Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

18 hours ago, kiyimae said:

does any of you follow any other actor that enlisted already and came back? i am curious to know if jong suk will get asked about it in future interviews once he's back. i'd love to hear about how he felt during this time.

Hi @kiyimae  Wish I could answer you. No clue on others as I only follow Jong Suk-ssi :blush:  If I do come across any interview of such, will let you know.  

• Like 4

On 9/19/2019 at 12:18 AM, kiyimae said:

does any of you follow any other actor that enlisted already and came back? i am curious to know if jong suk will get asked about it in future interviews once he's back. i'd love to hear about how he felt during this time.

I think I've seen a few mentions of their time in the military from various k-stars but I've never followed someone who spoke in-depth about it. I saw in an article when Jung Il Woo returned from his public service enlistment that he immediately shared what he did (worked with the elderly) and spoke about how it changed him as a person/actor. On the other hand, I made sure to pay attention to Lee Min Ho when he returned and despite a few pictures before his final day and an IG post saying a quick "Thank You", his discharge seemed very anticlimactic and unlike what I anticipated. Maybe I just didn't see the full picture? 

I will say that unless Jongsuk is told to keep quiet, I could see him opening up about it. It's his nature to reflect in interviews. I assume that being away for 2 years will have a big impact on him, so I can't imagine it just getting swept under the rug unless it has to be.

• Like 7

Hello, All

So I'm back after a week. 

I just finished watching W for the second time. It's more intense and better than the first watch. I'm trying to be objective. I definitely don't have to wait for the next episode this time. Watching everything in one go is so convenient, especially for a drama that has lots of plot twists and cliffhangers. 

I'm proud because now I can say that I have watched all Jongsuk's dramas where he got major roles. W is definitely my favorite in terms of story and writing. I guess I should watch the other dramas by the same writer. 

Of course, the drama is so alive, believable and hypnotizing thanks to Jongsuk's incredible performance. He could make me spend most of my free time in a busy week watching W. 

Another thing that is also memorable is watching him get the Daesang award for Best Actor in MBC's drama award 

Ah, Lee Jongsuk-ssi, you are really one of a kind, aren't you?

I like watching dramas and movies. I have watched lots of award winning speeches from many actors and actresses. It's a big deal for them, no matter how many times they win. They would always say amazing things, or try to impress audience by saying moving speeches. 

But Lee Jong Suk? He said he's not good in saying great speeches like the other actors and that he was really grateful. His speech was so short that the MC had to stop him from leaving. When he was asked to say something more, since he won the Daesang after all, he said he had two pills to stop him from feeling anxious (obviously legal pills for anxiety or else he wouldn't mention it) and that he was sleepy overall. He only added once more that he was really grateful. I think he also mentioned his fans twice.

This behaviour could be interpreted in various ways, but for me, it's endearing. 

He didn't write or prepare any speeches as if he didn't expect or even think he could win. 

He's unpretentious and was nervous, and couldn't think of anything amazing to say on the spot, therefore he only said he was really grateful. The way he behaved makes me think he wants to escape the stage as fast as possible, because it's nerve-wrecking for him to be there and on the spotlight, in front of so many people focusing on him. 

And last but definitely not least, I'm shocked because he said he took two anti-anxiety pills before the awards and was feeling sleepy. Like I said before, South Korea is an extremely perfectionist country. Idols and actors would do a lot of things to cover their flaws, even the smallest things. And here we have Lee Jongsuk admitting he took two anti-anxiety pills on stage, on a major award show, broadcasted live and streamed by viewers around the world. He's really one of a kind, isn't he?

He really doesn't filter himself. He doesn't mind being honest and showing his flaws. He didn't enjoy spotlight much, and would rather escape as fast as he could, even when he's the biggest winner of all that night. 

Why is he so adorable I just can't TT_______________________TT

Sigh.

I do regret starting to be his fan when he's enlisting. My timing is so bad. But then again, better late than never. 

After finishing W, I jump right in to rewatching While You Were Sleeping. It's amazing how in my eyes he morphed so fluidly from the character Kang Chul to Jung Jae Chan. He's really an incredible actor. 

Now that I claim myself to be a fan, I wish to have some of his merchandise. Ah, if only his collaboration with Na Tae Joo has an English version......What I really wish is to buy his season's greetings, since I love to write diaries and they have one diary per year. It's ok even if I have to change all the dates. 

I might pour all this feels to a fanfiction soon, since it's my way to express my feelings when I fangirl really hard, but I still feel not sure of what story to write. 

Either way, I'm really grateful that Lee Jongsuk-ssi exists at all. Thank you for coloring my days with your excellent dramas. May you always be healthy and happy during your enlistment!

