Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

Wow. His follower count is rising steadily. I guess that's to be expected, given the circumstances...

2022 was really a fantastic year for Jongsuk. Whether it was an interview, press conference, theater greeting, fan meeting, etc. I definitely noticed a huge amount of personal growth. He just kept exceeding my expectations. There was something... a new-found confidence (?) about him that I couldn't put my finger on. When I found out that his speech at the MBC awards clocked in at over 5 minutes, I was stunned. OUR Jongsuk? He could practice all he wanted, but nothing used to stop his nerves from getting the best of him in high pressure moments like that. They will never fade completely, but I just want to say how impressed I am with his growth. I know he credits a certain someone for this, but nobody else can make those changes but himself. He truly is growing up.

And speaking of which, I am very pleased with how this dating stuff has played out. Both his and IU's fans have been very kind to one another. I saw so many posts from people on both sides welcoming each other to the family, declaring us a team, exchanging information, etc. I expected backlash and outrage, but what I've seen is the healthiest dating announcement I think we're ever bound to experience. I'm also very impressed by both Jongsuk and IU for being so forthcoming about everything. I don't believe I've seen many actors being so open right out the gate. I think it'll serve them well to do things a little differently than what we usually see. So far, so good!

I don't think I ever in my wildest dreams imagined that Jongsuk would be part of a power couple of this magnitude, but he seems prepared for whatever that means moving forward. I do hope and pray that he stays happy, safe, and respected. That's all I ask for. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, hilllllllly said:

Wow. His follower count is rising steadily. I guess that's to be expected, given the circumstances...

2022 was really a fantastic year for Jongsuk. Whether it was an interview, press conference, theater greeting, fan meeting, etc. I definitely noticed a huge amount of personal growth. He just kept exceeding my expectations. There was something... a new-found confidence (?) about him that I couldn't put my finger on. When I found out that his speech at the MBC awards clocked in at over 5 minutes, I was stunned. OUR Jongsuk? He could practice all he wanted, but nothing used to stop his nerves from getting the best of him in high pressure moments like that. They will never fade completely, but I just want to say how impressed I am with his growth. I know he credits a certain someone for this, but nobody else can make those changes but himself. He truly is growing up.

And speaking of which, I am very pleased with how this dating stuff has played out. Both his and IU's fans have been very kind to one another. I saw so many posts from people on both sides welcoming each other to the family, declaring us a team, exchanging information, etc. I expected backlash and outrage, but what I've seen is the healthiest dating announcement I think we're ever bound to experience. I'm also very impressed by both Jongsuk and IU for being so forthcoming about everything. I don't believe I've seen many actors being so open right out the gate. I think it'll serve them well to do things a little differently than what we usually see. So far, so good!

I don't think I ever in my wildest dreams imagined that Jongsuk would be part of a power couple of this magnitude, but he seems prepared for whatever that means moving forward. I do hope and pray that he stays happy, safe, and respected. That's all I ask for. 

Yeah, I think that as well. He is I so agree nod.

I am happy how it come out as well. They both did good. He does which is good and that is what I hope for as well.

I hope to see a new drama as well soon, that would be nice.

• Like 5

Congratulations to Lee Jongsuk and IU. I am more than happy to know that these two beautiful people inside out are in a relationship now. Being in love makes one to be a better version of themselves. I love their declarations of love for each other especially how LJS referred his love to IU like Kang Dan-i in RiABB. Love is in the air.

:fullofhearts:

• Like 5

8 hours ago, frozentundra said:

I always hoped he would be able to reveal his own news instead of being outed by reporters, and I also hoped he would write a letter in his fan cafe about it. I think that's what he wanted, too, so I'm glad he could do that.

Yeah, I really do think it worked out beautifully. It feels like everything fell into place so divinely for him. Dispatch was on his tail, but what could have been really upsetting turned into such a stand-out, opportune moment for him. A beautiful ending to the year, and a wonderful start to the new year. He deserves it all. 

I keep thinking back on how often Jongsuk has mentioned a desire to be more extroverted lately, and I can honestly see why. The attention he'll receive after this will be different than what he experienced in the past. I already see the level of scrutiny and interest rising. I'm really hoping that he can find a project he's really excited about, and make a quick transition. I would love to see his relationship become a comfortable, everyday part of his public life without taking anything away from the individual work they both do. I know Korean couples are under a lot of pressure to stay hidden and afraid, but I hope that seeing these two highly-prominent celebrities dating without a million apprehensions can encourage positive change moving forward.

