Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

We love you with a love that is more than love.

- reconstructed Edgar Allan Poe quote

You are also having a simultaneous countdown of your own, Mr. Lee?

We love you even more for how sincerely you are expressing

that just how much we miss you...you are missing us too.

EAmSXQPUIAAB8pw?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 8

5 hours ago, ibru said:

:blush::heart::bawling:

碩在2019.7.10的留言
"只要再過540個夜晚 我們就再見面吧..! 要身體健康 過得好!!"

2019.07.10 Lee Jong Suk left a message in Cafe 89 Mansion:

540 more nights until we meet again. Be healthy and be well.
Credit: 花心练习题 Weibo via Dc

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0ds2ehgLRP/

I had a pretty crappy night but seeing this today made me smile. And then it made me cry. I love all of the clever ways he's managed to reach us. It really helps to know he's still there and counting the days like we are. I know he's always talking about wanting us to be happy and healthy and well, but I really hope he is too. He seemed a little bit weary in the months before he left (understandable). I really hope these next 523 days treat him well and that when we finally do meet again, he's happier than ever. There are a lot of things about him that I miss, but I think his smile is what I miss the most.

• Like 7

recommend_171c1ce2ba486527341d4f0b4b28b8d193a542d1.jpg

9 Male Idols/Actors Who will Make You Cry a River with Their Emotional Tears on Cue

You might wonder how their tears feel so real. 

While it's definitely not easy to cry on cue, these 9 male celebrities don't have problems to immerse themselves in their characters and cry in front of the cameras. Their acting looks so real that it makes viewers touched and tear up. Need no further explanation, here are 9 male idols/actors who look just perfect with their crying scene.

Lee Jongsuk

temp_77a28bca791878222d3b68b178a44bcc.jpg

https://www.kstarlive.com/article/2018/09/27/9-Male-Idols-Actors-Who-will-Make-You-Cry-a-River-with-Their-Emotional-Tears-on-Cue-6007715

• Like 7

When I first discovered Jongsuk I remember being blown away by his emotional acting, but also (since I naturally watched everything I could find with him in quick succession) I was a bit concerned. I mean...that is a LOT of heartbreak to go through day in and day out for your day job! I was very relieved to find out that he also has his funny, aegyo side, that he plays with his dogs and sometimes (I think, anyway) also plays fun cryptic games online with his fans. (Such as cryptic posts or these days, mysterious unsigned messages all over.) To be able to reduce yourself to complete heartbreak like that at the drop of a hat is no small trick! Just...in real life, Sukkie, please, please be happier than some of your characters! Be more like Cha Eun Ho than Go Nam Soon. :) (I do think he is.)

• Like 8

2 hours ago, frozentundra said:

When I first discovered Jongsuk I remember being blown away by his emotional acting, but also (since I naturally watched everything I could find with him in quick succession) I was a bit concerned. I mean...that is a LOT of heartbreak to go through day in and day out for your day job! I was very relieved to find out that he also has his funny, aegyo side, that he plays with his dogs and sometimes (I think, anyway) also plays fun cryptic games online with his fans. (Such as cryptic posts or these days, mysterious unsigned messages all over.) To be able to reduce yourself to complete heartbreak like that at the drop of a hat is no small trick! Just...in real life, Sukkie, please, please be happier than some of your characters! Be more like Cha Eun Ho than Go Nam Soon. :) (I do think he is.)

I totally agree with everything you said.

I was very concerned for his emotional well-being after seeing the making of WYWS. The directors cut showed him filming the scene where Choi was dying in his arms and after they yelled cut, he was still sobbing and couldn't calm himself down. That scene is heartbreaking as it is... but since he really was sobbing, that means he forced himself to live it. I can't imagine how that messes with a person over time. And sometimes the things he says in interviews add to that concern. He's been very candid about depression, loneliness, and his pursuit of happiness. That's why I mentioned his concern for us the other day and how I hope he's ok too. I can't decide if I think his messages are playful and a good sign that he's doing well or if they're a sign that he's struggling and it's getting harder for him to stay away. Perhap all of the above, huh? 

All that said, I do think JS is pretty well-rounded. I just think he does everything with passion. He loves hard, cries hard, and puts his all into everything he does. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I have never met him, nor do I live inside his head, but when I compare him to what he was like during say, School 2013 (and his attitude about himself) compared to now, I would say he is many times happier now. I think he actually is playful, but also quite internally driven. I think he's a perfectionist with himself but also generous to others. He's someone who confronts his weaknesses, not to wallow, but to set out to improve on them. (Look at his progress with public speaking over time, for example.) I know what you mean about that WYWS scene, though. Did you ever see the bts of the scene in W where he shows up to confront the cartoonist? It was the same, he was crying and had snot coming out his nose and had to calm down for a moment after they called cut. I agree with what you said here: 

35 minutes ago, hilllllllly said:

All that said, I do think JS is pretty well-rounded. I just think he does everything with passion. He loves hard, cries hard, and puts his all into everything he does. 

