Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

2018.10.16 LeeJongSuk at Alexander McQueen Event in Seoul

Alexander McQueen' photo call ceremony.

In the afternoon of the 16th, 'Alexander McQueen' 2018 F/W collection exhibition and party event was held at Layer 57 in Seongdong-gu, Seoul. Actor Lee JongSuk is posing at the party - a glittering visual.

Via: [liveen TV] YT

• Like 5

center

http://www.thebigdata.co.kr/view.php?ud=20181016220556279482b2d7606_23

center

http://www.thebigdata.co.kr/view.php?ud=20181016220417220482b2d7606_23

Dpolx7RU0AIDxEE.jpg

Thank you very much to Alexander McQueen Event for giving us a chance to see Jong Suk in full "MAN PROJECT" :kiss_wink::thumbsup::relaxed:

2018.10.16 LeeJongSuk at Alexander McQueen Event in Seoul

Credit as tagged

• Like 5

42948809_568486760265587_434143893353493

Oh my lord... :wub: button your shirt up! :D

I actually don't get it. What's with putting up your agency? Was it like in the KBS drama The Producers? There, IU's character got dropped by her agency so she started a one-man agency. Just her and the driver-road manager. What's the difference? 

And saw these 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, _gillianne19_ said:

I actually don't get it. What's with putting up your agency? Was it like in the KBS drama The Producers? There, IU's character got dropped by her agency so she started a one-man agency. Just her and the driver-road manager. What's the difference?

No one got dropped by the agency. Contracts with agencies aren't indefinite. They are for a specific period of time (such as three years). When the contract ends, the actor can decide whether to re-sign for another term, or go elsewhere. Jongsuk did three years with YG and then decided he wanted to open his own agency. He made a short-term agreement to partnership with YNK (using them as a mentor, I assume) while he got his own agency up and running. Now it is running independently, and meanwhile his short term contract with YNK is over. There is nothing weird about it at all (except for maybe the way tabloids are trying to report it?). He went from being an actor wholly dependent on an agency, to being an actor who owns an agency. Other agencies are actor-owned as well. (BH Entertainment, for one example). Opening his own agency and signing clients should actually be a yay, Jongsuk! moment, not the whisper-whisper-something's-wrong rumor these tabloids are trying to invent. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

No one got dropped by the agency. Contracts with agencies aren't indefinite. They are for a specific period of time (such as three years). When the contract ends, the actor can decide whether to re-sign for another term, or go elsewhere. Jongsuk did three years with YG and then decided he wanted to open his own agency. He made a short-term agreement to partnership with YNK (using them as a mentor, I assume) while he got his own agency up and running. Now it is running independently, and meanwhile his short term contract with YNK is over. There is nothing weird about it at all (except for maybe the way tabloids are trying to report it?). He went from being an actor wholly dependent on an agency, to being an actor who owns an agency. Other agencies are actor-owned as well. (BH Entertainment, for one example). Opening his own agency and signing clients should actually be a yay, Jongsuk! moment, not the whisper-whisper-something's-wrong rumor these tabloids are trying to invent. 

I quite remember few parts of The Producers I can't remember exactly what happened to the IU's character and am just curious about the one-man agency I encountered there. I also remember On Air, there are few dramas tackling about management agencies. Anyway, hope that his agency does well.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, _gillianne19_ said:

I quite remember few parts of The Producers I can't remember exactly what happened to the IU's character and am just curious about the one-man agency I encountered there. I also remember On Air, there are few dramas tackling about management agencies. Anyway, hope that his agency does well.  

I hope it does well, too. They are already fully staffed (at least one person followed him over from YNK to work at his agency), and have signed their first client. The guy's an actor, but he has a business head, too. He's had a couple of clothing lines and his cafe finished its first year in the black (NOT normal for a startup company). I think it will do well.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, frozentundra said:

I hope it does well, too. They are already fully staffed (at least one person followed him over from YNK to work at his agency), and have signed their first client. The guy's an actor, but he has a business head, too. He's had a couple of clothing lines and his cafe finished its first year in the black (NOT normal for a startup company). I think it will do well.

Frozi, what does it mean "finished its first year in the black"?

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, ibru said:

Frozi, what does it mean "finished its first year in the black"?

I can't remember where I read it now, but if I recall correctly, they were making a profit. (Which is written in black, as opposed to not breaking even, which would put them "in the red.") I am umm...not an expert in business, but from what I understand, most startup businesses lose money before they make it. It might take a couple years to start making a profit. He started it for fun, to fulfill a dream, but it turns out it's doing well. (Or was the last time I read about it.) 

And speaking of business, today without warning, Drama Fever shut down. They were acquired by Warner Brothers/ATT, who decided they didn't want to spend the money on it, and without warning, just completely stopped streaming dramas. Which is super annoying if you were in the middle of one and Viki doesn't carry it. (I know, Soompi is owned by Viki, but for licensing, they were often complementary instead of competing, with licensing going back and forth between the two for different shows.) They had exclusive rights to stream Goblin and Terius Behind Me, for example, and now...nothing. Supposedly it got expensive, but the subscription price was pretty cheap, and I think people would rather pay a little more to keep the service than just dump it altogether.

I think Viki carries most of JS's shows. Let's hope they continue to do so. (But--sniff--DF was the only one who had High Kick.)

(Sorry, I know we are worldwide here, and I don't know how many people it affects. But it's quite sad.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

235859_287562_3349.jpg

http://www.liveen.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=235859

[LIVE Photo] Lee Jong Suk, sculpture is walking ...

9b6d74dbe6c94146a5da92a2c391925a.jpg

[LIVE Photo] Lee Jong Suk, Fluorescent Visual Shine

http://www.liveen.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=235858

d08e9bf1e4ea13b0eed5c986bdee2f8d.jpg

[LIVE Photo] Lee Jong-Suk, a man more beautiful than a rose

http://www.liveen.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=235856

2018.10.16 LeeJongSuk at McQueen Event in Seoul

• Like 6

Thanks @frozentundra for the update on DF and Viki.  

And @ibru  I truly love your captions ... just to re-cap the few below --  Jong Suk -ssi truly shined yesterday at the AM F/W Collection Event

Lee Jong Suk, sculpture is walking ...

Lee Jong Suk, Fluorescent Visual Shine

Lee Jong-Suk, a man more beautiful than a rose

Lee Jong Suk, Three buttons are basic

Lee Jong Suk, the A-"Man" amongst the roses , slaying us with his gaze and moves

... and there are not enough words to describe him  :heart:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1