Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

ImageImage

Via @choimiseoung
Link  - https://www.instagram.com/p/CP5O1veBCi0/ 

Thank you

데시벨 #이종석 #팬클럽연합 #좋은 #선물 #감사합니다 #응급구조사 #보건인 #상주대기 #지도의사
Google trans - Decibel #Lee Jong-suk #Fan Club Federation #Good #Gift #Thank you #First Aid #Healthcare Person #Standby #Doctor 

Wow, Lee Jong Suk fan unions / WithJS have also prepared goodie bags in support of #Decibel.
I wish I could have at least the fan  
- captioned by 
https://twitter.com/LJSmyboo/status/1402637255483674625

:doggie:

Oh, I don’t mean Lee Jong Suk is handsome, not the way people think of handsome. His face seems kind. But his eyes - they’re beautiful. They’re wild, crazy, like some animal peering out of a forest on fire. #LeeJongSuk is love.

credit collage and caption by https://twitter.com/SherryTaban/status/1402808740005351425

• Like 5

On 5/9/2021 at 10:20 AM, jongkkot said:
it's just a rumor for now, but does the title of jongsuk's drama say big mouth: prison architect (a story) or am i seeing it wrong? i see the other dramas also have something in parentheses (strange lawyer has the same a story thing, while unforgotten seems to have take one), but i have no idea what that implies.

so that's what "a story" meant! after posting my initial theory, i assumed it was the production company but wasn't exactly sure.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jongkkot said:

so that's what "a story" meant! after posting my initial theory, i assumed it was the production company but wasn't exactly sure.

Thanks @jongkkot  - Interesting findings.  You are right!  Just googled and am reading one of the updates

Astory: Emerging as Comprehensive Content Producer

Has Yoona confirmed the role? @jongkkot

• Like 3

@jongkkot, It's interesting that all of the information coming from that twitter account with all the drama schedule info seems to be right every time. That makes me really excited since they're the ones that released information about The B Team. Good job on noticing the mention of A Story! I love that Big Mouth is already being talked about so much and the production company in charge is getting good publicity.

I think it's impossible to know for sure whether Jongsuk is still considering or if he's signed on quietly. He had confirmed his role in Decibel without anything official being released, so we only knew for sure once he started filming. That could happen again. The media and the fans only know what is announced. There is lots that goes on behind the scenes and a lot of misinformation that floats around. Like that fan speculating that Big Mouth will be released in March 2022... they are probably mistaken. I don't think the people making the drama know when it will air, so why would someone so far removed? Of course I hope we get something sooner, but I really think it's still up in the air.

@kembie, I have a feeling that Big Mouth is the drama Jongsuk is going to take unless something better comes his way. It seems like the only way he won't go through with it is if he signs on to something else, so we're bound to get a drama no matter what. At least, that's what it looks like right now. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 6

that's true! i'll check it from time to time to see if something new comes up about the schedule for big mouth.

there were some fans that stumbled upon the set for decibel and found out that jongsuk was already acting in it, or to say it better, they mostly saw his stuntman and assumed that it was his. but we wouldn't have known in any other way, if we didn't check DC... so you're right in saying that without official news it's all uncertain. i don't even know where they got the "march 2022" information, i don't believe it either, because filming is supposed to be done in january at most (according to the rumor, so let's not take it as truth), but i thought i'd share it just to get the info to you guys too.

and i agree with you: i also think we're definitely getting one drama this year, or at least jongsuk will start filming one in 2021. maybe it'll air in 2022, maybe not, but i have no doubt that he'll take a role in a drama next.

• Like 6

By the time there is an agency statement saying that they have received an offer and are positively considering, it's out of rumorland and into real possibility/likelihood. However, I also appreciate that twitter user for stating clearly that it isn't confirmed yet. It's just...I feel like sometimes the rumors get out of hand, you know? Like last winter when people were claiming leaked information and attaching JS's name to every project on the map. When I went to track down the original sources, I could not, and now I see these projects gradually issuing offers to other people. I realize this is "just" my entertainment, but at the same time, these are real people and if I am going to believe news about someone or even pass it along, then I want to know that it's factual and reliable. Not just, "I heard it on TikTok/YouTube," (where anyone can make up anything), but you know...actual agency confirmation of such things. 