ETA: I also wanted to touch on the timeline of their relationship for a minute without getting too gossipy. 

I see a lot of people referencing their 4-month long relationship. I understand that Dispatch gave that timeline, but neither IU or Jongsuk clarified when their relationship went from friends to more. In his speech, he said he was struggling post-military and she brought him out of a bad place (which was relevant to the award he was accepting and a contradiction to Dispatch's report), but he never said that was or wasn't the beginning of their relationship. Aside from the fact that they haven't been dating for a full decade, we really have no idea when this started.

I think this is important to point out for many reasons, but mostly because I've seen judgements being held, opinions being shared, and assumptions being made based on this unconfirmed information. What you expect from a new relationship isn't the same as what you would expect from a longer-term established relationship, and we don't know which this is. I just don't want fans to be surprised or confused if they've been together longer than reported. 

• Like 6

Oh, I really, really, really hope this report means we'll be getting news soon! I'm so happy that Jongsuk has been able to take a break from filming for the last 9 months, but I would love nothing more than news about this year's project(s).

He said back in July 2022 that he would like to do something with "characters who are based in reality. Ordinary characters and dialogue." He said, "I like watching stuff like that because it makes me feel relaxed, so it would be nice to try. Then the viewers will feel comfortable watching and I might even see myself in a new light."

I think that sounds great, so I'm really curious to see if that thought is going to stick.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, hilllllllly said:

Oh, I really, really, really hope this report means we'll be getting news soon! I'm so happy that Jongsuk has been able to take a break from filming for the last 9 months, but I would love nothing more than news about this year's project(s).

He said back in July 2022 that he would like to do something with "characters who are based in reality. Ordinary characters and dialogue." He said, "I like watching stuff like that because it makes me feel relaxed, so it would be nice to try. Then the viewers will feel comfortable watching and I might even see myself in a new light."

I think that sounds great, so I'm really curious to see if that thought is going to stick.

I hope he chooses a romcom or a slice of life drama. I don't like heavy action psychological genres. Big Mouth was in prison, for example, it wasn't my favorite style. Even though Ljs showed excellent acting. I really liked the romcom and slice of life genre. I also liked the series that he made with fantastic drama elements. My favorite is W and Pinocchio dramas. I hope he can find something like that. He can be choose medical and historical drama type too he didn't do many of those genres. I guess it depends on him, I hope he finds a good script. I think screenwriters can't write as well as they used to, probably Ljs finds the best out there. I used to watch a lot of TV series, but nowadays psychological genres are always successful. I find very heavy, dark and overwhelming in these styles. Then I looked at the TV series that were shot in 2010-14 period, and they were always made in warm tones, which are refreshing. Also koreans start the drama well but don't know how to write the drama ending.  I hope Jongsuk's can find a good character development and well-written script.

• Like 3

@Selin Eroğlu Me too. I was just thinking the other day that these villains and dark psychological thrillers do show a wide acting range, but when I watch a show, I'm watching it for the story. The pendulum seems to have swung towards noir and thrillers right now, but I hope there is soon room for warmer dramas again. (I sometimes stalk 2014-2018 for happy endings, lol.) My favorite kind of roles that I've seen LJS in are the ones that are warm and that force him to struggle and come out a better version of himself at the end. I Hear Your Voice--he has to learn to fight for justice without turning vengeful and turning into Min Joon Kook. Pinocchio--he has to navigate between the two core virtues of justice and love of family. W--he finds out his whole life is a lie, will he just give up and kill himself, or find a new meaning in his life? (which ultimately turns him into a real person). Things like that. Just being or becoming an evil character is far less interesting to me. I want to see him fight against himself and WIN. That kind of story is more interesting to me. (Even if I can still applaud his amazing acting in other kinds of roles.)

And yes, please, we want satisfying endings that make sense!

• Like 4

On 1/4/2023 at 5:45 AM, hilllllllly said:

Yeah, I really do think it worked out beautifully. It feels like everything fell into place so divinely for him. Dispatch was on his tail, but what could have been really upsetting turned into such a stand-out, opportune moment for him. A beautiful ending to the year, and a wonderful start to the new year. He deserves it all. 

