Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

9 hours ago, Panther4eva said:

Would have helped if I remembered to copy link!

hahaha, I was wondering what I missed. Thanks for the link! The comments seem to think this move could be temporary because it's unusual for a single agency to be the home of more than one actor of Jongsuk's and Song Joongki's caliber. I'm not sure I agree with that, but it's good to see other opinions.

8 hours ago, jongkkot said:

does anyone know why the korean pronunciation for history d&c is "haistory" and not the usual way history is spelled in english?

Korean doesn't have a sound quite like the English "i", so they often put two of their vowels together to help create a similar sound; 아 like the A in autumn and 이 like the E in east. Just like history (하이스토리), ice cream is spelled with the same rule (아이스크림). It might seem weird (and depending on regional accents, it might not even sound right) but when I say 아이 (ah-ee) really fast, it does sound very similar to the English "i". 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, hilllllllly said:

Korean doesn't have a sound quite like the English "i", so they often put two of their vowels together to help create a similar sound; 아 like the A in autumn and 이 like the E in east. Just like history (하이스토리), ice cream is spelled with the same rule (아이스크림). It might seem weird (and depending on regional accents, it might not even sound right) but when I say 아이 (ah-ee) really fast, it does sound very similar to the English "i". 

the ice cream example is not a good one because the "i" in the word ice cream is not the same "i" in the word history. of course 아이스크림 is spelled this way, it's the right way it is pronounced in english. why not spell history as 히스토리 instead?

• Like 1

Does anyone know a fully bilingual Korean who could answer this? The word is history in English, but maybe in Korean they mean hi(gh) story? Because if you wanted to transliterate the word "history" in hangul, I'd expect it to come out more like 히스토리 (which yes, would sound like hee-story, but would be understandable as something intended to mean history).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jongkkot said:

the ice cream example is not a good one because the "i" in the word ice cream is not the same "i" in the word history. of course 아이스크림 is spelled this way, it's the right way it is pronounced in english. why not spell history as 히스토리 instead?

My example was fine, I just forgot to clarify what @frozentundra said. It isn't history, it's hi-story, making it the same 'I' as ice cream. That is very clearly displayed on their website in the design and in the URL. 

https://www.hi-story.co.kr/

They also say it's, Hi(gh)+STORY and explain why in their "about" section.

Sorry for the confusion, @jongkkot! I didn't mean to talk down to you or sound condescending in any way. I should have realized that you weren't confused about how the spelling worked, but the pronunciation. 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome 1

So, New Movie posted a half-concealed schedule for all the Witch 2 promo, as well as info for the event happening in a few hours

There will be a live event with the director, Cynthia, Park Eunbin, Seo Eunsoo, Jingoo, Sung Yubin, and Jo Minsoo happening soon (Tuesday, May 24 @ 11am KST). It says on the post that participants are subject to change, but it looks like Jongsuk won't be a part of this. I realize it isn't his movie and we were told his scenes were limited, but if they are going to use him in the trailer and stills so heavily, I don't see why he couldn't also be part of this. I'm a little bummed about that.

It looks like there will also be something happening on Monday, May 30th, and then three more things between then and Tuesday, June 7, as well as four more things leading up to the premiere. I'm just not sure if we should anticipate Jongsuk to be part of any of it or not... :unsure:

• Like 4

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Shin Si Ah Is An Awakened Force That Must Be Stopped In “The Witch” Sequel Starring Lee Jong Suk, Jin Goo, Park Eun Bin, And More

“The Witch: Part 2. The Other One” has released its main trailer!

“The Witch: Part 2. The Other One” is the sequel to “The Witch: Part 1. The Subversion,” and follows the story of a young girl (played by Shin Si Ah) who escapes a secret laboratory after being the only one to survive an accident that leaves the lab in ruins. The action film depicts the numerous forces with different motives that gather to chase down the young girl.

The trailer begins with a swarm of anonymous individuals wearing gas masks as they attack the secret laboratory. The disaster leaves only one survivor – a young girl who is referred to as test subject “Ark1 Datum point.” As the “standard” child of the witch project, this young girl serves as a clue to the origin of the witch universe.

As the child wanders aimlessly, numerous forces step forward to track her down, including Jang (Lee Jong Suk), who eerily asks Dr. Baek (Jo Min Soo), “Who would have let that child out?”

A mysterious incident leads her to join forces with Kyung Hee (Park Eun Bin), who tells her, “Come with me.” Kyung Hee later takes the young girl home and says, “Thank you. Thanks to you, I lived.”

