Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

It's nearly 2020 and there has not been once single instance that I know of where JS has been spotted since he entered military service. (Of course people have seen him, he's not in solitary confinement, but I mean no public instances/nothing shared online). I know he wanted to go quietly, but I seriously doubted how long that was going to last. He's so extremely recognizable and such a public figure. I'm quite impressed that he has been able to do this, and impressed with the fans I assume he has met over the course of normal activity who have respected his wishes and let him remain anonymous. On the one hand, it's nice to know that even famous people can have private lives and just be "normal." Sometimes I worry about these people, cause it can't be normal to have THAT much attention on you all the time. They need space to wander around in sweat pants with rumpled hair, to hang out with loved ones without the world peering through the curtains to criticize, etc. On the other hand...thank goodness for the mugs, lol. 

Jong suk ssi, if by some chance you are trawling the internet late at night and peering through Soompi (ha, unlikely), do what you need to do, hope you are well, thanks for the mug messages, and FIGHTING! We'll see you in 2021.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, hilllllllly said:

Another one. :wub: It says, "Come on, 2020..

I was just commenting on the above -- I would rather have this fast forwarded to " Come on, 2021"  - hahaha!   Oh well, guess we have to be patient.  Praying that he will get discharged sooner than the expected date.   

23 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

Jong suk ssi, if by some chance you are trawling the internet late at night and peering through Soompi (ha, unlikely), do what you need to do, hope you are well, thanks for the mug messages, and FIGHTING! We'll see you in 2021.

If he continues to do this on a periodical frequency basis, a hand-signed message is better than NONE.   Hope he hears you @frozentundra  -  I believe he is "peering" somewhere, equally missing us ~ the fans as well. 

• Like 6

Another new hand-signed message from Mr Lee Jong Suk, Cafe 89 Mansion, credit sojung7189
Thank you to leejongsuk.sunnyshining for sharing :blush: with her translation :
2019 .. 12 개월
2019 잘가라.
Translate
2019 .. December..
2019 Bye bye.

• Like 7

On 12/21/2019 at 9:44 AM, frozentundra said:

It's nearly 2020 and there has not been once single instance that I know of where JS has been spotted since he entered military service. (Of course people have seen him, he's not in solitary confinement, but I mean no public instances/nothing shared online).

I guess I should modify this, I don't know where my head was when I wrote this. There HAVE been a few times when friends of his have posted pictures of him (or someone who looks suspiciously like him from the back). But compared to the idols who do public service and have fans waiting to see them go to work and leave the office, or the pictures that come out from training, etc.--he's been pretty low key. I'm sure people do see him, but keeping it from being a media circus is a pretty impressive feat.

The cups are going off like New Year's fireworks right now, though. It's nice. :) 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, frozentundra said:

The cups are going off like New Year's fireworks right now, though. It's nice. :) 

Yea @frozentundra   The feeling of hopping over to 89M is so tempting!  So many hand-signed mugs to-date.  Not to mention the lovely, yummy dessert and drinks Cafe.89mansion  putting up on their walls!   The festive mood is in the air.   I know most people take leave during Christmas and the Year End season, be it for celebrations, travelling or just clearing leaves.  

Looks like Jong Suk is also in his festive mood, pray he signs and share more messages.  Wonder whether he gets to be on leave, like some of us.   

Happy Merry Christmas , a season of joy, the season of giving and sharing :heart:

• Like 6
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, frozentundra said:

I guess I should modify this, I don't know where my head was when I wrote this. There HAVE been a few times when friends of his have posted pictures of him (or someone who looks suspiciously like him from the back). But compared to the idols who do public service and have fans waiting to see them go to work and leave the office, or the pictures that come out from training, etc.--he's been pretty low key. I'm sure people do see him, but keeping it from being a media circus is a pretty impressive feat.

I do wonder how many fans, if any, have figured out where he is. I know it seems impossible that there wouldn't be many (much less any) but it also seems impossible to me, no matter how nice and understanding his fans are, that they would know where he is and not say a word. Considering we've seen him sign an autograph or two while enlisted, I can't imagine the people who do see him wouldn't at least share an autograph or a story about bumping into him. Or maybe it's just a handful of fans and they've honored his request to stay quiet. Either way, I get the feeling he needs to lay low and I'm very impressed and happy that he's been able to. I like thinking the fans respect him enough to pull something like this off. In exchange, his love and respect for his fans grows. It's a really beautiful balance.

I really, really hate the idea of not seeing him for 2 years. I don't believe in waiting because life is fragile and you just don't know if you have tomorrow to wait for. It can freak me out if I think about it too much. It feels like such a gamble to let him go for that long with complete faith that everything will be ok until then. Having said that, since this is mandatory and there is nothing any of us can do about it, there is a brightside. Something is very enchanting about the idea of seeing him for the first time after such a long time. The anticipation of getting to see his face, hear his voice, and watching his next drama in 2021 is such a rewarding promise. I just have  to keep myself from wishing time would go faster. 

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, hilllllllly said:

I wonder what "Christmas party..." means? 

i don't think that's what it stands for. he might have used slang as he always does, instead of writing 크리스마스다 for saying it's christmas, he put 당 at the end which makes it cuter. but @hilllllllly's translation could be right as well!

Thanks for posting @kiyimae! The mug says, "I received an award/reward at training camp. I got a special vacation!"

i don't think that's what it stands for. he might have used slang as he always does, instead of writing 크리스마스다 for saying it's christmas, he put 당 at the end which makes it cuter. but @hilllllllly's translation could be right as well!

No, you're probably right. I forget that he does that and my Korean isn't good enough to set JS slang apart from actual phrases. :lol:

• Like 5

it's okay, @hilllllllly! that's why we're here, also to help each other out and understand together what jongsuk has to say. ^_^

i felt so proud of him when i saw his message this morning, he must've been good at the military camp to get a reward (i'd guess he got promoted, maybe?).

i'm happy he gets holidays too, i hope he'll be surrounded by the ones he loves and that he'll spend a lot of happy times with his family and friends.