It's one of his charms, he just wears his heart on his sleeve and goes all out for everything he does.

In interviews, I think that he has multiple things going on inside his head. Again, this is just my observation and interpretation. But I think perhaps he's hard on himself because he doesn't want to get arrogant. He wants to keep growing, not stagnate. He's really driven to improve and do better, and so he's less interested in sitting around on his laurels and more concerned about how to level up. He is hard on himself, but at the same time, he isn't just whimpering in the corner. He has a proven track record of setting goals and meeting them, one way or another, and things that happen as a surprise to the public have usually been long in the making. He's both hard on himself, but also confident and determined.

As for loneliness, I have many times observed him to be quite happy compared to a number of years ago. I do think it can be a bit lonely when you are in his particular line of work--there is a very large price to pay for fame, and it limits your freedom sometimes, and people judge you unfairly, and there probably are not that many people that he can relax around without feeling like he has to be on display. It's part of the job, but it can make you lonely. Also, going into the army and cutting off IG cold turkey is probably a bit of a shock, lol. He has to adjust to a completely different lifestyle, and there's some culture shock with that, I expect. And thirdly, I notice that in some recent interviews he's tried to explain the difference between love for fans and a relationship with one person, and how the fan love can never fill that second slot. Again, I'm not in his head, but my interpretation of that is that he values his relationship with fans but he also someday hopes fans will support him in his personal life in a relationship with just one person. Obviously he is not going to do this TOMORROW, cause hello, military, etc. But someday, he would like to get married, he has said that many times. If he's smart, he will keep his private life and any such relationships private for as long as possible. But at that day, whenever it is, whoever it's with, I'm sure he'd like to know that fans support him. 

Again, I don't know him personally, and I'm not inside his head. It's just my observation from being a fan for some time now, watching him grow and change and continually become a better version of himself. Others may have a completely different interpretation, and that's fine, we can still be friends. :) I think he does love and miss the fans, and I think the army is an adjustment (for anyone it's an adjustment!). But I think that he is going to come back stronger than ever, and I think there are many happy things in store, both for Jong Suk ssi as well as for us fans watching and cheering from home. :) 

In all endeavors, Jong Suk fighting!

• Like 4
  • Love 4

23 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

I know what you mean about that WYWS scene, though. Did you ever see the bts of the scene in W where he shows up to confront the cartoonist? It was the same, he was crying and had snot coming out his nose and had to calm down for a moment after they called cut.

Yes, I saw that too! I've found it really eye-opening that his strength doesn't only lie in acting but also in becoming his character. I think some people are really good at faking real emotion and others are really good at duplicating real emotion. All actors have to do their fair share of both, but I think JS is so successful and good at what he does because he becomes the character he's playing.

23 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

In interviews, I think that he has multiple things going on inside his head. Again, this is just my observation and interpretation. But I think perhaps he's hard on himself because he doesn't want to get arrogant. He wants to keep growing, not stagnate. He's really driven to improve and do better, and so he's less interested in sitting around on his laurels and more concerned about how to level up. He is hard on himself, but at the same time, he isn't just whimpering in the corner. He has a proven track record of setting goals and meeting them, one way or another, and things that happen as a surprise to the public have usually been long in the making. He's both hard on himself, but also confident and determined.

He said once that he's hard on himself because he's confident that he can do better. I do think he's a perfectionist and his best will never be good enough, but that's the mindset of someone who will always improve. And that proven track record is no joke. When you can watch an interview of him in 2013 stating that he wants to play a psychopath (VIP), star in a romantic drama with Lee Na Young (Bonus Book), and loves coffee so much that he'd want to own a cafe (89 Mansion) all in a minute of each other... it's easy to see that he is going to get what he wants. It's just a matter of time. 

I will say that a personal setback for me in terms of his interviews is the language barrier. I'm a grammar nerd who oftens observes each and every word of a sentence to get as much out of it as possible. Whether I can't get my hands on the entire interview, it's not translated perfectly, or it's not translated at all, I do yearn for the day I'm good enough at Korean to fully digest every word he says for all that it's worth. In the meantime, I'm eternally grateful to those who put so much effort into translating for us.

38 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

But someday, he would like to get married, he has said that many times. If he's smart, he will keep his private life and any such relationships private for as long as possible. But at that day, whenever it is, whoever it's with, I'm sure he'd like to know that fans support him. 

