Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

5 minutes ago, lanieqp said:

@kiyimae just let them watch HOD specifically Kim Woo-Jin's confrontation scene with his father and these people having issues with Jong Suk's acting skills will , for sure, have a 360 degree turn on their opinion. That should settle it. :D All that restraining and quiver in his voice for some perfect lines...ughhh...one will never get enough of that scene.

That was one fine piece of acting. (And actually, the Korean reaction was quite gushing, at least on DC. I've rarely seen Knetz be so united in praising someone.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, lanieqp said:

@kiyimae just let them watch HOD specifically Kim Woo-Jin's confrontation scene with his father and these people having issues with Jong Suk's acting skills will , for sure, have a 360 degree turn on their opinion. That should settle it. :D All that restraining and quiver in his voice for some perfect lines...ughhh...one will never get enough of that scene.

I guess it's time for me to finally bite the bullet and watch Hymn of Death, huh? 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, frozentundra said:

(And actually, the Korean reaction was quite gushing, at least on DC. I've rarely seen Knetz be so united in praising someone.)

i usually read comments about his dramas, i read them for every episode of romance is a bonus book (especially appreciated that one calling him sexy and a "ruthless and inconsiderate man" after he kissed danyi with his hands behind his back! :phew:) but i didn't seem to find any about hymn of death. do you know where i can find them again? someone that translated them already, maybe?

(wait, i just realized i read the comments... oops. but i don't remember the praises for that scene.)

10 hours ago, hilllllllly said:

Does anybody know what happened to that drama he was suppose to do in 2018 (See You Again, I think it was called). I know it was cancelled and never made with anyone else either, but I guess I'm curious why. I've wondered if they dropped it because they wanted JS to star and when he couldn't for at least 3 years

here it seems not. i've been confused with it as well. first they said they accepted the role, then that they hadn't decided anything yet when the news had already come out. and then it got canceled altogether. so apparently jongsuk didn't even confirm he would be acting in this piece.

this is probably older than the date indicated on the tweet but i never saw these pictures before. i don't know why but seeing them made me go "aww" (is this hymn of death cast though? i think i only recognize the guy on the left in the first picture, and the one on the left in the second one i follow on instagram :lol: but i don't remember who he is in the drama. the woman i don't remember at all... must be the historical costumes' fault that give them a different appearance).

4 hours ago, kiyimae said:

i usually read comments about his dramas, i read them for every episode of romance is a bonus book (especially appreciated that one calling him sexy and a "ruthless and inconsiderate man" after he kissed danyi with his hands behind his back! :phew:) but i didn't seem to find any about hymn of death. do you know where i can find them again? someone that translated them already, maybe?

(wait, i just realized i read the comments... oops. but i don't remember the praises for that scene.)

[SPOILERS!!!][He Hymn of DeathㅣDeath Song] Episode 1

0001072834_001_20181127230626270.jpg?type=w540

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-11-30%2Bat%2B6.17.32%2BPM.png

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-11-30%2Bat%2B6.17.27%2BPM.png

Nationwide ratings for episode 1: 7.8% (cr. Naver TV)

1. [+2429, -114] The vibes are insane, Lee Jong Suk's eye gaze and the narration is daebak

2. [+1309, -155] I really like Lee Jong Suk x Shin Hye Sun pairing, they really match well! Lee Jong Suk is really good at acting, looking forward to next week too ㅠㅠ

3. [+1095, -9] Seriously what are we going to do about Lee Jong Suk's vibes, I'm sad it's only three episodes - whether it's the fit of the clothes, lines, or acting, I want to rewatch it 

4. [+735, -34] It's fun to watch because it's been a while since we had a historical drama, looking forward to next week ㅠ

5. [+554, -48] Lee Jong Suk is bleeding while getting tortured but he's shining.. My heart fluttered for the first time in a while because of Woo Jin-ie ㅠㅠㅠ

6. [+260, -38] I feel like Shin Hye Sun doesn't match well with the vibes of a historical drama because she delivers her lines fast.. 

7. [+283, -64] I was looking forward to it but the female lead's diction doesn't match well with historical dramas, what a shame 
↪ [+60, -7] I know Shin Hye Sun is good at acting but her acting tone was similar to the weekend dramas so I couldn't get immersed;;     

credit

https://ddoboja.blogspot.com/2018/11/spoilershe-hymn-of-deathdeath-song.html

another one

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2018/12/he-hymn-of-death-ep-2-spoilers-lee-jong.html

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2018/12/he-hymn-of-death-finale-ep-3-spoilers.html

• Like 4

Thanks, @ibru. Yes, I read these kinds of comments reposted here and also I read DC Inside (a Korean portal)  from time to time. And Naver. Comments and articles in both places were positive. I was glad to see that. :)

HoD is a short piece (only 3 episodes) based on the life of a real person. It's a straight up tragedy and some of the themes are not particularly my favorite, but JS was really amazing in his portrayal of this tortured soul. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

Thanks, @ibru. Yes, I read these kinds of comments reposted here and also I read DC Inside (a Korean portal)  from time to time. And Naver. Comments and articles in both places were positive. I was glad to see that. :)

HoD is a short piece (only 3 episodes) based on the life of a real person. It's a straight up tragedy and some of the themes are not particularly my favorite, but JS was really amazing in his portrayal of this tortured soul. 

It was really amazing play! It's almost like a mute cinema. Jong Suk with power of his emotions conveyed this tormented soul...

• Like 3

20 hours ago, kiyimae said:

i honestly have yet to find another actor that makes me feel. he gets immersed in his roles to be as real as possible, even when they are really different from him he tries hard (see gwangil) and gets it right, with each work he acts better, and i don't know which jongsuk dramas they watched to state such things.

Agree with @lanieqp that they should watch HOD.   Jong Suk may have his flaws but when you watch him in each of his drama,  there is something deep inside himself that is struggling to come out, that you can't help feeling for each character portrayed was not of Jong Suk but the roles he was carrying out.  I read that audiences could tell the difference in each character, the feel of his soul , namely Han Tae Sun, Park Soo Ha, Dr Park Hoon, Kang Chul, Jung Jae Chan, Cha Eun Ho and so many more.   

As @ibru shared above , from the fans and even writers / scriptwriters - they were so grateful and wanting to cast him in their dramas.  Have read positive comments from some PD-nims ; the most recent one from RIABB who said Jong Suk could understand the scripts even better that he himself. 

Here allow me to share Jshine's post tonight where you can just see his longing gaze.  His eyes, yes, speak volumes!  

• Like 7