Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

4 minutes ago, jongkkot said:

@frozentundra you gave me a heart attack, at first glance i thought it was a news article. LOL :crazily:

:D Well, someone appearing out of thin air WOULD be cause for a heart attack, lol. But seriously--I am sure that at some point we will definitely see people spotting him. Or he will show up and post. Or something. It's coming!

• Like 4

EqivXM3VkAAd2Ye?format=jpg&name=900x900Everyone is waiting for him, the hashtag #WelcomeBackLeeJongSuk is trending everywhere including Weibo 

Welcome project from withJS

Spoiler

Eqi_yd8XEAUfgEF?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively within 1 hour, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 7

We met again in the season when the moon is very beautiful
You are the most beautiful person
Lee Jong Suk

달이 참 아름다운 계절에 다시 만난
가장 아름다운 사람
이종석

月が とても 美しい季節に また出逢えた
いちばん 美しい人 イジョンソク

月亮最美的时节
重逢最美的你
李钟硕

Eqk4eHsW8AMJyMf?format=jpg&name=largecr 

cr https://twitter.com/Cooky_low/status/ 1344668067935215616

#heiscoming

• Like 7

So what I'm gathering from everything that has gone on is that January 2nd is still his technical discharge date but December 31st is when he went to work for the last time since the 1st is a holiday and the 2nd is on the weekend. So he's technically no longer working as a public service worker, but hasn't reached the end of his enlistment yet.

I say this for a few reasons. One being that December 31st was a date that almost all Korean fans started counting down from well before a-man and media outlets mentioned it. Nobody ever suggested that his date was moved up from the original. More than that, the Korean media hasn't acknowledged that he's officially discharged despite keep an eye on him. I also don't see any Korean fans confused or wondering where he is, as if they know he still has to stand back for another day and some. This leads me to believe the December 31st date is a technicality and doesn't apply to when he's officially allowed back in the public eye. The language/cultural barriers probably just gave some of us the wrong idea.

• Like 6

The agency did mention Dec 31 recently, but my guess is that it's like you said, @hilllllllly. That today is his last work day in practicality, due to holiday and weekend falling on his last days of official service. So even if Military Manpower or whatever haven't put their final stamp on things yet...for all practical purposes, he's done.

Still, you have to admit--considering his face is many times life size in train stations and on the video walls of whole buildings...it's a pretty good trick to not be seen by anyone!

I feel like the Esquire interview will be pretty soon, though. That will be fun. :) 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, frozentundra said:

Still, you have to admit--considering his face is many times life size in train stations and on the video walls of whole buildings...it's a pretty good trick to not be seen by anyone!

Well, that's a trick he's accomplished for the entirety of 2 years, minus once or twice when the paparazzi and a few fans spotted him. Considering he's so tall and recognizable, I'm glad he has his ways of living his life without being seen.

To me, it isn't a question of whether he's allowed to keep to himself. Of course he should have the freedom to do what he wants, but considering how restless he was to have communication with us all this time and how many jobs he booked before he was even discharged, it's pretty unlikely that he's just choosing to stay away from us now. Whether he has plans to greet us in a very particular way and time will reveal what that is or if he simply just hasn't been given the freedom to reach out out, I think it's safe to assume from his own actions and words that he's excited to be back and has big plans. 

4 hours ago, frozentundra said:

I feel like the Esquire interview will be pretty soon, though. That will be fun.

I've been wondering if he's planned to have the Esquire photoshoot, article, and YT interview done by January 2nd since the typical way of greeting fans isn't possible... or maybe just the interview if all of it is too much. I've been curious about that ever since they asked for our questions before he was even discharged. Jongsuk's last day falling on the weekend after a holiday during covid has made the typical protocol nearly impossible. They would usually finish their last day at work, be greeted by fans/press, and then thank fans for waiting via social media. Obviously, that can't happen, so what if he's already hard at work to create a special discharge day with Esquire? Then the ice would be broken in the best possible way and he would be free to continue the conversation on IG like he always has. Not that I'm getting my hopes up because I'm sure however he does it will be great, but he's been known to pull off some pretty awesome surprises in the past. 

Edited: I just checked how long between asking questions and releasing the interviews it takes Esquire Korea and they are all done pretty far in advance, so my theory probably won’t happen. I guess we just have to take a step back and see what happens. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, hilllllllly said:

So what I'm gathering from everything that has gone on is that January 2nd is still his technical discharge date but December 31st is when he went to work for the last time since the 1st is a holiday and the 2nd is on the weekend. So he's technically no longer working as a public service worker, but hasn't reached the end of his enlistment yet.

It's okay, we will wait :blush:   Surprise us Jong Suk, as always, please do

https://twitter.com/vii_pallavi/status/ 1344882707877117958

https://twitter.com/ o0rur0o

• Like 5

Lee Jong Suk to be discharged from military later today

1609551073-20210101-ljs.jpg

He has been serving as a social worker since March 8th, 2019, because he was not cleared for active duty due to the car accident he had back when he was 16. As soon as he's discharged today, he'll be getting straight to work by filming a special appearance on 'Witch 2'. Originally, he was going to be on 'Witch', but could not because of his enlistment.

Welcome back, Lee Jong Suk.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/01/lee-jong-suk-to-be-discharged-from-military-later-today

EqrTs6vVQAA4PYs?format=jpg&name=large

EqrTs6vVgAE6aiL?format=jpg&name=large

https://www.news1.kr/amp/articles/?4167594&4167594=&__twitter_impression=true

via 

https://mobile.twitter.com/leejongsukkky/status/1345120213746872320

• Like 5
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2