Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

Lee Jong Suk, His award speech and his phobia of public speaking.

I feel compelled to write something because I am a fan and he gets unnecessary hate for his unfortunate phobia of public speaking.

He has now won several awards in the last few years and one thing consistent is that he can not, for the life of him, think coherently when he is the focus of attention on the stage.  He wants to run away as quickly as possible.  And each time, he gets criticized for it.

He does not have an attitude people.  He gets major anxiety when on stage.  He has the same problem on live interviews.  He has admitted this several times in the past.  But those who do not follow him as fans, quite possibly do not know this about him and interpret this as an attitude issue.

Please give him a break!  Let him enjoy the moment.  

Us fans are very proud of him.  Network Daesang awards have always been about actor’s popularity and ratings.  Both require base talent.  He has that in plenty.  He is a wonderful actor who lives and breathes his characters, always making us fall in love with those characters.  How can we forget the vulnerable Nam Soon, the puppy Soo Ha, the charming Park Hoon, lovable Dal Po and sexy Kang Chul?  He deserves that Daesung just like how others deserved it in the past years.    In other networks, it may not be based on voters voting but still is always given to drama that is highest rated and star who made the drama the talk of the town.  Facts indicate, W was highest rated show for MBC and LJS’s Kang Chul was very compelling.  

So, ‘he won by popular votes alone’ is an ignorant statement.  He probably would have won it anyway even if it was not through viewer voting.

I hope he continues to get more acknowledgement for his talent from industry, his seniors and peers.  Again, I am very proud of him and thankful for all the fans that voted for him.  

Cheers!

...(I did not plagiarize this :-D...I am dramafan1001 in Tumblr.  I got some PMs asking me this!!! ) 

• Like 16

Everything @ThinkPositive said. I am a newer fan, but I have also observed that anytime he is in an interview situation and people ask him questions where he has to come up with something quick, he gets flustered and is happy to pass off the question to someone else until he's had a chance to think of a good answer (he did this frequently in interviews along with Han Hyo Joo, which he did here, too). I would think it's a sign of him being genuinely surprised/humble about the award, and not the opposite.

And YES, he's definitely got the talent and done the hard work to bring to life so many wonderful characters. The Daesang is a well-deserved honor.

• Like 8

LJS IG update

We're proud to be your fan. We're so lucky to know you. You really deserve the award. Don't listen to any harsh words said by those who don't know much about you. Your fans know you the best and we will always support you forever. FIGHTING!!!

• Like 11

Winners of the 2016 MBC Drama Awards

Lee Jong Suk Han Hyo Joo Seo In Guk Lee Sung Kyung

On December 30, the 2016 MBC Drama Awards honored some of this year’s hottest stars and television productions.

W” was undeniably the biggest winner of the night, taking home seven awards in total. Lee Jong Suktook home his first Grand Prize ever for his role in the drama.In a simple speech, the actor thanked his fans and promised to continue to work hard.  Notably, voters decided on the Grand Prize winner, and reportedly sent in around 130,000 votes during the ceremony.

He also took home the Best Couple award with his fellow “W” co-star, Han Hyo Joo, who was also awarded for her role in the drama.

Check out all the winners below!

Grand Prize – Lee Jong Suk (“W”)

Lee Jong Suk Top Excellence

Drama of the Year – “W”

Male High Excellence Award for Mini-Series – Lee Jong Suk (“W”)

Female High Excellence Award for Mini-Series – Han Hyo Joo (“W”)

Han Hyo Joo

Golden Acting Award for Mini Series – Kim Eui Sung (“W”)

Kim Eui Sung

Best Couple Award – Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo (“W”)

Lee Jong Suk Han Hyo Joo

Best Scriptwriter of the Year – Song Jae Jung (“W”)

Source (1) (2)

Read full article @ https://www.soompi.com/2016/12/30/winners-2016-mbc-drama-awards/

• Like 3

Lee Jong Suk Expresses Thanks For Award And Explains Short Acceptance Speech

Lee-Jong-Suk3.png

Lee Jong Suk won the Grand Prize at the 2016 MBC Drama Awards.

