Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

?format=1500w

The Best of Lee Jongsuk

The Best of Lee Jong Suk

Okay, not going to lie, we’re kind of really obsessed with Lee Jongsuk. Then again, who in the K-Drama world isn’t? Lee Jongsuk has proven to be one of the strongest actors of the Hallyu Wave and continues to prove that with each new role he tackles. Today, we’ll look back at some of the best lead roles he’s portrayed thus far.

SCHOOL 2013

KDRAMAS_LEEJONGSUK_BODY_01.jpg

Noted as Jongsuk’s breakout performance, School 2013 received high acclaim among fans and even won the actor the title of “Best New Actor” at the KBS Drama Awards. The series was incredibly popular due to the performances of Jongsuk and his intense bromance with Kim Woobin’s character.

School 2013 is a series that definitely doesn’t have much romance, but it tackles some really important issues facing students, including bullying, school violence, and suicide. The series dives into the difficulties that many high school students face in their time outside of simple school romance, which is a refreshing change from many popular dramas. This is a notable breakout role for Jongsuk, as many of his future roles will be romance-focused instead of this more realistic and drama-focused role.

PINOCCHIO

KDRAMAS_LEEJONGSUK_BODY_02.png

Still a fan favorite, Jongsuk’s lead performance in Pinocchio will surely grow into a timely classic as time passes. The story revolves around his character Choi Dalpo and his female counterpart, Choi Inha (Park Shinhye). Inha suffers from Pinocchio syndrome, a fictional disease that causes the person in question to start hiccuping if they lie. Inha has always dreamed of being a reporter despite this setback and pushes to become one even as she is turned away for her inability to lie.

Dalpo follows in Inha’s footsteps. The two grew up together and thus have a strong relationship that is initially considered a familial bond, but transforms over time as they experience life as reporters and unravel conspiracies within their news organizations. Jongsuk begins by playing a raggedy and rather unattractive male character before blossoming into the man we all know and love.

In addition to the romantic element, this drama holds a lot of attention for the, well, drama of the storyline. The plot delves into corruption in news media and the desperate struggle for sincerity to win over the deeply institutionalized corruption. Jong Suk’s character also has a very intense history and depth that slowly shows itself as the drama unfolds, the multifaceted nature of his character making it all even more interesting. It’s just a bonus that he pulls off that character so well.

W - TWO WORLDS

KDRAMAS_LEEJONGSUK_BODY_04.jpg

Get ready for new genres added to Jongsuk’s repertoire: supernatural and action! W is a fantastic drama for its unique concept of a fictional comic world clashing with what is considered the real world, creating a sort of alternate dimension in which this comic world actually exists. Female lead Oh Yeonjoo (Han Hyojoo) gets pulled into the webtoon that Kang Cheol (Jongsuk’s character) lives in. Her father is the author of said webtoon and has gone missing, and she finds herself mixed up in this unbelievable reality while attempting to investigate.

Jongsuk plays a young co-president of a huge corporation and former gold medal winner in shooting. After his family is mysteriously murdered one day, his life is thrown upside down as he is suspected to be the culprit. Upon being free, he vows to find those responsible for the crime and runs into trouble while doing so. After being stabbed on the rooftop of his building, he pulls Yeonjoo into the comic.

The story follows Yeonjoo not only as she falls in love with Kang Cheol, but also her adventures of jumping between the two worlds. The drama has many great elements all wrapped up within it, but you’ll have to start watching to find out!

WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING
Just when you thought Jongsuk wouldn’t do it all, he came back in 2017 to play the lead in While You Were Sleeping, a role in which he’s a prosecutor. Yes, we even get crime drama Jongsuk! Jongsuk plays a rookie prosecutor Jung Jaechan who one day begins to have premonition dreams similar to that of Hongjoo (Bae Suzy), the female lead character. After crossing paths with her and seeing the future death of not only herself but her mother, he takes drastic measures to prevent the entire series of events from happening. When Hongjoo realizes he has now gained the ability she’s lived with her whole life, the two team up to prevent future disasters with their new ability.

KDRAMAS_LEEJONGSUK_BODY_05.jpg

Jaechan is an incredibly adorable and relatable character, who more often than not acts goofy with a facade of professionalism. It’s a much more quirky and comedic role in comparison to his previous lead in W, which is a nice change of pace for the actor. The premise of While You Were Sleeping is very reminiscent of Pinocchio, but with the additional supernatural element of premonitions and the crime genre added in. It’s almost a perfect mix of the two previously mentioned dramas and makes for a real treat.

