Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

4 hours ago, ladylia257 said:

He said he's thankful for his fans, for making someone so ordinary like him special. It might not be his exact words, yet that's the gist. He's so humble to the point that it's worrying.

May he always be surrounded with good people. A heart that is so good breaks easily. I don't mean to be depressing, just......you know. Nice people are not always treated nicely. 

I worry about that sometimes. He's so sensitive and kind. Usually hearts like his end up broken or changed. I think that's why we all feel so protective of him.

4 hours ago, ladylia257 said:

In the future, can he act in a historical drama? It will be nice to watch. His roles are always different. However, a historical drama would be entirely different. 

He has said quite a few times that he felt his role in The Face Reader brought down the movie and because of that, he's sworn off of anything historical. However, I remember Lee Seo Jin talking to him about it on 3 Meals a Day and he seemed open to the idea of a historical drama under the right circumstances. Selfishly, I kind of hope he doesn't because it's not my favorite genre, but I'm sure if anyone is going to make me a fan, it's him. 

I was just thinking today about how different all of his roles have been. I think that's one of the things I find so impressive about him. There is a distinct difference in all of his characters. I don't believe he's ever played the same role twice. Musician, airman, student, swimmer, doctor, reporter, manhwa character, serial killer, playwright... he's always something distinguishable and none of his characters blur. I'm sure a few of his critics would disagree but they're wrong. ^_^

I know a lot of people didn't love Doctor Stranger (especially the frizzy hair) but I remember being blown away by how different he was as Park Hoon. He change his body type, his speech, and mannerisms so much that he felt like a different person to me. While that drama wasn't the best in terms of writing and casting, I have such a soft spot for it because of how hard he worked to become this character. I know he feels like he failed, but he didn't. Not at all. 

• Like 8

17 hours ago, ladylia257 said:

In the future, can he act in a historical drama? It will be nice to watch. His roles are always different. However, a historical drama would be entirely different.

there's always hymn of death.

it seems the book jong suk reads in romance is a bonus book has won a poetry award recently. i remember a photo of jong suk at this company, at the time i thought it was part of the drama but i guess not!

In centering a drama on books or, more precisely, the publishing industry, it made sense for the production team to look for a related partner to team up with. And so, Romance Is A Bonus Book  found one in RHK Korea [알에이치코리아], formerly known as Random House Korea till 2012, when they adopted their new acronym. Thus, most of the books featured in Romance Is A Bonus Book were actually published by RHK. So, it is easy to juxtapose both them and Gyeoroo Publishing as the real- and reel-life versions of South Korea’s largest publishing house.

the full article here: https://koreandramaland.com/the-books-in-romance-is-a-bonus-book-part-1/

The Books in ‘Romance Is A Bonus Book’ — Part 2

na-tae-jo-x-lee-jong-suk-book-there-is-no-one-2017-koreandramaland-800x389.jpg

by Marion KDL

For this second part of the compilation of the books in Romance Is A Bonus Book (RIABB), we turn our focus to South Korea poet Na Tae-joo. This is not just because two of his books became very central in the middle of this drama. Rather, it’s that in retracing those two books, it actually leads us to more connections between real and reel.

Na Tae-joo X Lee Jong-suk

na-tae-jo-x-lee-jong-suk-book-there-is-no-one-2017-koreandramaland-b-800x800.jpg

Here’s something interesting that connects the lead actor of RIABB even more deeply with Na himself. Lee Jong-suk first came across Na’s poems when he recited two lines out of ‘Wildflower’ (sometimes also translated as ‘Grass Flower’), one of the poet’s most well-known poems that also features in South Korean textbooks, as a farewell to his classmate that is forced to transfer schools in episode 2 of the drama School 2013.

In 2016, Na and Lee collaborated together on the poem book Everything Is Your Fault (모두가 네 탓), published together by YG Entertainment [YG엔터테인먼트] in 2017. It contains 16 of Na’s poems — including “Wildflower” — and Lee’s comments on the poems. “I don’t want the poem to be just an actor’s pictorials,” Lee stated in an interview when the book came out in 2017 and continues by saying: “I want people who are in love, who are hurt by break-ups, or who are lonely, to be comforted by the poem.” This is similar to his own relationship with Na’s poems. Lee said in the same interview that when he read Na’s poem in the drama,  he did so without much thought. But as time passed, Na’s poems began to be a source of comfort for Lee himself.

Understandably, this book has since sold out.

Na Tae-joo in Romance Is A Bonus Book

In Romance Is A Bonus Book, two of Na’s poem books were key ones that Lee Jong-suk’s character, Cha Eun-ho, shared with the two most important people in his life.

The Heart Is Drawn To You
[음이 살짝 기운다 나태주 신작 시집]

(2019)
Author: Na Tae-joo (나태주)
Publisher: 알에이치코리아 (RHK)

romance-is-a-bonus-book-2019-book-na-tae-joo-the-heart-Is-drawn-to-you-episode-10-koreandramaland.jpg

But suddenly,
the wind blows again from somewhere.
The sound of the sandstorm
reaches the branches up high.
And with that, my heart flutters.
That means
I miss someone I left behind.
The desire to love someone again
is making my heart throb.
Dream.
And yearn.
Love deeply and lastingly.
We sleep, rest,
and dwell in our momentary joy

to recharge ourselves.
So that we can return
to the world full of pain,
so that we can have new dreams.
Yearn for new things,
and love once again.
deeply and lastingly.

This is the poem that Eun-ho reads to his adopted father, writer Kang Byung-joon (Lee Ho-jae) at his Gapyeong residence in episode 10. The poem stems from Na’s 2019 poem collection The Heart Is Drawn To You (음이 살짝 기운다 나태주 신작 시집).

https://koreandramaland.com/the-books-in-romance-is-a-bonus-book-part-2/

and also Part-1

https://koreandramaland.com/the-books-in-romance-is-a-bonus-book-part-1/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @ibru and @kiyimae for sharing the articles on the Compilation of Poetry Books in RIABB and the explanation on RHK_Korea.  Interesting indeed.  I posted a congratulatory message to Mr Na TJ on his winning at the recent 30th Sowol Poetry Awards on my IG, but was not too sure of the whole details - now they are clearer to me.

It is so heartwarming and rewarding to see Jong Suk's collaboration with Mr Na TJ is in the limelight again.   

Just to share a quote here from Robert Frost -   Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words

:heart:

• Like 8