Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

5 Things We Loved And 5 Things We Hated About “While You Were Sleeping” Episodes 7 And 8

Suzy-Lee-Jong-Suk2-e1508466134708.jpg

It’s the fourth week of SBS’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “While You Were Sleeping,” and things are really starting to heat up, in both the romance department and the prosecution office. What did we love and hate about this week’s episodes? Read on to find out!

'While You Were Sleeping' reaches a new personal best in viewer ratings

Suzy_lee-jong-suk_1508438206_0002998307_001_20171019082454500.jpg

SBS' 'While You Were Sleeping' has reached a new personal all-time high viewer ratings. 

According to Nielsen Korea, the episode aired on October 18 tallied up viewer ratings of 8.6% during the first half and rose to 10.0% for the second half of the show, setting a new personal best for the drama. This was a huge step up marking the series' first time in receiving such a high viewer ratings and in the double-digits.

Full article: https://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/10/while-you-were-sleeping-reaches-a-new-personal-best-in-viewer-ratings

• Like 3

Esquire Korea (Nov 2017) Interview Translation (Part 1)

Really noisy loneliness

Not even rested properly for once. Successful in all his dramas, drawing a sharp turning point through his movie. Record of conversation at 3pm with Lee Jong Suk, who as a star has no space to be lonely anywhere in the world, suddenly talked about fatigue and loneliness .

Lee Jong Suk has now become an actor who is impossible to predict. And the really surprising thing is that things are accomplished the way Lee Jong Suk has intended.

Rather than talking about my intention, I do think about my direction a lot in different stages. About my present situation and the direction I am going. To me, the self called Lee Jong Suk is really… I do a lot of monitoring on my work, I think a lot about Lee Jong Suk every day, I am working very hard to take a step away from this person called Lee Jong Suk.

As an actor, also as a person?

I get a lot of questions like this when I am interviewed? My strengths or what I want to praise myself about. Viewing myself objectively, now I can talk about a few of my weaknesses but it takes a bit of time to think about my strength.

So did you find it?

Hmm… I think my brain is pretty good.

Director Park Hoon Jung also counted being smart as one of the strengths of Lee Jong Suk. I also got a similar feeling. A really clever actor.

It is not like that. Responding intuitively according to the tempo or nuances of the other’s lines, the decibel, it is intuition of animals? That is not my style of acting. I am very academic. My acting style relies on calculations. I should follow the feelings and just act according to that person, but I search a lot from the external…

If so, then when you acted with Kim Myung Min, there should be a very different feeling. Since he is an actor who got an established reputation based on his precision in acting.

I have never seen sunbae’s NG. There is never any problem in articulation and he never forget his lines. That is called method acting? During filming, one works on living like that character. That’s why I often followed him around. I asked a lot, “Sunbae-nim, I can’t do this, will it be good if I act like this?”

You said that because you really did not know, right?

Right. I am familiar with drama, so I often do things mechanically. Because I think If I use this expression, then it is already enough to explain this situation. I do not want to do this but I have never done it in another way, I need a way to breakthrough from myself, and I cannot find the answer so I need help.

What advice was the most memorable?

Practical advice. He taught me in really great detail. When I ask, “Sunbae-nim, this scene is an emotional outburst, but if I yell here then it seems a bit over, and the energy seems to dropping, how should I do it?” He does not answer like this, “There is this kind of feeling, why, you know that right?” He answered in this way, “If you move your muscle here, then your expression can be seen more clearly, and if you move your body this way, your emotions can be conveyed like this.” He gave me really practical advice.

Eng.Trans: amyhsk

http://amyhsk.tumblr.com/post/166671565538/esquire-korea-nov-2017-interview-translation

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1