Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

13 Actors And Actresses Who Always Pick Good Roles

Don’t you just hate it when you have high expectations for a K-drama and then it ends up not being as exciting as you thought it would be? We’ve all been there, and it can be so disappointing. But then there are certain actors and actresses who pick and choose to be in amazing K-dramas that we can almost guarantee will be good. It’s definitely not the case with all of them, but the ones who are on this list have definitely proven to us time and time again that their series are worth the wait and the watch.

3. Lee Jong Suk

Notable K-dramas: “Romance is a Bonus Book,” “While You Were Sleeping,” “W,” “Pinocchio,” “Doctor Stranger,” “I Hear Your Voice

Lee-Jong-Suk1.jpg

Lee Jong Suk is definitely considered to be a top Korean actor. Some of us remember him as the angsty songwriter Han Tae Sun in “Secret Garden,” and even then, he had such star quality. Since then, basically every role he’s taken on has been in a great drama. Even the series where he had cameos were amazing – remember “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo” and “Gogh: Starry Night“?

lee-jong-suk.gif

A lot of the roles that Lee Jong Suk picks are also easy to binge watch. He chooses very interesting scripts that make you want to know what will happen at the end. His last K-drama in particular before enlisting was “Romance is a Bonus Book.” Although the series was a bit more mellow, it proved to be a comforting K-drama that we didn’t even know we needed. We can always trust Lee Jong Suk!

Lee-Jong-Suk-12.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1346713wpp/13-actors-and-actresses-who-always-pick-good-roles

• Like 5

“Oh, he did look like a deity – the perfect balance of danger and charm,

he was at the same time fascinating and inaccessible,

distant because of his demonstrated flawlessness

and possessing such strength of character that he was dismaying and

at the same time utterly attractive in an enticing and forbidden way.” 
― Simona Panova, Nightmarish Sacrifice

EDacNJvUYAEaX4P?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 5

Just thinking today...two years is so so so so so so long! I have tried to hold off and go as long as possible before starting a rewatch of his work, but ahh, suddenly I gave in and am watching both W and School 2013 at once. (I feel like KC is a happier and more developed Go Nam Soon, just as I feel like Cha Eun Ho is a more mature form of Jae Chan.) Dang. Jongsuk is an amazing, irreplaceable actor. The feels are amazing. HOW? does he do it?? It has nothing to do with being an idol or with his looks (although they are very nice, too). It's just pure talent and hard work, with an effect that is indeniable. Thanks, Jongsuk. You've spoiled everyone else's acting for me. :)

7321_8a53.gif

KC-bw_zpslc4mr58x.jpg

14159271_1173277499397968_475705524_n-79

I know, when we miss him we should go to a bookstore and read a manwha go to the computer and watch a drama. But still. Someone send him scripts while he is away so that he's back on screen at the soonest opportunity possible after January 2, 2021. (Like can you manage it for January 3? :D )

• Like 7

5 hours ago, frozentundra said:

It's just pure talent and hard work, with an effect that is indeniable. Thanks, Jongsuk. You've spoiled everyone else's acting for me. :)

agreed. i've seen people (not here obviously) commenting on his acting saying he always has the same expression for the same situation, for example if he has to be sad he has a standard expression for that, same thing if he has to look surprised etc. the list is infinite. i don't understand how they could say that, considering he himself said he doesn't want his acting to become mechanical and all the same, meaning he puts effort into the emotions he conveys with his face (i feel like his eyes do a lot lot, they speak to me) and body language. perhaps there are better actors out there but a lot of them seem to be stuck in the same roles over and over (always chaebol, always police men, always action stuff etc.) while jongsuk is always trying new things with the desire to get better and show different shades of what he has inside, different sides of the potential he holds in his hands. i shared his worries and was afraid his acting would get monotonous (he said it after wyws era) but, if it ever got to that point, i am sure he would figure it out, just like when he told us about his uncertainty about his future acting career but still he gave us romance is a bonus book and he felt he grew up from it. how many actors do you know that do that? how many actors don't act just to act and feel their character into their bones? i honestly have yet to find another actor that makes me feel. he gets immersed in his roles to be as real as possible, even when they are really different from him he tries hard (see gwangil) and gets it right, with each work he acts better, and i don't know which jongsuk dramas they watched to state such things.

6 hours ago, frozentundra said:

Someone send him scripts while he is away so that he's back on screen at the soonest opportunity possible after January 2, 2021. (Like can you manage it for January 3? :D )

Girl, same! I can't wait until he comes back because while I love a lot of dramas and think there are many actors who are good at what they do, nobody can touch JS. It's the whole package, including the projects he chooses. I find myself wondering how quickly he'll jump back into things too. I understand wanting his first drama back to be perfect and that might mean taking his time selecting, but part of me hopes he already has something on the backburner waiting for him when he comes back. Does anybody know what happened to that drama he was suppose to do in 2018 (See You Again, I think it was called). I know it was cancelled and never made with anyone else either, but I guess I'm curious why. I've wondered if they dropped it because they wanted JS to star and when he couldn't for at least 3 years, they put it on the backburner. It seems like a lot of work to just give up on entirely. Wishful thinking, probably. But a girl has a lot of time to dream for the next year and 4 months.

It's weird because time is going by faster than I thought and slower than I thought at the same time. Half of me can't believe it's already been 179 days. Another half of me can't believe we have 487 left. 

9 minutes ago, kiyimae said:

i've seen people (not here obviously) commenting on his acting saying he always has the same expression for the same situation, for example if he has to be sad he has a standard expression for that, same thing if he has to look surprised etc. the list is infinite.

That seems like a silly complaint. Isn't that true to life? He only has one face and it looks the same when he cries, looks surprised, etc. If anything, I'd say he has done an amazing job at looking and acting different in every role. His voice wasn't even the same in VIP. I often think about how all of his characters seem like different people. To me, he doesn't look the same in W as he does in While You Were Sleeping. Or in Pinocchio compared to School 2013. He always finds a way to look different, act different, and bring something new to his roles. 

I've heard people say that his speech is very boring and monotone as well. I just can't with that. His voice is the first thing I fell in love with! I could listen to him all day, every day. I honestly think the people who feel this way haven't given him a fair chance or they have another favorite and have to raise them up by bringing Jongsuk down. 

• Like 6

@kiyimae I agree with everything you said! He plays all different characters and he plays them all with such feeling. Just very nuanced in the facial expression and body language, I agree. Even though his characters are different, you really feel whatever they are feeling. And yet, it never crosses over the line of too much. It's hard for me to watch other actors now; often they feel a bit wooden in the emotional scenes. (Not that there aren't other good ones out there, of course they are, I am not trying to slam other actors. But there is still something unique and special about his acting that no one else has.)

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, hilllllllly said:

It's the whole package, including the projects he chooses.

Yes! There are some people whose acting I really love, but sometimes I feel like they could have a better project to showcase it in. Maybe it's because I have the same taste in storylines, but he manages to pick characters and stories that I (and a lot of other people) really care about, so we can't help but cheer for his characters. I always know that 1) the acting will be wonderful and 2) it will be a story I actively WANT to watch.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, kiyimae said:

agreed. i've seen people (not here obviously) commenting on his acting saying he always has the same expression for the same situation,

@kiyimae just let them watch HOD specifically Kim Woo-Jin's confrontation scene with his father and these people having issues with Jong Suk's acting skills will , for sure, have a 360 degree turn on their opinion. That should settle it. :D All that restraining and quiver in his voice for some perfect lines...ughhh...one will never get enough of that scene.

• Like 6