Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

Romance is a Bonus Book: Episode 16 (Final Recap)

BonusBook_E16_00274-1.jpg

Not unlike a good book, I feel bittersweet about reaching the end of the journey with our publishing heroes. We’ve faced great highs and hard lows together, and I will miss everyone, from sweet Dan-yi and Eun-ho to bickering Hae-rin and Seo-joon, and even spoiled Ji-yul and poor Hoon. But also like the best books, we get an excellent conclusion and the reassurance that our heroes stories will continue, even if we can’t see it all in this volume.

EPISODE 16

BonusBook_E16_00058-1.jpg

BonusBook_E16_00051-1.jpg

Spoiler

BonusBook_E16_00082-1.jpg

BonusBook_E16_00102-1.jpg

BonusBook_E16_00152-1.jpg

BonusBook_E16_00183-1.jpg

BonusBook_E16_00214-1.jpg

BonusBook_E16_00224-1.jpg

BonusBook_E16_00357-1.jpg

BonusBook_E16_00365-1.jpg

BonusBook_E16_00397-1.jpg

BonusBook_E16_00427-1.jpg

BonusBook_E16_00053-1.jpg

COMMENTS

And now we must leave Gyeoroo and its staff behind, though their stories will never leave our hearts. I know I’m being a little saccharine and sentimental, but I can’t help but feel warm and fuzzy as this show draws to a gentle close. It was honestly everything that I wanted it to be: a poignant but also adorable love story, an office comedy, and even the mystery finally impacted me in the way I wanted it to, so that I felt for Author Kang and the sons he left behind.

We’ve been wondering for a while whether or not Eun-ho was truly Author Kang’s son or just an enthusiastic student of the man, and now that we know the answer, nothing has diminished in their relationship. He promised to be Author Kang’s son, and he upheld that promise until the very end. I am so relieved that Seo-joon never saw Eun-ho as a replacement or unwelcome member of the family, and instead saw how his father, even with his declining health, could want to hold tightly to the memory of Seo-joon but still falter. Even though Author Kang’s memories were mixed up and confused, his feelings held tightly to him, and he transferred them to Eun-ho. I’m glad that Seo-joon was able to find his closure at last, and to even find a “brother” he could trust.

The show has done an amazing job of honoring both the publishing industry and what it does and the people who work in that environment, and Author Kang’s parting sentiments bring these two loves together as one, with people and books both existing to touch the lives of others. It draws out the idea that every person has a story of their own, just like a book, and while an individual cannot change the entire world, it is still significant in the way that others feel comforted by it when they bring it into their lives. Just like Inner Thoughts of Plants wasn’t necessarily a bestseller, it was still a work that deserved the chance to touch the hearts of others. And I really like the final sentiment, that it couldn’t necessarily do it on its own, but with the help of others, our botany book will make it.

Eun-ho couldn’t solve Dan-yi’s problems, nor did he too often make the mistake of trying to. Instead he was there to comfort, to hold her hand, and to make her smile. For others, like Director Ko, sometimes we forget that stories (and people) are important, and instead dive into other pursuits like work. But in the end, everyone at Gyeoroo grows and thrives, even as their stories change.

Author Kang also reminds us that a story needs a beginning and an end, even if the ending is not the one we had hoped for. In perhaps his final moment of clarity, Author Kang realized the importance of recording his whole life, not just the beginning, and how that life and its story impacted others. Because even though many struggled through the end of his tale, in the end when the truth was revealed, he brought people together who were able to console one another.

Let it not go unnoticed that the final shot is not of our romantic couples however, but of Gyeoroo. A place of cherished work, where all of these characters came together to make stories for others, and to make their own along the way.

And so, the show leaves us with one final message at the end of the credits: the moon is beautiful.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/03/romance-is-a-bonus-book-episode-16-final/

• Like 3

5 Times The Finale Of âRomance Is A Bonus Bookâ Gave Us Hope

5 Times The Finale Of “Romance Is A Bonus Book” Gave Us Hope

Mar 21, 2019

It’s hard to believe that “Romance Is A Bonus Book” has come to an end. This also marked Lee Jong Suk’s last project before enlisting in the military this past month. It wasn’t a flashy or crazy star-studded cast, but it was a series that left a strong impression on us all, giving us the strength and hope that was needed. Here’s a look at five times the finale of “Romance Is a Bonus Book” gave us hope.

5. The steadfast love Cha Eun Ho has for Kang Dan Yi

Cha Eun Ho loved Dan Yi with all his heart for basically his entire life. When Dan Yi goes through rough times, he’s always there for her and drops everything in order to help her out.

It was comforting knowing that Dan Yi had a person like Eun Ho. Don’t we all want someone in our lives who would be willing to genuinely and whole-heartedly help us through difficult times? And without expecting anything in return? Cha Eun Ho is that for Dan Yi – when her whole world literally falls apart and she loses everything, Eun Ho is her rock. She’s able to turn to him and he’s able to get her through it, which is pretty awesome.

lee-jong-suk1.gif

lee-na-young.gif

Full  https://www.soompi.com/article/1311242wpp/5-times-the-finale-of-romance-is-a-bonus-book-gave-us-hope

• Like 3

Romance is a Bonus Book OST (로맨스는 별책부록) - Various Artists [FULL ALBUM]

CD 1

D2JSNuwU4AEjANt.jpg

CD 2

D2JSNusVAAIycuz.jpg

Via https://twitter.com/js_89914/status/1108538860047196161

• Like 3

9 K-Dramas With Heartbreaking Couple Moments That Are Peak Angst

Image may contain: 2 people, text

Mar 22, 2019
by kaityv

While it’s always enticing to see the cute couple moments like the back hugs, the languid kisses, and nose bumps, sometimes we can’t help but be addicted to the drama. No matter how cute a K-drama is, there comes a point where angst needs to have its time to shine. These scenes, while gut-wrenching, can be some of the most powerful and poignant scenes to watch. Whether it be the slow, melancholic OST, the top-notch cinematography, or just the look of downright despair on the leads’ faces, some moments are so exceptional that you’re compelled to watch them as much as you do the fluffy scenes.

Here’s our list of dramas that are perfect to watch when you’re in need of some angst!

“W”

Anyone who has seen “W” knows that Kang Chul (Lee Jong Suk) and Oh Yeon Joo (Han Hyo Joo) never let us live. Packed with drama, suspense, and angst, this drama never shies away from ripping viewers’ hearts out. Kang Chul’s tragic backstory of being framed for his entire family’s murder and spending most of his life trying to figure who the killer is doesn’t leave much room for anything but angst, let alone romance. But to be fair, he is a comic book character.

However, once Yeon Joo gets sucked into the fictional world, they are drawn to each other. Their fluffy moments are fleeting, especially when Kang Chul realizes he must set everything back to how it was. If you look up the word heartbreak in the dictionary, there is sure to be a picture of Yeon Joo crying over the tablet as she resets the comic back to the beginning.

W1.jpg

W2.jpg

W3.jpg

W4.jpg

However, the angst doesn’t just end with this. Though Kang Chul does not remember her, Yeon Joo gets sucked in because he subconsciously pulls her back into the comic after she drops the ring he gave her. Of course, it rolls all the way back to him and she’s stuck standing there with all the memories suffocating her heart. If you’re addicted to angst, you’re gonna want to watch this drama pronto!

Catch the first episode of “W” below:

https://www.viki.com/videos/1105299v-w-episode-1

Full: https://www.soompi.com/article/1308376wpp/9-k-dramas-with-heartbreaking-couple-moments-that-are-peak-angst

• Like 8