Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

Yeah, I think he filmed The Face Reader and School 2013 at the same time, then less than 6 months later he filmed I Hear Your Voice and No Breathing at the same time. Then right after those finished, he started Hot Young Bloods. He has been incredibly busy before.

I know a lot of people are telling him to take it easy, but we should also cheer him on if he wants to stay busy. He's probably been dying to act after all this time! So long as he's taking care of himself and having fun, I am happy to see him with a busy schedule.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hilllllllly said:

So... second half of the year means anywhere between July-December. I read on the dc forums that Decibel is either starting to film or is about to start and they're speculating whether Jongsuk took that role or declined. Nobody seems to know for sure if we definitely would have gotten confirmation or some news of him turning it down. I mean, we got neither... so does that mean it's possible that he's also going to be filming Decibel before he films whatever drama he chooses? If they start filming now, they'll probably wrap up in July which is just in time for the second half of the year. I don't want him to work himself to death, but it would be very exciting for us if he signed up for another project between now and when this drama begins. 

i've seen korean fans talk about this in DC as well, but i couldn't figure out which movie they were referring to, or if they were referring to the drama. silly me! i didn't think of decibel.

some said that it often happens with movies (it's rare with dramas), filming can begin even without confirmation that he took the role. we saw that happen for the witch 2 too, after all.

22 April 2021  Lee Jong Suk for L'Oréal Paris - slow mo version ctto
Vid source : https://m.weibo.cn/1732472555/4628710500861149

Paris L'Oreal Update

He was discharged from the army and still looks as young as a teenager.
He is a “big” star who’s characters are deeply rooted in people’s hearts.

He joined hands with the new #3rdGeneration L'Oreal Black Essence 10 years after his debut & together they’ll return with a brand new image

The Return of the King!
Guess who he is?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

the original video.

is this going to be a global collaboration? or only in korea/china? i've seen other actors be global ambassadors for luxury brands before (dior, chanel, i.e.). nevertheless, this is a huge thing! i'm happy for him and so excited to see the rest!

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, hilllllllly said:

Yeah, I think he filmed The Face Reader and School 2013 at the same time, then less than 6 months later he filmed I Hear Your Voice and No Breathing at the same time. Then right after those finished, he started Hot Young Bloods. He has been incredibly busy before.

I know a lot of people are telling him to take it easy, but we should also cheer him on if he wants to stay busy. He's probably been dying to act after all this time! So long as he's taking care of himself and having fun, I am happy to see him with a busy schedule.

Totally with you here @hilllllllly on the buzzing excitement when it comes to Jong Suk's return to dramaland, irrespective whether he is taking the role (which I hope he would ,considering the legal thriller, involving power struggles, scams, frauds, set-ups - something new to him, filled with suspense). 

What impressed me further that he has been working non-stop since his discharge. Love how he strategize his comeback!   I am so grateful.

We fans are so blessed that we get to see him, like practically every month, be it in digital forms or printed.  I know back then in 2013-15, he was working on several projects in one year.   It appears he is doing the same, even harder.   Praying that he has enough rests in between projects. 

9 hours ago, jongkkot said:

i've seen korean fans talk about this in DC as well, but i couldn't figure out which movie they were referring to, or if they were referring to the drama. silly me! i didn't think of decibel.

some said that it often happens with movies (it's rare with dramas), filming can begin even without confirmation that he took the role. we saw that happen for the witch 2 too, after all.

The Decibel project is with Kim Rae Won, right?  something to do with the bomb.   Seems to have quite big and important casts involved , yet it is so wrapped-up in silence. 

Thanks @jongkkot for adding the ori clip of L'Oreal - I too was wondering why it came from Weibo.    The one I posted was an edited slow-mo version, credit to the owner.

• Like 5

So, it looks like Jongsuk might be filming another movie right now... ??? 

viewimage.php?no=24b0d769e1d32ca73cec81f

viewimage.php?no=24b0d769e1d32ca73cec81f

A fan from the dc forum posted pictures of a banner for the movie Decibel that says, "We ask for your cooperation during the filming period." I'm really not good at translating Korean on social media since they have so many slang terms and different ways of writing things, but from what I could make out, they said they are filming in a pretty quiet area and hinted to the fact that Jongsuk is starring in it, but kept saying they couldn't give spoilers. The comment section also insinuates the same thing. Everyone seems to be impressed by how hard he's working and questioning why we never got an article confirming his role. 

Maybe someone else can do a better job translating what was said? I might be wrong and they could still be speculating.

• Like 5

Yes, this is a filming site for Decibel, it says so on the banner. I feel it's extremely likely that JS said yes to this one. There's time for him to shoot this RIGHT NOW and then do Big Mouth. At least two or three of the articles I read the other day about Big Mouth mentioned Decibel as if it was a given. (Even if we never heard official confirmation.) 

Wow, three projects in one year, nice!

• Like 5

thanks for sharing, @hilllllllly!

yes, OP is talking about how they stumbled on the filming set by chance, someone told them access isn't allowed there, they asked a staff member who the main character is, if lee jongsuk and kim raewon are the main ones, and they asked why there's no article about confirmation. that staff member told them there was an article, he/she answered in an assertive, firm way (:huh:) and he/she said that jongsuk said yes to the role and asked OP to not give spoilers.

p.s.: that emoji in the parentheses doesn't mean i'm not sure about the translation. i'm confused about that staff member giving such a reply because i never saw an official article about him confirming the role, but that's what he/she said for sure, according to OP.

Thanks for the more detailed translation, @jongkkot! I was too afraid to translate the whole thing because casual internet speak in Korean intimidates me for some reason. I'm glad I didn't get it completely wrong and we're all on the same page. 