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ladylia257 said:

But Lee Jong Suk? He said he's not good in saying great speeches like the other actors and that he was really grateful. His speech was so short that the MC had to stop him from leaving. When he was asked to say something more, since he won the Daesang after all, he said he had two pills to stop him from feeling anxious (obviously legal pills for anxiety or else he wouldn't mention it) and that he was sleepy overall. He only added once more that he was really grateful. I think he also mentioned his fans twice.

This behaviour could be interpreted in various ways, but for me, it's endearing. 

He didn't write or prepare any speeches as if he didn't expect or even think he could win. 

He's unpretentious and was nervous, and couldn't think of anything amazing to say on the spot, therefore he only said he was really grateful. The way he behaved makes me think he wants to escape the stage as fast as possible, because it's nerve-wrecking for him to be there and on the spotlight, in front of so many people focusing on him. 

he has always been open about his anxiety and the fact he dislikes being in a crowd, in fact he very much prefers quiet places. it kind of worried me at the time to hear he took some pills, and i thought he must've done so in order to walk on the red carpet together with han hyojoo (his co-star in W). it is so anxiety inducing for him to the point he avoided it almost in every award ceremony, even with suzy he didn't walk on the red carpet and didn't show himself for it, actually he came later to the awards in order to not get all the attention from the media and i believe he was anxious even there because he wasn't always present (i don't remember, during one of the other actors' speech, one of them thanked him and then pointed out the fact he was absent at that moment but did it anyway). the most amazing thing about his lack of words during his speech in 2016, is that one year later, when he won for while you were sleeping, he learned from it and he decided he didn't want to let people down anymore - since he got heavily criticized for it by knetizens - and he even explained that he didn't know what to say because he felt extremely nervous and he just wanted to get away from the stage, thus this time he tried his best to give a proper speech and i have to say he smacked in the face (:lol:) all those haters that one year earlier judged him without even knowing his reasons and his personality.

We have seen clouds part for the sun.

We have seen rainbows.

We have seen flowers in the morning, covered in dew,

and sunsets so brilliant with fire.

But there's none other that will move you the most

than the sight of his lovely eyes gazing right back at you.

EFL2bbjUcAEqUhU?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 4

Hello, All!

This time I am here to share my feelings after watching While You Were Sleeping for the second time. Like I said before, watched the drama for the first time the year it aired because I like Suzy from Uncontrollaby Fond and Lee Jong Suk in W. 

Was not a fan of him yet, but I already acknowledged his great acting skills. 

Watching it for the second time is more meaningful. Will it be even more meaningful the third time around?

Everytime Jung Jae Chan was in pain, I feel for him as well. It hurt when he got shot. My heart breaks when he held Mr. Choi for the last time. And I am in love with Nam Hong Joo as well.

When watching a drama, the most important for me is the story has to excellent. The second, the actors must have good acting skills for me to finish it. 

Honestly, if Lee Jong Suk has his current acting skills minus his Grecian God looks, I'd still love him. The fact that he's an incredible actor WITH his dream-like appearance makes me have no choice but to be his fan.

He's really, really incredible in his art. It's also obvious with every piece of his work that he loves his job. He's not acting because he wants the money or the fame. He loves acting itself. 

As advised, I watched the SBS Drama Awards acceptance speech and found out that he improved a lot from his previous speech at MBC Drama Awards the year before. He did great, and rather than responding to criticism about him, he seemed to simply wanted to be better as himself and for his fans.

I also have followed the career or many Korean male idols and actors, but it's rare that there are the highly talented ones with such humility as him. 

He said he's thankful for his fans, for making someone so ordinary like him special. It might not be his exact words, yet that's the gist. He's so humble to the point that it's worrying.

May he always be surrounded with good people. A heart that is so good breaks easily. I don't mean to be depressing, just......you know. Nice people are not always treated nicely. 

I will pray that Lee Jong Suk-ssi will always be safe and have people around him with equal good hearts. He seems to know well who he should be close with, so I guess he will be safe. In the future too, may he always be that humble. Because these are the characters of people who reach the stars, so to speak. As in, reaching the best he could ever be. 

In the future, can he act in a historical drama? It will be nice to watch. His roles are always different. However, a historical drama would be entirely different. 

Next, I'm going to embark on his movies. 

Watched his cut in School Ghost, a movie from 2010. His role was small and the movie was obviously a low-budget one. Ah, he really started from the bottom, didn't he? I feel touched when I think that he's now one of the top Korean actors. 

Thank you so much for letting me share my thoughts about him, and see you on my next post.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2