Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

Han Hyo Joo talks about acting with younger man Lee Jong Suk

lee-jong-suk-han-hyo-joo_1468867907_af_o

Actress Han Hyo Joo discussed working with a younger man in a drama for the first time ever through MBC's 'W' during the press conference on July 18.

Regarding working with a man who is two years younger but playing the same age as her in the production, Han Hyo Joo confessed, "I felt burdened.  Because I'm the same age as Lee Jong Suk in the drama, I cut my bangs.  I am working very hard to look even at least a year younger than I am.  I also do a lot of aegyo to Lee Jong Suk; we are having fun on set."

Lee Jong Suk said, "Han Hyo Joo is older than I am, but she's the same age in the drama, and even in real life, she's only two years older, so we're peers.  I don't particularly feel like she's an older woman.  Overall, when I'm saying my lines, I feel like the tone falls flat, but Han Hyo Joo goes off it with good sense.  She helps me acting-wise.  Filming on set is comfortable and lovable."

Watch them this week on July 20!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/07/han-hyo-joo-talks-about-acting-with-younger-man-lee-jong-suk

• Like 3

Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo promise a lot of skin ship and kisses in 'W'

lee-jong-suk-han-hyo-joo_1468868819_af_o

Han Hyo Joo and Lee Jong Suk discussed their chemistry during the press conference of their upcoming drama 'W'.

Lee Jong Suk stated, "There are a lot of things like skin ship with Han Hyo Joo [in the drama].  That's why, while doing this, I think I've become desensitized to it.  Our chemistry is good."  Then it must come off really naturally!

Han Hyo Joo added, "There are extremely a lot of kiss scenes in the drama.  Out of all that I've done up to this point, I think I've done the most kiss scenes [in this drama].  I feel like there'll be a high-ranking kiss scene out of all those."

You better look forward to it and tune in on July 20!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/07/lee-jong-suk-and-han-hyo-joo-promise-a-lot-of-skin-ship-and-kisses-in-w

• Like 3

Lee Jong Suk makes a kindhearted promise for 'W' viewer ratings

By alim17   

lee-jong-suk_1468868517_af_org.jpg

During the press conference for upcoming MBC drama, 'W' on July 18, Lee Jong Sukmade a promise for viewer ratings.

He hesitated at first, mulling it over with, "Before, they told me not to do this, but... Through 'W', I was able to do an MBC mini-drama for the first time ever. Also, it's my first production under my new agency. If I get over 20% viewer ratings, what do you think about all of the actors as well as the high-ranking executives of the production company and [the actors'] agencies doing volunteer service?"

Sounds great to me!  Good luck!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/07/lee-jong-suk-makes-a-kindhearted-promise-for-w-viewer-ratings

• Like 3

Lee Jong Suk talks competition with Kim Woo Bin

lee-jong-suk-kim-woo-bin_1468869232_af_o

Lee Jong Suk talked about his close friend and now competitor Kim Woo Bin during a recent event as they are both in separate dramas right now that will become rivals in the same time slot.

During the press conference for Lee Jong Suk's drama, 'W', on July 18, he was asked about Kim Woo Bin and his current drama 'Uncontrollably Fond.'

Lee Jong Suk said, "Kim Woo Bin asked me to make a cameo in 'Uncontrollably Fond' before I confirmed my appearance in 'W', so I almost did appear.  However, I was unable to make a cameo in 'Uncontrollably Fond' in the end because it airs the same time as 'W'. We have a symbiotic relationship to the point that we consider ourselves spiritual companions. We told each other, 'Whoever does well should buy a meal,' and support each other.

"Because of my busy schedule, I've been unable to watch 'Uncontrollably Fond' so far, but seeing the still cuts or previews, it seems that Kim Woo Bin worked out a lot.  I wondered about taking it off in my drama this time, too, but [after seeing his body] I decided not to." 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/07/lee-jong-suk-talks-competition-with-kim-woo-bin

• Like 2

Lee Jong Suk talks about moving to YG Entertainment

By alim17 

tumblr_inline_oajldhGznG1sp3v51_540.png

Actor Lee Jong Suk opened up about moving to the YG fam after joining YG Entertainment recently.

