   Kamsahamnida :heart: 

• Like 6

QUIZ: Which Male Character From 2019 K-Dramas Should You Date?

Dec 19, 2019

Quiz-answer-eunho-lee-jongsuk.jpg

EunHo

EunHo of "Romance is a Bonus Book" You've got the mature and gentleman EunHo (acted by Lee Jong Suk). He is a genius writer and the youngest chief editor at a publishing company. He will tell you poetic words and garner conversations with smart insights.

Thank you @Rania Zeid  -  He's OUR chosen one!  

• Like 6