I keep thinking back on how often Jongsuk has mentioned a desire to be more extroverted lately, and I can honestly see why. The attention he'll receive after this will be different than what he experienced in the past. I already see the level of scrutiny and interest rising. I'm really hoping that he can find a project he's really excited about, and make a quick transition. I would love to see his relationship become a comfortable, everyday part of his public life without taking anything away from the individual work they both do. I know Korean couples are under a lot of pressure to stay hidden and afraid, but I hope that seeing these two highly-prominent celebrities dating without a million apprehensions can encourage positive change moving forward.

ETA: I also wanted to touch on the timeline of their relationship for a minute without getting too gossipy. 

I see a lot of people referencing their 4-month long relationship. I understand that Dispatch gave that timeline, but neither IU or Jongsuk clarified when their relationship went from friends to more. In his speech, he said he was struggling post-military and she brought him out of a bad place (which was relevant to the award he was accepting and a contradiction to Dispatch's report), but he never said that was or wasn't the beginning of their relationship. Aside from the fact that they haven't been dating for a full decade, we really have no idea when this started.

I think this is important to point out for many reasons, but mostly because I've seen judgements being held, opinions being shared, and assumptions being made based on this unconfirmed information. What you expect from a new relationship isn't the same as what you would expect from a longer-term established relationship, and we don't know which this is. I just don't want fans to be surprised or confused if they've been together longer than reported. 

I just want to tell you I am doing some backtrack reading of this topic and you such a good fan!

Thank you

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Lilona said:

I just want to tell you I am doing some backtrack reading of this topic and you such a good fun!

Thank you

Aw, thank you! Sometimes I just feel long-winded and complicated. It's nice to hear something so nice. :heartxoxo:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, hilllllllly said:

Aw, thank you! Sometimes I just feel long-winded and complicated. It's nice to hear something so nice. :heartxoxo:

I like to read long thoughts abt favourites.

Actually I can't call myself fan of LJS, who followed him closely but as I am watching Kdramas for 20 years, I watched almost all his works except RITBB (not in nuna romance), Doctor stranger (started and dropped bcs of FL and just didn't drew me in) and Big Mouth (bcs I don't watch drama with BE). And I need to say he is that actor that just didn't fail in choosing good and interesting drama's scripts.

So I am waiting for his next work.

Also, want to say smth abt his rs reveal, I read many of Knetz comments on theqoo and it seems like from his speech at MBC alone they were sure whoever he adressed in this speech, LJS is very serious about. It was funny to read comments like: Is he proposes and what is going on? Lol.

Mb bcs I liked both LJS and IU I am so glad for both of them and they received blessings from everywhere. Which is quite rare and also shows, how good they are to their fans.

Also, I know how it is hard to him to make an award speeches, so him manage to finish all what he want to say! Kudos to him.

I think for now both will be lowkey but they both always were quite lowkey so it is okay.

I think all celebrities also need this quiet time for themselves. They already give to fans so much.

Happy New Year to everyone!

• Like 6

I've seen a lot of desperation from both fandoms for Jongsuk and IU to climb out of their hiding spot(s) and interact with the public again, but I'm not sure fans outside of Korea understand the level of scrutiny they are currently under. I recorded my screen while scrolling the "이종석 아이유" (lee jong suk iu) search term on youtube. Two straight minutes of fast-paced scrolling, and the gossip videos (similar to what we saw him use to his advantage in Big Mouth) are endless. I literally can't reach the bottom.

Similarly, when IU posted an advertisement on IG a few days ago, every news publication rushed to write an article about her first sign of life since the news broke. The media in Korea isn't even referring to them separately, but rather, as Lee Jong Suk ♥ IU. 

Screen-Shot-2023-01-13-at-10-13-45-AM.pn

In fact, MBC (who should have more respect since BM was their only break-out drama last year) sent a camera crew to the resort they stayed at in Japan and interviewed people about them. It's kind of a freak show, but not necessarily something a lot of international fans are aware of. I wanted to post this here and make sure to emphasize the stress and anxiety they are probably feeling as a result of going public. I'm just hoping and praying that they are both doing well, that moving forward won't be too difficult for them, and that everyone will be patient. 

On a more lighthearted note, I thought I would share something kind of funny. I spoke to a friend back in early October 2022 about Jongsuk giving me "relationship vibes" and we chatted a little about the possible who, what, where, when, why, and how. Funny enough, the idea of him being part of a power couple was brought up, and IU came to mind. I'm the blue, friend is gray. Never say never, indeed. :lol:

lol.png 

We love and support you, Jongsuk. Please don't let the madness get you down! 

• Like 6