SEE ALSO: Lee Jong Suk makes a kindhearted promise for ‘W’ viewer ratings

During his press conference for 'W’ on July 18, he said, “I entered a new agency not too long ago.  I really like it.”  Also, the company is known to have a great cafeteria, but he said, “The food wasn’t as good as I thought it’d be.  I tried it,” causing laughter.  He concluded, “I think the stir-fried spicy pork tasted good.”

Source: allkpop

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/07/lee-jong-suk-talks-about-moving-to-yg-entertainment

• Like 3

Lee Jong Suk Opens Up About Competing With Best Friend Kim Woo Bin For Drama Ratings

Lee Jong Suk Opens Up About Competing With Best Friend Kim Woo Bin For Drama Ratings

During the press conference for the new drama “W” on July 18, actor Lee Jong Suk talked about having to compete with his friend Kim Woo Bin, who is starring in the drama “Uncontrollably Fond” that airs in the same time slot as “W.”

Lee Jong Suk says there is no sense of competition between him and his best friend, saying, “We are known to be best friends and we happen to star in dramas that air at the same time. Before being cast in ‘W,’ Kim Woo Bin asked me to make a cameo on ‘Uncontrollably Fond.’ But I couldn’t because of the overlapping air time. We maintain a symbiotic relationship. Rather then competing, we’re cheering each other on and wanting to have dinner together some time.”

Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo‘s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “W” will premiere on July 20 at 10 p.m. KST on MBC, while Kim Woo Bin and Suzy‘s drama “Uncontrollably Fond” is currently airing on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:55 p.m. KST on KBS.

Source (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2016/07/18/lee-jong-suk-opens-competing-best-friend-kim-woo-bin-drama-ratings/

• Like 2

Lee Jong-suk plays murderer for ‘W’

Angela Jung, July 18, 2016, 9:39 a.m.

Model turned actor Lee Jong-suk returns to the small screen as a murderer for the upcoming MBC drama “W.” The first stills for the drama, released on Monday, show Lee being apprehended by the police and taken to jail and court.

w_071816_01.jpeg

Lee can also be seen sporting an orange prison jumpsuit and holding a piercing gaze as he is restrained by a group of officers.

Lee will be playing the role of Kang-chul an imaginary character in the webtoon “W.” He has been described as an 18-year-old gold medalist and national star who also owns abroadcasting company and has a vast refinery of wealth at his disposal. 

Lee will be acting alongside actress Han Hyo-joo, who will be playing the role of a rookie doctor who gets sucked into the webtoon “W” and builds a romantic relationship with Lee.

w_071816_02.jpeg

In anticipation for the drama, Chorok Baem Media released the first stills and revealed that Lee‘s character has a haunting past that catches up to him and leads to murder charges. After he is convicted of murder, Kang-chul explodes with rage but is restrained by thecorrectional officers. 

The drama “W” is scheduled to air at 10 p.m on Wednesday.

http://www.koogle.tv/media/news/lee-jong-suk-play-murderer-for-w/

• Like 2

Will Lee Jong-suk and Han Hyo-joo's "W" overtake "Uncontrollably Fond" Suzy and Kim Woo-bin?

photo747767.jpg

Youth stars Lee Jong-suk and Han Hyo-joo ae eyeing Wednesday and Thursday peak.

While "Lucky Romance" starring Hwang Jeong-eum and Ryu Jun-yeol ended in third place recently, many people are awaiting the highly hyped "W". The leading drama at the moment is "Uncontrollably Fond" starring Kim Woo-bin and Suzy. It is very possible for "W" to rebound.

"W" is written by Song Jae-jeong and directed by Jeong Dae-yoon.

Song is famous for his unique selection of genre and he is doing the same again. "W" is a romantic suspense melodrama that goes back and forth reality and fantasy.