I feel like this year has been such a wild ride, mostly due to either a lack of communication or misinterpretations between us and the press. It started when we thought he'd be getting out of the military in December, then thinking his role in The Witch 2 was just a quick cameo. Now it seems like there is a lack of confirmation about his role in Decibel. It makes me feel bad for Jongsuk because he has done such an amazing job picking projects, magazines, and advertisements, but we are often in the dark and have no idea there is something to celebrate and anticipate until much later. 

So if he's filming Decibel now, I wonder what the likelihood is that his hair is still long...? I know most people on this forum voted that he looks better with short hair, but there are going to be a lot of tears if/when the long hair is gone, especially so soon. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, hilllllllly said:

Thanks for the more detailed translation, @jongkkot! I was too afraid to translate the whole thing because casual internet speak in Korean intimidates me for some reason. I'm glad I didn't get it completely wrong and we're all on the same page. 

I feel like this year has been such a wild ride, mostly due to either a lack of communication or misinterpretations between us and the press. It started when we thought he'd be getting out of the military in December, then thinking his role in The Witch 2 was just a quick cameo. Now it seems like there is a lack of confirmation about his role in Decibel. It makes me feel bad for Jongsuk because he has done such an amazing job picking projects, magazines, and advertisements, but we are often in the dark and have no idea there is something to celebrate and anticipate until much later. 

So if he's filming Decibel now, I wonder what the likelihood is that his hair is still long...? I know most people on this forum voted that he looks better with short hair, but there are going to be a lot of tears if/when the long hair is gone, especially so soon. :sweatingbullets:

and it's hard to know what his current state is if he doesn't share recent pictures of himself. before the current situation with the pandemic, we would have some fansites take pictures of him, even though i can't imagine that happen now regardless, because he hasn't been in a public event since his discharge, or seen in public in general. we can only count on him to update us about his hair. i wonder why he hasn't been posting as much...? is it really because he's busy? when he filmed VIP, it's true we weren't given spoilers about it either, but he did share some selfies while on set anyway. i wonder why this time the co-actors did it and he didn't, not even once.

2 hours ago, jongkkot said:

thanks for sharing, @hilllllllly!

yes, OP is talking about how they stumbled on the filming set by chance, someone told them access isn't allowed there, they asked a staff member who the main character is, if lee jongsuk and kim raewon are the main ones, and they asked why there's no article about confirmation. that staff member told them there was an article, he/she answered in an assertive, firm way (:huh:) and he/she said that jongsuk said yes to the role and asked OP to not give spoilers.

Thanks for sharing the banner pic on the movie Decibel @hilllllllly and to you @jongkkot on the ?confirmation.   
Well @frozentundra  JS is working so hard like a cow - now we know he is doing 3 projects this year- we will get to see Witch2 soon, wonder when the other two.

:doggie:

• Like 5

Is this name change the same as 이종석 --> 이종서? (Lee Jong Suk --> Lee Jong S(e)o, as in Cow)

I've seen other films go quietly into production without a big fanfare. I think they just want to shoot without spoilers. 

But yeah...is Grandma going to be in Decibel? :D Or has he whacked it all off by now? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, jongkkot said:

i wonder why he hasn't been posting as much...? is it really because he's busy? when he filmed VIP, it's true we weren't given spoilers about it either, but he did share some selfies while on set anyway. i wonder why this time the co-actors did it and he didn't, not even once.

Well, he kind of did. I forgot to mention this at the time, but I believe the pictures posted by his cast members right before filming wrapped confirm that he took this picture while filming The Witch 2. The outfits aren't identical, but very, very similar. I assumed it may have been from when he was on set at the time, but now I'm 99% positive. 

5qT96CFaofwsP13_FlWNOKcUXZjELPy1vVWeausc

(Link to picture if it doesn't show up: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLbTiZzH8Zh/)

I also wondered why he hasn't been as talkative as he was. I've noticed a trend with him that when he's filming movies, he goes quiet. I noticed it when he was filming The Witch 2, and now that he's filming Decibel, it's more of the same. When he was in Seoul and taking time off from filming, we'd get those fencing videos or just random pictures here or there. But as soon as he got to Jeju (aside from that one time in the hotel room pictures), he would kind of shut down. I wonder if it's a new rule because of covid. They are very cautious about who is allowed on set and the gathering of crowds. The less people who know the filming location, the better. I'm sure there are examples of other actors who share anyway, or have found safer ways, but I'm sure that's part of the reason. 

Part of me wonders if he did cut his hair and he's afraid of the reaction, given how well received his long hair was. :lol::sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, frozentundra said:

Is this name change the same as 이종석 --> 이종서? (Lee Jong Suk --> Lee Jong S(e)o, as in Cow)

I've seen other films go quietly into production without a big fanfare. I think they just want to shoot without spoilers. 

But yeah...is Grandma going to be in Decibel? :D Or has he whacked it all off by now? 

i know less than nothing about chinese, but i can tell the characters are different from before. the bottom one seems to be the new one though, i got confused. :sweatingbullets:

edit to add: @hilllllllly, it's a relief though, that we (international fans) are not the only ones confused about the lack of confirmation for the movie. it means even korean fans had problems understanding if he accepted or not. so i'm starting to believe there was a lack of communication in releasing the news, rather than in the articles themselves. it never seemed clear to me if he accepted or not, and apparently korean fans think the same. or now when we see "he got offered this" without the "he's considering it" shall we take it as "he took the role"?

(just remembered the articles did say "he's positively considering" about decibel. am i wrong? so never mind my last statement. ^_^)

Edited by Guest