We’ve only had Lee Jongsuk on our radar for five years, and yet he’s already established himself as one of the top drama actors in Korea. We can’t wait to see what his roles in the future have in store for us! But if the ones of the past are any indication, they’re definitely going to be awesome.

Lee Jong Suk, School 2013, Pinocchio, W, While You Were Sleeping

http://www.thekrazemagazine.com/latest-updates/2018/6/3/the-best-of-lee-jongsuk

P.S. They forgot I HEAR YOUR VOICE - the best noona romance:blush:

• Like 5

Oh my @Riman Rakshit  Thanks for the update, chingu.  Really salute our Chinese fans / mathematicians !!   112.3 cm would be like errr .. 44 inches.   Is it a normal length?  Some people have longer legs versus their torsos.  When @Rania Zeid posted the article on {SBS Star] Lee Jong Suk's Amazing Body Proportions Can't Let People Take Their Eyes Off,  I went back to look at each vacation photo he posted recently in his IG.   Yes, he has slender built with broad shoulders and I remember reading somewhere that he has longer limbs, unlike the norm.  Guess that's his advantage. Plus, he has this kinda way of standing when he models which I must say, totally and uniquely his signature style. 

I really love our JS fans near and far :heart:  thank you all.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, kembie said:

Oh my @Riman Rakshit  Thanks for the update, chingu.  Really salute our Chinese fans / mathematicians !!   112.3 cm would be like errr .. 44 inches.   Is it a normal length?  Some people have longer legs versus their torsos.  When @Rania Zeid posted the article on {SBS Star] Lee Jong Suk's Amazing Body Proportions Can't Let People Take Their Eyes Off,  I went back to look at each vacation photo he posted recently in his IG.   Yes, he has slender built with broad shoulders and I remember reading somewhere that he has longer limbs, unlike the norm.  Guess that's his advantage. Plus, he has this kinda way of standing when he models which I must say, totally and uniquely his signature style. 

I really love our JS fans near and far :heart:  thank you all.

Hehe not normal or ordinary yeah his legs are really long. Great proportions:blush:

• Like 5

Oh no @ibru  my heart tugged when I came to the last few minutes when he was gagged and blinded with acid by those officials - so mean! 

Thanks so much for the clip - I read that in an interview with JS, he mentioned that he was traumatic after acting in this movie but I have to admit, he is good here.  I thought I was with him when he said he "looked" bad or whatever but I don't see it bad as how he painted it.  Or maybe I did not get what he meant by the trauma or negative feeling he encountered.

I still having that "tugging" feeling when he asked for his father, being in pain.   And he was limping in this movie.  

Thanks so much, really appreciate it.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, kembie said:

Oh no @ibru  my heart tugged when I came to the last few minutes when he was gagged and blinded with acid by those officials - so mean! 

Thanks so much for the clip - I read that in an interview with JS, he mentioned that he was traumatic after acting in this movie but I have to admit, he is good here.  I thought I was with him when he said he "looked" bad or whatever but I don't see it bad as how he painted it.  Or maybe I did not get what he meant by the trauma or negative feeling he encountered.

I still having that "tugging" feeling when he asked for his father, being in pain.   And he was limping in this movie.  

Thanks so much, really appreciate it.

I like this movie and his acting too. It was not too big role, but he did it well.

In “Three Meals a Day” he was talking to Lee Seo Jin about historical dramas, he said that

he felt like he was ruining the cast members lines flow, he felt terrible and guilty because of that, which is why he has been avoiding these kind of projects ever since.

But that time he was too young , in the beginning of  his acting career ...

In some interview he told that he was in bad mood seeing himself in costume, he said that his face is not suited for historical roles...

But I think if he will take any historical drama now, he will change his opinion about his "historical apperiens".

He is talented actor.:D

• Like 4

Stars Who Are Likely To Enlist In The Military This Year

ezgif-5-72b95dc52d.jpg

We’re already halfway into 2018. Unfortunately, this means fans will need to prepare their hearts as more stars leave for mandatory military service.
Since males need to enlist before they turn 30, celebs nearing this age have to go off to the army in the near future.
Here are some stars who might be enlisting soon:...
Lee Jong Suk continues to be very busy with filming for various movies and dramas. Due to his busy schedule, the actor has delayed his enlistment once after receiving a notice for military duty. Last year he said, “I’m sorry that my enlistment is later than others in the same age group, but I will be sure to greet fans first when I enlist.”   :bawling:

Full article

https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/08/stars-likely-enlist-military-year/

• Sad 5