Quantcast
nonski

Lee Jong Suk 이종석 ||[on MS]Upcoming - |Unreleased C-Drama - Jade Lover

The Best Korean Dramas on Netflix

As Netflix continues to release new original content, it is producing more and more Korean dramas, many of which are among the best of the genre.

k-dramas.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=960&h=500&d

Netflix offers some of today's best Korean drama TV series. The streaming service has been continually expanding its collection of Netflix Original series in the past several years, producing diverse content for every viewer — from true crime documentaries to comedy specials. However, one genre that has recently taken off on the streaming platform may surprise some viewers: Korean dramas. K-dramas are not just television shows in Korean; they are a genre unto themselves.

Much like telenovelas or horror films, the best Korean dramas are filled with tropes and conventions that fans have come to expect and appreciate, but are just as fun when they are subverted. Some of Netflix's best Korean dramas are those that excel in these conventions; others take more risks, offering a creative spin on the genre's expectations. Together, Netflix's Korean dramas are some of the best and most interesting options for viewers new to the genre, as well as K-drama fans alike, and all of them are available to stream right now. 

Romance Is A Bonus Book (2019)

Romance-Is-A-Bonus-Book-Crop.jpg?q=50&fi

Lee Jong Suk has been one of Korea's leading men for years, but Romance is a Bonus Book is his first pure romantic comedy. As an actor who tends towards dramas with fantasy or mystery elements, this cute, warm drama may come as a surprise to fans, but it is a welcome one. It's a heartwarming story that on the surface may seem like the classic K-drama formula: a poor woman is in a rough position, then a richer man who has secret feelings for her swoops in and saves her. However, this drama breaks barriers about who deserves a second chance at love and life.

Lee Na-young plays the heroine, but unlike most K-drama leading women, she's middle-aged. Lee Na-young herself is forty, and her character here is thirty-seven. She has had a full life before viewers meet her, and that life has recently fallen apart. She is a mother and a divorcée. Due to her long career gap from her time as a stay-at-home mom, she struggles to re-enter the working world and make a living. But on a deeper level, she is struggling to regain her sense of self. Who is she now that she is no longer a wife?

Romance is a Bonus Book offers her an answer: she is still the heroine of her own story. In fact, there are a multitude of interesting female characters with their own priorities and motivations, and while romance is important to them, so is their family, their career, and them feeling valued for their hard work. It's a subtly revolutionary drama that is nonetheless a satisfying feel-good romance at its core.

Full article: https://screenrant.com/netflix-korean-dramas-k-drama-series-best/

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

giphy.gif

:D:D:D

I have found Sukloz's GIF on giphy

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Whenever people new to drama ask me for suggestions, I always list what I think are the BEST dramas. Then I realize that all I have done is give them the resume of Jong Suk...  :lol: He's not just an excellent actor...he also has a sense for stories that mean something and that linger with you long after the last 끝 shows up on the screen.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

this one says: "new years is here! i wish you all the best this year! the number 2020 is just so pretty ♡"

• Like 6

So about these mugs, is this a display at 89M? So when people walk in, they see a new one added and see the message? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, frozentundra said:

So about these mugs, is this a display at 89M? So when people walk in, they see a new one added and see the message? 

from what i've figured, there must be some kind of space on a table reserved to his mugs or his messages in general. i've seen people leaving all sorts of charms and souvenirs there, like dolls that look like jong suk, magnets from other cities around the world, pictures of him from his photobooks/calendars, cards, postcards etc. it's so sweet people can leave him something to see when he gets there and let him know they travelled somewhere or went to his cafe and are thinking about him, and he can leave us something too. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1