Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

2020.03.31 10th ANNIVERSARY OF HIS DEBUT!

giphy.gif

Lee Jong Seok discusses his role as 'Sun' in "Secret Garden"

Lee Jong Seok discusses his role as 'Sun' in "Secret Garden"

As you would have already guessed by his tall height, Lee Jong Seok used to be a model before he became an actor. Although he managed to climb to the top at the young age of 16, he came back down in order to pursue acting.

He first debuted through SBS's "Prosecutor Princess," but didn't catch the public's attention until he became the prodigal musician 'Sun' for SBS's "Secret Garden."

Now, Jong Seok is being hailed as one of the hottest new stars of Korea.

The casting for 'Sun' was originally meant for singer Jay Park, but was eventually passed on to Lee Jong Seok after the production company and Jay Park's agency failed to come to an agreement.

Lee stated, "Being the substitute of Jay Park and the fact that the role was of a prodigal musician put a lot of pressure on me. I practiced my singing a lot, but it was nowhere near the level of my role, which made me worried. I underwent vocal training with�Cool's Lee Jae Hoon, but eventually had to lip-sync for a couple of my singing scenes. My lip-sync scenes were recorded by a singer named Ren."

When asked whether he felt any pressure playing the role of a gay character, Lee calmly replied, "At the time of my audition, I already knew that there would be a gay scene with 'Oska.' Working as a model, you come across a lot of gay people in the industry, and I've been close with many of them since I was younger, so I'm used to it. I felt no pressure at all." 

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2011/01/lee-jong-seok-discusses-his-role-as-sun-in-secret-garden

• Like 6

LEE JONG SUK - AUGUST 2011 INTERVIEW

Source: KoreA Star (<– thanks a million to withljongsuk)
Translator: hitoritabi
Translator note: He sounds so absolutely adorable and young, also, a little more detail about his life before he joined the industry. I’m so thankful he decided to become an actor, because it almost seems like he could have just gone in another way… =___=

~*~*~*~*~*~

So cute you want to melt~ “Whipped Cream boy” Lee Jong Suk

tumblr_mi2dy4ST691s4x9hgo1_500.jpg

It was 4pm when we began the interview. He was probably getting hungry, so when coffee and cookies were brought in, he broke out into a wide, innocent smile and said “Wa~”, before starting to dig into the food. Given that he is a hot model turned actor, one would imagine him to be cool and charismatic, yet when he eats, he is as adorable as a baby animal. No, he’s 185cm tall, so he’s hardly small. His shyness and way of speaking instigates your mothering instincts.

“Although I was lucky enough to participate in a popular property one year after debut, my road until this point was actually not very straight-forward. I’ve dreamed of being an actor since I was a kid, but found it very difficult to overcome my introverted personality. So I practiced Taekwondo repetitively every day, until I tore a ligament when I was in Year 3 of middle school and had to give up on that path. At that time, I watched the acting by Kang Dongwon-san and decided to enroll into an acting school. I was scouted when I was 15 to become a model, and also received lessons to become an idol in the interim. But I was never able to give up on my dream of being an actor, so I switched to a different management when I was 19. Finally, I was able to be on the right path.”

In “Secret Garden”, he played a genius composer, who is also a homosexual – not an easy role by far. Although he wasn’t in many scenes, his presence could not be ignored and instigated hot discussions of “Who’s is that actor?”

“My experience as a model helped me approach this role of a homosexual. In fashion, there are people of all different persuasions, and I have no feelings of inconvenience around the topic. Ah, please don’t misunderstand, I am not gay myself (laughs).”

His ideal type is Lee Nayoung.

“I love her unique tone of voice. I used to like girls who were a bit shorter and cute, but lately, I find that I don’t care about that as much. Among Japanese stars, I like Miyazaki Aoi-san, but I was so shocked to find that she is already married (laughs).”

He also likes Japanese films, and his favorite film is “Crows Zero”. He has already privately came to Japan 3 times, is he really familiar with Japan?

“I love shopping, so I went to Harajuku and Aoyama. I learned Japanese back in high school, but I still can’t manage much beyond basic greetings (laughs). If I get the chance, I would love to work in Japan as a model.”

He can most recently be seen in Rain’s film “R2B: Return to Base”. He plays the role of an Air Force pilot, which is a strong image change for him. In Autumn, he also plans to hold a fan-meeting, so please look forward to his upcoming activities!

tumblr_mi2dy4ST691s4x9hgo2_500.jpg

Fresh-faced Q&A

Q. Where do you come from and how many siblings do you have?
I come from Kyeonggi-do. I have a 19-year-old younger brother and 17-year-old younger sister. My brother and I have similar faces but he is bigger than me! My home is far away from Seoul, so right now I live by myself in Seoul.

Q. How do you spend your off days?
I usually would watch movies at home… for research. Or go have tea in the Gangnam area. Shopping at Garosu-gil in Gangnam, I am recently into the stuff of A.P.C boutique.

https://hitoritabi.tumblr.com/post/42930891450/lee-jong-suk-august-2011-interview

• Like 6

“Secret Garden” Revisited

BY JAE-HA KIM  MAY 7, 2019

"Secret Garden," Lee Jong-Suk, Korean Drama, KDrama, KOCOWA

This series includes a supporting role by Lee Jong-Suk, who played a musical prodigy who has a love/hate relationship with Oska. His character is gay. It was a relief to see him treated as a wunderkind (because of his abilities as a songwriter and producer), rather than as a “freak” because of his sexual preference. It was nice to see his sexuality presented as a part of his life, rather than a cause for concern. Lee was barely 21 when he filmed this series and already showed signs of the star he would become.