Yeon-joo lives in the reality world and Kang Cheol lives in the fantasy. The story starts with imaginations such as, "What if a woman falls into the web-toon world and falls in love with the male character?", "What if she realizes that she's meant to be the leading character of a famous comic?" and "What if a character from a comic comes alive and leaves the hands of the artist?"

At the premiere of the drama on the 18th, director Jeong said, "I planned on making this drama mostly pre-produced and we have completed 8 episodes. There is imagination that no other drama has presented before. It was hard but it was worth a try".

photo747768.jpg

He continued, "There's a lot to prepare and many parts of the drama required after-touches so not all of it could be made ahead of time. We referred to various resources like dramas and movies".

There are some parts which might be tough for the viewers to understand. Jeong said, "The imagination itself is unique and nothing like this has been seen before in Korea. I am worried how the public might accept this".

Jeong added, "Genre dramas are becoming popular and I standardized the colors in reality and the web-toon to let the viewers understand better. The parts of Lee Jong-suk and Han Hyo-joo are important as well and they have done a good job so far".

The drama is expected to be an MBC savior. Director Jeong hopes the first episode brings it up to 24.2%.

Lee Jong-suk is back with "W" since "Pinocchio" as a former gold medalist and current venture entrepreneur named Kang Cheol.

Lee Jong-suk said, "Anyone would have wanted to be in this drama. It's not like any drama you'll meet again". About his character he said, "I don't think he's different in reality nor fantasy. Visual is important so I am taking care to wear the right clothes.

About his best friend Kim Woo-bin's "Uncontrollably Fond", Lee Jong-suk said, "Kim asked me to be in his drama for a special appearance but that fell through because "W" is broadcasting at the same time".

The chemistry between Lee Jong-suk and Han Hyo-joo who is two years older than him, is interesting. He said, "When I first saw Han Hyo-joo, she was fair, long and pretty. She's a couple years older than me but we are the same age in the drama".

photo747769.jpg

Han Hyo-joo takes on the role of a second-year resident doctor named Oh Yeon-joo. She is back for the first time in 6 years since "Dong Yi" in 2010.

Han Hyo-joo said, "It's been a while since I've been in a drama and I think it's a great one. I can't wait to see the next script".

"I wanted to try something dramatic and "W" is a dream come true for me. I feel pressure because it's been a while since I've been in a drama. I haven't been able to sleep for a few days now".

About her first impression of Lee Jong-suk, she said, "He was fair, long and had a good voice. He is perfect in the drama. He's good looking, sexy, rich and well-mannered".

"There are so many kiss scenes with him. I cut my hair to make myself look younger and I am very charming to Lee Jong-suk".

About Suzy, Han says she never thought of her as a rival.

"I think society instigates rivalry. It's more important what kind of drama we are making. I am more concerned about what they say about me and not about others. It's also important to enjoy this drama as an actress".

Yeon-joo's father and web-toon artist Oh Seong-moo is played by Kim Ee-seong and Park Won-sang is Han Cheol-ho, a PA. Other casts are Lee Tae-hwan, Eugene Jung, Lee Si-eon and others.

The drama can be seen on the 20th at 10PM.

http://www.hancinema.net/will-lee-jong-suk-and-han-hyo-joo-s-w-overtake-uncontrollably-fond-suzy-and-kim-woo-bin--96813.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 2

Lee Jong Suk And Han Hyo Joo’s First “Bloody” Meeting Raises Anticipation For “W”

Lee Jong Suk And Han Hyo Joo’s First “Bloody” Meeting Raises Anticipation For “W”

MBC’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “W” has released preview stills of Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo’s “bloody” first encounter!

In the photos, Kang Chul (Lee Jong Suk) is bleeding severely looking as though he has been attacked, and Oh Yeon Joo (Han Hyo Joo) is trying to save him since she is a doctor.

Han Hyo Joo Lee Jong Suk W2

This is how the two characters meet for the first time, and it’s suspenseful right from the start. In the drama, Oh Yeon Joo picks Kang Chul as her ideal type, so fans are curious how she will react when seeing him in real life after getting sucked into the webtoon “W.”

