Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

1 hour ago, ibru said:

“Life laughs at you when you are unhappy. Life smiles at you when you are happy. But, Life salutes you when you make others happy.” – Charlie Chaplin

Let's all be happy and make others happy:grin:

Love your quote @ibru .  Thanks for the above reminder !    We must.

cr cecikorea

• Like 5

On 9/25/2019 at 4:05 AM, hilllllllly said:

He has said quite a few times that he felt his role in The Face Reader brought down the movie and because of that, he's sworn off of anything historical. However, I remember Lee Seo Jin talking to him about it on 3 Meals a Day and he seemed open to the idea of a historical drama under the right circumstances. Selfishly, I kind of hope he doesn't because it's not my favorite genre, but I'm sure if anyone is going to make me a fan, it's him. 

I was just thinking today about how different all of his roles have been. I think that's one of the things I find so impressive about him. There is a distinct difference in all of his characters. I don't believe he's ever played the same role twice. Musician, airman, student, swimmer, doctor, reporter, manhwa character, serial killer, playwright... he's always something distinguishable and none of his characters blur. I'm sure a few of his critics would disagree but they're wrong. ^_^

I know a lot of people didn't love Doctor Stranger (especially the frizzy hair) but I remember being blown away by how different he was as Park Hoon. He change his body type, his speech, and mannerisms so much that he felt like a different person to me. While that drama wasn't the best in terms of writing and casting, I have such a soft spot for it because of how hard he worked to become this character. I know he feels like he failed, but he didn't. Not at all. 

I haven't watched The Face Reader. I will, soon. I believe he's just being too hard on himself when he said that, though. 

I love historical dramas. It always brought different sides of the actors, something we couldn't see in modern dramas. Even the language is different. It's always more formal in historical dramas. I want to see him as a crown prince or an emperor too, fighting off politic rivalry or go to war, be in a battle scene. It would be really interesting to watch, I'm sure. 

But it's just my personal wish. Whatever project he'll do after he's discharged, I'll be grateful and watch happily. 

I just finished watching the movie As One, about the table tennis international competition where the North and South Korea joined forces for the first time. Lee Jong Suk-ssi played a really uptight and innocent North Korean athlete. 

The movie was a bit boring at first, but it catches up towards the middle and the end, thanks to the amazing acting skills of the two main actresses, Ha Ji Won and Bae Doo Na. Lee Jong Suk-ssi was memorable here, looking so innocent with a basic haircut and black hair. I especially loved his romantic (though tragic) scenes here. He really could express himself well as a North Korean who was used to hold in all his emotions, including to a girl he liked. Loved his acting here. He's already good even then TT___________TT

And he already played with Ha Ji Won twice. In As One and Secret Garden. She's one of my most favorite actress. Would he be able to star in one movie/drama with her as the main actor? I'd love him to act alongside Song Hye Kyo as well. I know they are both a lot older than him, but they're like the best South Korean actresses for me. He could play with Lee Na Young, so maybe Ji Won and Hye Kyo are possible as well. 

For his generation of actresses, I love Jung Ji Eun and IU. It's definitely my wish to see him acting with them. 

You are right. He is really an exceptional actor. When he acts, he's not only saying dialogues. Even his body language differs from one work to the other. I think it's really fantastic. He said all his work were not based on instincts but careful and hard work. Well, I say he must be born with the natural talent of acting. 

I pray that he can always stay in the acting industry, even until he grows old, and be South Korea's Al Pacino, getting award winning quality material for the rest of his life.

• Like 7

On 9/25/2019 at 5:00 PM, kiyimae said:

there's always hymn of death.

I watched it already. It's beautiful and heartbreaking. My favorite scenes were when he burst out to his dad and that last dance. He's so awesome there that it's so mindblowing to think that he didn't receive a cent from it TT_______TT

But I mean a Joseon period historical drama, filled with political intrigues, the fear of getting poisoned by someone close, battle scenes on a horse with a sword and archery. 

Maybe one day if there's a historical drama script that could move him. 

Also, is there a compilation of English translations for Na Tae Joo's works? I really want to read it. 

• Like 6

I watched As One shortly after finishing W. Oh my. I laughed and laughed at how freaked out his character was by that girl who liked him. Choi Kyung Sub is NOT Kang Chul. Lolol.

I hope he has a long future in the acting industry, too. He's good.

@ladylia257 No, Na Tae Joo has not been translated into English. If you speak Chinese, there is a Chinese version of the collaboration with JS. But they did not choose to do an English one.

• Like 4

@frozentundra when the book first came out i recall someone started translating the poems in english other than chinese (or japanese? i'm not sure), then they stopped for some reason. too bad. maybe they found out they were not allowed to do it.

28 minutes ago, ladylia257 said:

And he already played with Ha Ji Won twice.

For his generation of actresses, I love Jung Ji Eun and IU. It's definitely my wish to see him acting with them. 

as for ha ji won, did you watch their interview together? it's from a few years ago. ah, that interview has a special place in my heart for some reason.

he's actually close to IU, he went to her concert not too long ago, maybe it has been two years? they've been friends for a long time, even MCd together in his early days. i do hope they act together someday.

19 minutes ago, kiyimae said:

@frozentundra when the book first came out i recall someone started translating the poems in english other than chinese (or japanese? i'm not sure), then they stopped for some reason. too bad. maybe they found out they were not allowed to do it.

JShine did a few. And IG user toguri has done some into Japanese. I have done a few NTJ poems into English as well. (He is one of my favorite poets.) But for copyright reasons you cannot simply translate the entire book and throw it up online.

• Like 6

@frozentundra you're right. one cannot even post all the clips contained in the dvd because otherwise no one would buy it, it would be available on the internet and it would've made no sense to put it on the market. the same thing that happens for dramas and their additional making scenes and commentary. people have to buy it if they want to see it, either it gets translated or not. in fact, i got pretty annoyed when i saw so many wyws making videos being posted on ig, those were from the blu ray.