I do worry about that for a multitude of reasons. I won't list them all, but whether it be his career or his relationship that would suffer, I hope his love for us and his desire to be as honest as possible doesn't complicate things. He said something recently that I could've gotten wrong, but it sounded like he came to the realization that marrying the right person at the right time is more important than the rush to be married. Also that he needs to be in a good place himself. I hope all of those things fall into place at exactly the right time because I really do want him to have it all.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

In case, you are already reading this, don't faint yet. Lets wait for an official statement (if there is going to be one). We can only be happy for him if it's true! :)

Posted by sl278 AKP STAFF  1 hour ago

BREAKING

Lee Jong Suk revealed to be dating former Hello Venus member Nara

AKP STAFF

breakingjpg.jpg

Lee Jong Suk and former Hello Venus member Nara are dating.

According to an exclusive report by NewsIs, the two met while Nara was still a Hello Venus member, and Lee Jong Suk apparently directly contacted her and helped her sign to his own label, A Man Project

An insider relayed that "The head of A Man Project is Lee Jong Suk. He takes care of all of Kwon Nara's schedules. After her contract with Fantagio ended, he spent a lot of time on her career."

The two apparently were seen on dates, and Nara was often seen at Lee Jong Suk's cafe 89 Mansion. Nara is apparently Lee Jong Suk's type, with her tall height and good looks that led her to be called a 'Bundang's Lee Na Young." Lee Jong Suk is known to be a huge fan of Lee Na Young, who he worked together with in the past. Although he has been serving in the military since this past March, the two have been meeting frequently as Nara goes to visit him.

Another insider stated that Lee Jong Suk was the one to become interested in Nara first and that she became known as "Lee Jong Suk's girl" and often received presents from him.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

https://www.soompi.com/article/1342642wpp/lee-jong-suk-and-kwon-nara-reportedly-dating-agency-gives-brief-response

Update: Agency Denies That Lee Jong Suk And Kwon Nara Are Dating

Jul 31, 2019
by C. Hong

Updated August 1 8 a.m. KST: 

A few hours after Newsis’s exclusive report, a source from A-MAN project denied the dating rumors between Lee Jong Suk and Kwon Nara.

The source said, “The report released today about them dating is false. They only have a close senior-junior relationship.”

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, hilllllllly said:

I do worry about that for a multitude of reasons. I won't list them all, but whether it be his career or his relationship that would suffer, I hope his love for us and his desire to be as honest as possible doesn't complicate things. He said something recently that I could've gotten wrong, but it sounded like he came to the realization that marrying the right person at the right time is more important than the rush to be married. Also that he needs to be in a good place himself. I hope all of those things fall into place at exactly the right time because I really do want him to have it all.

I am quite sure he can figure this out. He has spent a looooooong time thinking of this topic, lol. He just needs to get this military thing behind him, and then he can get on with the rest of his life, both personal and professional.

Also, although the rumor was false, it was interesting to see people's responses. I think that it would not damage his career too much if he dated someone. People who are his fans just want to see him happy. And people like Ji Sung manage to be married and still create lovely drama after lovely drama. I think he has enough good examples that he would be able to balance it.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

Also, although the rumor was false, it was interesting to see people's responses. I think that it would not damage his career too much if he dated someone. People who are his fans just want to see him happy. And people like Ji Sung manage to be married and still create lovely drama after lovely drama. I think he has enough good examples that he would be able to balance it.

I respect the denial, but I do worry what it means for the relationship if there was some truth to it. I know there are dating rumors that are true but denied because they aren't serious enough to confirm. I'd hate to think a rumor could ruin something he was hoping to keep on the downlow. Once again, not saying that's the case, but it's just common sense that if you're casually dating someone and unsure of your future with them, you'd deny if reports like this were to surface. 

I also hope this denial isn't going to encourage the originators or other paparazzi types to find where he is and eavesdrop. I don't want anything interfering with his military service or the opinion officials have of him. I really wouldn't want him to be accused of starting the rumor himself for publicity while he's away.

Call me a pessimist, but I just want the best for him.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

If we are to search for a quote that will put into words how much we love this man...we will never find it.

We can learn every language and read every word ever written but we will never find it.

How can we? Heaven is yet to come up with it.

EA1_c_SUYAAa7DX?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, lanieqp said:

If we are to search for a quote that will put into words how much we love this man...we will never find it.

We can learn every language and read every word ever written but we will never find it.

How can we? Heaven is yet to come up with it.

not fainting yet .. hahahhaha!  Mr Lee knows what he is doing!   And he is doing fine!  
Great quote @lanieqp   Indescribable .. you can only feel, beyond words
Keep it up, Chingu!  :heart:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1