With Han Hyo Joo’s father being a famous manhwa artist Oh Sung Moo (Kim Ui Sung), anticipation rises as Han Hyo Joo and Lee Jong Suk will be in the middle of many thrilling events to come.

Han Hyo Joo Lee Jong Suk W3

The drama starts as Oh Sung Moo goes missing with the last chapter of his manhwa unwritten, and Han Hyo Joo goes to his office to find him. Then something takes over her and she gets sucked into the webtoon.

The production company of “W” stated, “Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo’s dramatic first encounter will leave the viewers breathless. The relationship between Kang Chul, Han Hyo Joo, and Oh Sung Moo will get more and more interesting as the episodes continue so please look forward to it. The staff and the actors are working hard and sweating under the hot weather so please give lots of love.”

“W” will air on July 20 at 10 p.m. KST.

soompi

http://www.soompi.com/2016/07/18/lee-jong-suk-han-hyo-joos-first-bloody-meeting-raises-anticipation-w/

• Like 2

Two worlds collide in MBC mini-series ‘W’

From romance to comedy to suspense, it is difficult to box MBC’s upcoming 16-episode mini-series “W” in one genre. 

Featuring model-turned-actor Lee Jong-suk and actress Han Hyo-joo, “W” follows the romance that develops between a man and a woman living in two different dimensions, unknowingly “helping each other discover life’s purpose,” according to director Jung Dae-yoon at the press conference held at MBC headquarters in Sangam-dong, Seoul on Monday.

Riddled with doubts about her competence, the female protagonist Oh Yeon-joo, a doctor in her 30s played by Han, finds herself teleporting between reality and an alternate dimension, where she gets involved with the Olympic gold medalist and media mogul Kang Chul, portrayed by Lee. Created by Oh’s renowned cartoonist father, played by actor Kim Eui-sung, the fantasy world began innocently as the artist’s new project titled “W.” 

“I feel very lucky and grateful to have received (the drama’s) script,” said Han, who is returning to primetime television after a six-year hiatus. “I’ve been very drawn to this role, and often found myself treating this fantasy situation as if it were real.”

20160719000257_0.jpg

Actors Lee Jong-suk (left) and Han Hyo-joo pose for a photo at the press conference for upcoming mini-series “W” at MBC headquarters in Seoul on July 18. (Yonhap)

According to Jung, “W” is unprecedented and such mixed genre has never been attempted in a Korean drama. Although this may attract viewers out of curiosity, it also comes with its own set of challenges.

“We are planning on including a recap before the start of every episode,” said Jung when asked about the possibility of viewers potentially losing interest due to the constant back-and-forth between the two dimensions. “Also the actors have been great at personifying real-life emotions that people can easily empathize with. I don’t think the audience will have a big issue following the plot.”

Additionally, given the drama’s unique narrative, there is just as much focus on the show’s visual effects as the actors’ performances, both of which lead each other to produce a cohesive product, said Jung. 

However, when “W” and KBS’ globally-beloved romance drama “Uncontrollably Fond” are set to air simultaneously, the new melodrama series may have to jump over additional hurdles to attract and retain viewers. 

“Rather than thinking of (“Uncontrollably Fond”) as our competitor, it is our priority to focus on self-development and produce the best show we can,” said Han. 

Replacing the recently-concluded series “Lucky Romance,” “W” will air on MBC every Wednesday and Thursday at 10 p.m., starting Wednesday.

By Kim Yu-young (ivykim@heraldcorp.com)

source: http://khnews.kheraldm.com/view.php?ud=20160719000234&md=20160719135557_BL

• Like 2

tumblr_oajokab3Tz1sh32sgo1_1280.jpg

Lee Jong Suk Instagram Update 19 July 2016 with Hanhyojoo 

와.. 진짜 너무 덥다.. 와.. 진짜.. 와.. 와… 이건.. 와… 아아아아아아악 

WAH.. Really very hot.. Wah.. Really.. Wah.. Wah.. This.. Wah.., AhAhAhAhAhAhArk

• Like 3