Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

Thanks for the post @jongkkot  Am so happy for the surprise New Year gift from Jong Suk.  As if he could read our minds which he kindly grants us the interview with Esquire Korea.     He must have been thinking and planning what to share with us fans even before he is out.   So considerate and thoughtful of him.    Really a beautiful person with great foresight!  :D

5 hours ago, Eliza Marlowe said:

When he will be back? How many days left. I'm so excited! I heard that he already received many casting offers (as expected). I'm sure he would choose the best one. 

Hi @Eliza Marlowe  Jong Suk is expected to be discharged on 31 Dec 2020, as reported. 

• Like 6

what better way to do it than to let fans ask him questions, am i right? we'll all get to know what we're the most curious about if the question gets picked. it's a clever decision, it makes up for the time he's been away, for me. i'm just so happy! :D 

all the questions i've seen in the comments are great and interesting ones. i always liked that jongsuk opens up so much to us, nothing seems to have changed.

i hope esquire's team gives him the chance to read each question before selecting them, they should allow him to choose which ones he's comfortable with instead of doing it for him.

This Esquire interview is one of the things I've been looking most forward to and I'm excited to see it happening so quickly! In the years he's been away, most magazines and other media sources like Netflix have become very active on YouTube and as a result, we are getting a lot more content from actors and actresses. I remember the very first video of stars from a Korean drama playing Jenga on Netflix's YT account being uploaded a month before he enlisted. Since then, those videos have become a staple for any Korean drama on Netflix. Magazines have all seemed to adopt similar formats where they play games and do interviews with the people doing photoshoots for their covers.

In Jongsuk's entire career, I don't believe we've ever seen him sit in one spot for 7-12 minutes straight, answering questions from the fans without interruption (aside from maybe director's cut DVD features). Pre-social media days gave us 1 minute of highly edited footage from a photoshoot or an interview very highly dominated by the host, edited down to only 3 minutes at most with a lot of stock footage from dramas we've all seen. It will be more than a little exciting to see Jongsuk shine without manipulation of editing or such a crazy time restraint. And it always includes english subtitles!   

For anyone who hasn't seen these particular interviews, I recommend going to Esquire Korea's YouTube page and looking for other videos in their other 댓글 인터뷰 series. They are pretty lengthy, in depth, and uninterrupted. 

• Like 8

I also am super excited about this interview! I couldn't just think of one question, I have so many, lol. But in scanning the questions people were leaving, it looks like many people have similar questions, so most of them should hopefully get addressed. I want to know what his military service was like, how he dealt with the pandemic in all of that, what he's been reading and watching that he wants to recommend, what kind of projects he's looking to do now, and what his future life plans are. Well, all of it. Anything he wants to say to fans, big or small. I'm just really looking forward to this!

Thanks for the link, @hilllllllly, I'm going to check it out and see what kind of thing we can look forward to. :)

• Like 5

cr jongsukglobal

10 hours ago, hilllllllly said:

For anyone who hasn't seen these particular interviews, I recommend going to Esquire Korea's YouTube page and looking for other videos in their other 댓글 인터뷰 series. They are pretty lengthy, in depth, and uninterrupted. 

Thanks @hilllllllly for the link.  I have seen the Jenga stars on Netflix. I like the Q&A session though it was no so personal but that makes us smile.  Just saw a few from the link you shared, now this is interesting!  I like the uninterrupted and personalized format as mentioned by you.  We get to see the celeb up close , hopefully it will be as long as 7 to 8 minutes (I went to the popular upload session and saw timing ranges between 4 - 8 min).   And yes, it has Eng Sub.   Now, I wonder when will they release it.   

Oh me gosh - 2 more days to 31st Dec.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, kembie said:

... hopefully it will be as long as 7 to 8 minutes (I went to the popular upload session and saw timing ranges between 4 - 8 min).

I just checked out all of the 댓글 인터뷰 videos (they have a few other series but this is the one he'll be doing) and the shortest video was 3 minutes (though that was one of the first) and the longest was about 12 minutes. With Jongsuk, it could really go either way depending on his mood and comfort level. He could talk alot or he could get nervous and give short answers. Either way, I think they're aware he's been missed like crazy and will make the episode as long as possible.

The good news is that if he does a shoot with Vogue anytime soon, they have a series similar to this where an AI robot asks questions for 5 to 10 minutes. They also have other series on their YT channel as well. Like I said before, it's become a very popular thing in the last 2 years to include internet content of whoever companies/magazines work with, so we have a lot of opportunities to see Jongsuk in new and exciting ways!

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, hilllllllly said:

Either way, I think they're aware he's been missed like crazy and will make the episode as long as possible.

The good news is that if he does a shoot with Vogue anytime soon, they have a series similar to this where an AI robot asks questions for 5 to 10 minutes. They also have other series on their YT channel as well. Like I said before, it's become a very popular thing in the last 2 years to include internet content of whoever companies/magazines work with, so we have a lot of opportunities to see Jongsuk in new and exciting ways!

sorry to cut your post @hilllllllly but I would AYE to that LOL
please allow him to have more screentime!

Bet you that he will do a photoshoot under Amanproject label soon .. probably might have done? 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Man Returns to Real World after Two Years in Manwha

Kang-Chul-realworld.gif

A keen-eyed observer may have seen the sudden return of the man-ripped-from-a-manhwa on Thursday, December 31, 2020.

Reports say he has spent the past nearly two years at an undisclosed office under the direction of Manhwa Military Manpower Administration.

What are his future plans? Reporters crowded the celebrity for answers, but details are yet to be announced. The only certain conclusion is that he is back to the real world to stay.

160516-0013.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1