Jang, in addition to Dr. Baek, Jo Hyun (Seo Eun Soo), Yong Doo (Jin Goo), and more get closer in their chase for the young girl as someone asks her, “You really don’t know who you are, do you? Or are you just acting like that?”

Everyone tracking her down starts learning just how powerful the young witch is as someone firmly states, “We must get rid of her.”

Watch the full trailer here!

“The Witch: Part 2. The Other One” hits theaters on June 15. Check out another trailer here!

Watch: Shin Si Ah Is An Awakened Force That Must Be Stopped In “The Witch” Sequel Starring Lee Jong Suk, Jin Goo, Park Eun Bin, And More | Soompi

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Watch: Shin Si Ah Is An Awakened Force That Must Be Stopped In “The Witch” Sequel Starring Lee Jong Suk, Jin Goo, Park Eun Bin, And More

“The Witch: Part 2. The Other One” has released its main trailer!

“The Witch: Part 2. The Other One” is the sequel to “The Witch: Part 1. The Subversion” and follows the story of a young girl (played by Shin Si Ah) who escapes a secret laboratory after being the only one to survive an accident that leaves the lab in ruins. The action film depicts the numerous forces with different motives that gather to chase down the young girl.

The trailer begins with a swarm of anonymous individuals wearing gas masks as they attack the secret laboratory. The disaster leaves only one survivor – a young girl who is referred to as test subject “Ark1 Datum point.” As the “standard” child of the witch project, this young girl serves as a clue to the origin of the witch universe.

As the child wanders aimlessly, numerous forces step forward to track her down, including Jang (Lee Jong Suk), who eerily asks Dr. Baek (Jo Min Soo), “Who would have let that child out?”

A mysterious incident leads her to join forces with Kyung Hee (Park Eun Bin), who tells her, “Come with me.” Kyung Hee later takes the young girl home and says, “Thank you. Thanks to you, I lived.”

Jang, in addition to Dr. Baek, Jo Hyun (Seo Eun Soo), Yong Doo (Jin Goo), and more get closer in their chase for the young girl as someone asks her, “You really don’t know who you are, do you? Or are you just acting like that?”

Everyone tracking her down starts learning just how powerful the young witch is as someone firmly states, “We must get rid of her.”

Watch the full trailer here!

“The Witch: Part 2. The Other One” hits theaters on June 15.

hello @backstreetboysfan .. :D thanks again hun for letting us know. it's definitely a must watch. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

On 5/23/2022 at 11:47 PM, hilllllllly said:

So, New Movie posted a half-concealed schedule for all the Witch 2 promo, as well as info for the event happening in a few hours

There will be a live event with the director, Cynthia, Park Eunbin, Seo Eunsoo, Jingoo, Sung Yubin, and Jo Minsoo happening soon (Tuesday, May 24 @ 11am KST). It says on the post that participants are subject to change, but it looks like Jongsuk won't be a part of this. I realize it isn't his movie and we were told his scenes were limited, but if they are going to use him in the trailer and stills so heavily, I don't see why he couldn't also be part of this. I'm a little bummed about that.

It looks like there will also be something happening on Monday, May 30th, and then three more things between then and Tuesday, June 7, as well as four more things leading up to the premiere. I'm just not sure if we should anticipate Jongsuk to be part of any of it or not... :unsure:

I get why LJS would figure strongly in promo’s for obvious reasons, but I appreciate his courtesy to the main characters in not participating in the roadshow.  You kinda feel that if he was on the platform the focus and attention would be on him rather than the movie and the main characters and crew.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Panther4eva said:

I appreciate his courtesy to the main characters in not participating in the roadshow.  You kinda feel that if he was on the platform the focus and attention would be on him rather than the movie and the main characters and crew.

I totally agree, but I do think it's a double-edge sword. His presence could gain further attention to the press conference and interviews, giving more of a platform to the movie and other actors. But yes, there is also a risk of putting too much emphasis on him when he's not the star of the movie.

When I wrote my original comment, I was just reacting as a big fan who has really, really missed him after 3 and a half years. I had just realized the thing we were waiting for was a press conference he wouldn't be part of, so I was disappointed. Jongsuk hasn't been a side character or bit-part in anything for a decade now, so it's hard for that to be first thing we see him doing after such a long time. He is usually front and center and while I am so happy for the cast of Witch 2 (and love that he gave them their moment), I can't wait until he can shine without having to graciously bow out of promo and appearances. 

Then again, I'm not totally sure whether he wasn't there because of personal reasons or because he isn't a big enough part of the movie. He's the only one who has his own character poster that wasn't at the press conference...

• Like 4