Unfortunately, the actor’s short acceptance speech has been the subject of criticism.

However, Lee Jong Suk posted a thank you on his personal Instagram account and wrote, “I sincerely thank you. I think it’s the first time I was this nervous my whole life.. I wasn’t able to thank every single person I am thankful toward, so I don’t think I expressed my thanks properly. I will live without forgetting my thankful heart. I will work hard to repay the weight of the award with a humble attitude.! I am sincerely thankful. Happy New Year!”

source: https://www.soompi.com/2016/12/30/lee-jong-suk-expresses-thanks-award-explains-short-acceptance-speech/

• Like 7

Grand Prize/ Daesang – Lee Jong Suk (“W”)

[2016 MBC Drama Awards]2016 MBC 연기대상- Grand prize of the year! Lee Jongseok 20161230

Male Top Excellence Award for Mini-Series – Lee Jong Suk (“W”)

[2016 MBC Drama Awards]2016 MBC 연기대상- Lee Jongseok 최우수연기상 미니시리즈 부문 남자 수상! 20161230

Best Couple Award – Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo (“W”) 

[2016 MBC Drama Awards]2016 MBC 연기대상- Lee Jongseok, Han Hyoju 베스트 커플상 수상! 20161230

Jong Suk appeared in other videos for "W" awards =>

Golden Acting Award for Mini Series – Kim Eui Sung (“W”)

[2016 MBC Drama Awards]2016 MBC 연기대상- Kim Uiseong, Lim Semi 황금 연기상 미니시리즈 부문 수상! 20161230

Drama of the Year – “W”

[2016 MBC Drama Awards]2016 MBC 연기대상- Best Drama of the year! 'W' 20161230

Best Scriptwriter of the Year – Song Jae Jung (“W”)

[2016 MBC Drama Awards]2016 MBC 연기대상- 'W' Song Jaejeong 올해의 작가상 수상! 20161230

Source: MBCentertainment

P.S.: Some of the youtube videos posted earlier (source not from MBC) were blocked on copyright grounds. 

• Like 6

Find out who took the Daesang and more at the '2016 MBC Drama Awards'!

By alim17

misc

The '2016 MBC Drama Awards' was held at the MBC HQ in Samgamdong, Seoul on the 30th with MCs Kim Kuk Jin and UEE!  The results were from real-time votes by 130,000 people.

Congrats to the winners below!

Daesang: Lee Jong Suk (W)

Drama of the Year: W

Top Excellence Actors

Lee Seo Jin (Marriage Contract)

Lee Sang Woo (When One's Home is Happy)

Lee Jong Suk (W)

Top Excellence Actresses

UEE (Marriage Contract)

Kim So Yeon (When One's Home is Happy)

Han Hyo Joo (W)

Excellence Actors

Seo In Guk (Shopping King Louie)

Son Ho Joon (Blow Mi Poong)

Seo Ha Joon (Ok Joong Hwa)

Excellence Actresses

Lee Sung Kyung (Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo)

Lim Ji Yeon (Blow Mi Poong)

Jin Se Yeon (Ok Joong Hwa)

Best Couple: Han Hyo Joo and Lee Jong Suk

Writer of the Year: Song Jae Jung (W)

Best Child Actors

Jung Da Bin (Ok Joong Hwa)

Goo Gun Min (Working Mom, Parenting Daddy)

Best New Actors

Nam Joo Hyuk (Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo)

Ryu Joon Yeol (Lucky Romance)

Best New Actresses

Nam Ji Hyun (Shopping King Louie)

Jo Bo Ah (Monster)

Performances:

TWICE

B1A4

Source: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/12/find-out-who-took-the-daesang-and-more-at-the-2016-mbc-drama-awards

• Like 7