Full article

https://blog.kocowa.com/secret-garden-revisited/

• Like 5

Lee Jong Suk talks about his role in 'Secret Garden'

Lee Jong Suk talks about his role in 'Secret Garden'

By: peary on February 9, 2011 - 22:09

Lee Jong Suk from Secret Garden, who plays the role of Son in the drama, joins Strong Heart and jokes in a funny way. About his role in a popular drama

He said, "In 20 episodes, I appear in all the dramas that have me, probably only in 30 minutes. My lines are only" going far, "" Don't get in my way "and" I'm busy. "

He said, "I have a lot of scenes with Yoon Sang Hyun and I have more short lines than him. He just yelled at me. Let me say more. "

Kang Ho Dong asked him if he felt any of his popularity. He responded, "I only feel a little. People often remember me even though I have very few roles."

https://www.blike.net/news/2011-02-09/19577-ลีจงซอค-lee-jong-suk-พูดถึงบทของเขาในละครเรื่อง-secret-garden

• Like 5

Here’s What The Cast Of “Secret Garden” Looks Like 8 Years Later

They look more gorgeous now than ever.

Koreaboo
September 18th, 2018

It’s hard to believe that 8 years have already passed since Secret Garden hit screens. This body-swapping romantic comedy was one of the most popular K-Dramas of 2010 and remains a fan favorite to this day. The cast may have moved on to different things, but one thing they have in common is their ability to age gracefully!

6. Lee Jong-suk as Han Tae-sun

leejongsuk8.jpg

Lee Jong-suk played the prickly and gifted young genius musician Oska takes under his wing. He initially blows off Oska’s attempt to recruit him, but Oska later becomes his muse. Fans fell head over heels with this sassy, show-stealing character!

This was Lee Jong-suk’s second K-Drama role after Prosecutor Princess, and it helped launch him into the stardom he has achieved today.

Following Secret Garden, he acted in two more dramas before starring in his breakout role in School 2013. Since then, Lee Jong-suk has acted in 9 more dramas and has achieved leading man status.

Lee Jong-suk’s hair may have changed a lot since his Secret Garden ‘do, but his striking visuals haven’t lost their charm!

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/secret-garden-cast-now/

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Where are the ‘Secret Garden’ Cast Members Now?

BY CHRISELLE OLAGUERA
July 2, 2019
Secret Garden is a 2010 SBS Korean drama starring Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won. The cast members list also includes Yoon Sang Hyun, Kim Sa Rang, Lee Jong Suk, and Yoo In Na.

Did you know that this K-drama gained huge ratings success and popularity around the world? In fact, Secret Garden won various awards at the 2010 SBS Drama Awards and the 47th Paeksang Arts Awards. Additionally, it has already been aired in the Philippines thrice. Twice in GMA Network in 2011 and 2015; then, once in GMA News TV in 2016.

Are you an avid fan of this K-drama? Or are you a fan of its cast members? Have you ever thought where are the cast members now? Then, you might want to read the information given below to check out on them!

Lee Jong Suk

images-54.jpeg?w=780&ssl=1

Lee Jong Suk gained popularity with his supporting role in Secret Garden. Then and there, he started playing lead roles in various K-dramas and movies. In which, almost all of it achieved great ratings success.

The K-dramas which he took part in as main character are: High Kick, Revenge of the Short Legged; My Prettiest Moments (drama special); School 2013; I Can Hear Your Voice; Doctor Stranger; Pinocchio; W; While You Were Sleeping; The Hymn of Death (drama special); and Romance is A Bonus Book.

While, the K-movies he appeared in are: R2B, Return to Base; The Face Reader; No Breathing; Hot Young Bloods; and V.I.P.

Additionally, he has also been part of several web series, television shows, and music videos. Moreover, Lee Jong Suk held his first fan meeting in Manila last November 18, 2018.

Currently, he is completing his military service; and expected to be discharged on January 2021.

Full article:

https://annyeongoppa.com/2019/07/02/where-are-the-secret-garden-cast-members-now/

• Like 4
  • Love 2

LOOK: Lee Jong-suk’s Fashion Style Evolution

Aside from his good looks and acting skills, South Korean Actor Lee Jong-suk is known for his taste in fashion. We all knew that he started as a model before he became an actor.

Here’s a look at his style evolution from being a rookie to big time k-drama actor.

dc37bf5469feeab597aad60512b6cae8384606058.jpg?resize=467%2C700&ssl=1

Full article

https://annyeongoppa.com/2018/10/10/look-lee-jong-suks-fashion-style-evolution/

• Like 4
  • Love 1

A MAN PROJECT IG UPDATE

-
Congratulations on the 10th anniversary of Lee Jong-suk's debut

As always
Actor Lee Jong-suk
Flower road
-
You will walk together-! -
#Leejongsuk
# 10th anniversary # 10th_anniversary_of_debut

GOOGLE Translate

• Like 6

I am so surprised to see him post directly!! Aww, how lovely to hear from him! I remember him once saying that he didn't really mark holidays and special days very much, although he was aware when he would have say, a debut anniversary, that fans would celebrate it. Aww, it's so nice to hear back from him today. What a kind response to fans. :wub: We are fans of not only an exceedingly good actor, but a kind and decent person as well. 

Be happy forever, Jong Suk ssi!

• Like 4