Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

South Korean Drama ‘W’ Holds Press Conference with Han Hyo Joo and Lee Jong Suk

Hyo Jin Lee, July 18, 2016, 7:57 a.m.

A 30-year-old doctor who never thought she was cut out for the job is one day drawn into one of her father's webtoons and meets its hero -- the handsome, rich, and altogether perfect Kang Chul. That's the romance side of "W," the new MBC TV series scheduled to air this week. But it's only one of many genres the drama aims to cover, according to its director Jung Dae-yoon, who claimed it's the first of its kind for Korean TV.

7-18_w_3.jpg

"It's the story of a man and a woman who discover their reason for existence while living in different dimensions in Seoul in 2016," he said in a press conference where he was joined by some of the main actors, including Han Hyo-joo and Lee Jong-suk. "There's suspense, horror, comedy and romance."

As the story goes back and forth between reality and the virtual world inside the webtoon of the same name, "W," Dr. Oh Yeon-joo (Han) struggles to keep Kang alive as the Olympic gold medalist and media mogul falls into one dangerous situation after another. The two are soon inseparable, much to the dismay of Oh's father and Kang's creator, the cartoonist Oh Sung-moo (Kim Eui-sung).

7-18_w_1.jpg

"Even though the setting is a fantasy, there were moments as I acted when it felt very real," said Han, who is appearing in her first TV series in six years. "It's my hope and wish that our viewers will also be drawn into the setting. I've already fallen deep into it and it's a lot of fun and very original." Both Han and Lee confessed to choosing the drama for its script.

"Any actor who had a chance to read the script would have wanted to do it," Lee said. "I thought it was the kind of script I wouldn't be able to come across twice, so it's been an honor for me to shoot it." Han was especially careful in her selection as it was her first after a long break. “I thought that if I were to do a drama again, I would do a dramatic one," she said. "As soon as I received the script, it felt like my dream had come true."

7-18_w_2.jpg

That doesn't mean she isn't nervous, though. "I feel a lot of pressure. I haven't been able to sleep for days," the actress admitted, saying there are certain expectations that come with being an established thespian. Her most recent work was the 2016 film "Love, Lies" in which she plays a "gisaeng," or a professional female entertainer who served famous Confucians and dignitaries during Korea's Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910).

For Lee, who is two years Han's junior in real life, playing a character the same age as her didn't pose any difficulties. In fact, he credited Han with helping his acting. "We're filming in a comfortable and adorable way," he said, adding that there are a lot of romantic scenes between the two. "It's great," he said with a sheepish grin.

http://www.koogle.tv/media/news/south-korean-drama-w-holds-press-conference-with-han-hyo-joo-and-lee-jong-suk/

• Like 2

Actress Han Hyo Joo and actor Lee Jong Suk attend press conference for their upcoming drama 'W'

f9006bc9d201e850e5e0b9fa1569a870_1468828

Upcoming MBC drama 'W' held a press conference this afternoon. The cast of this drama including actress Han Hyo Joo, and actor Lee Jong Suk attended this event. Joo. Jong Suk will play the male lead named Kang Chul, who is CEO of a venture capital firm. Hyo Joo will star in this drama in the  role of heart surgeon, Oh Yeon Joo.

Reveal hidden contents

'W' was written by writer Song Jae-Jung, who wrote TvN's drama 'Nine : Nine time travels.' The producer of the drama 'She Was Pretty,' Jung Dae-Yoon, will be in charge of production. The first episode of this drama will be broadcast on July 20 at 10 p.m. KST on MBC!

Hide contents

f9006bc9d201e850e5e0b9fa1569a870_1468829

Photos from drama 'W'

Korea.com's Emily You contributed to this report from Seoul. [E-mail: maintyoung@korea.com]

http://www1.korea.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=DRAMA&wr_id=1093

• Like 2

Comedian Kim Gi Wook Talks About His Unique Past With Lee Jong Suk

Comedian Kim Gi Wook Talks About His Unique Past With Lee Jong Suk

During his radio guest appearance on SBS LoveFM’s “Two Man Show” on July 19, comedian Kim Gi Wook talks about his meddling personality and how he used to own a store in Apgujeong Rodeo Street, but it failed.

Kim Gi Wook Two man Show

Notably, the comedian reveals, “At the time, hallyu star Lee Jong Suk was one of my part-time workers.”

He explains, “He used to call me ‘Boss.’ We were reunited when I made a cameo in one of his dramas, ‘Doctor Stranger.’ Lee Jong Suk warmly welcomed me [at the time].”

However, Kim Gi Wook confesses, “The first thing I did when we met again was apologize for unfairly making him work too much [when I was his boss]. Even now, I can’t contact him directly because I feel too embarrassed.”

Meanwhile, actor Lee Jong Suk will be starring in “W” alongside Han Hyo Joo, which premieres tonight, July 20 KST.

Can you imagine a younger Lee Jong Suk as a part-time worker?

Source (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2016/07/19/comedian-kim-gi-wook-talks-unique-past-lee-jong-suk/

• Like 2