Anyway, I do think it's likely, and I'm eager to see JS in a drama again. So hopefully it works out.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

we think the same, @frozentundra. it really bothers me when there are rumors going around and fan accounts post it as if it's confirmed, as if it's coming soon even if it's unconfirmed etc. i appreciate those that insist on the fact that it's all a rumor for now.

we all get excited when we see some news about him, be it about filming a new drama or anything else, but until it's confirmed by him or his representatives, i'd rather fans would quietly store that information in their head and wait for it to be real. it builds unnecessary hype and when it's not true, someone that's not so informed ends up thinking unpleasant things about the actor involved.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, frozentundra said:

I realize this is "just" my entertainment, but at the same time, these are real people and if I am going to believe news about someone or even pass it along, then I want to know that it's factual and reliable.

For what it's worth, I think entertainment has never been more important than it is right now and has gone from being frivolous to important for people's mental health. 

I also agree that rumors and baseless gossip shouldn't be circulated. We should learn to wait for genuine news to be confirmed. I just wonder if the fake reports would die down if the public was better informed. I don't think it used to be as important, but with most people staying home these days, the lack of confirmation and official updates has been kind of hard. As of right now, I wish we had a better outline of Jongsuk's schedule and when we will be seeing the projects he's working on. I find it hard to not even know if we'll even see any of his projects this year. I would wait forever, but expecting something way sooner than it's released can be pretty disappointing and seemingly avoidable. I understand that the industry is also struggling with these changes and the silence is likely due to shifting release dates, but I wish we were spoken to a little bit more. Even if it's just a small interview, q&a, blog post, etc. Being up to date on how he's doing and what to expect always makes things a lot better.

• Like 5

Seriously, entertainment is everyone's bestie this year. Much needed and appreciated! I'm really amazed at the extent to which they were able to keep filming in Korea with covid going on, but of course there are still some disruptions on the creation side. Drama schedules may be going on as usual, but I read another article yesterday that mentioned the 100+ films still in backlog because they couldn't open theaters. Eek. I've got people asking me constantly when this or that is going to come out, and I've had a lot of people tell me, "but I heard this!" And I'm like...um...I hate to break it to you, but there is literally no official word on when this movie will come out, much as I wish there was. And meanwhile, I feel like a lot of actors who would normally do films are now going to be eyeing the drama side of things until the backlog loosens up. I have no idea how long we'll end up waiting to see either of Jongsuk's films, so I hope he takes the drama and that it comes out soon. (Also, drama sets seem a bit less sealed-off and silent, so I feel like people are a bit freer in posting when doing dramas than when doing films. Maybe it's just the people I follow, but that's the impression I've always sort of gotten.) 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, frozentundra said:

(Also, drama sets seem a bit less sealed-off and silent, so I feel like people are a bit freer in posting when doing dramas than when doing films. Maybe it's just the people I follow, but that's the impression I've always sort of gotten.) 

Yeah, I also get the impression that movie sets are full of secrecy and largely closed off to the public while drama sets aren't. Almost everyone working on Decibel have been very quiet about it on social media. I don't see many behind the scenes pictures being posted. A 2-hour movie is way easier to spoil than a 16-20 hour drama, so the secrecy makes sense.

I wonder how much money is lost if a movie isn't released to theaters. Is it possible for a lot of these films to just surrender to a Netflix release? I mean... won't there always be a 100+ movie pile-up so long as they never stop making movies? They need to figure out a way to reduce the backlog without losing a devastating amount of money. I know that Park Shinhye and Krystal both starred in movies meant for theater release that were picked up by Netflix instead... I'm just not sure what kind of loss they're looking at.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, hilllllllly said:

I wonder how much money is lost if a movie isn't released to theaters. Is it possible for a lot of these films to just surrender to a Netflix release? I mean... won't there always be a 100+ movie pile-up so long as they never stop making movies? They need to figure out a way to reduce the backlog without losing a devastating amount of money. I know that Park Shinhye and Krystal both starred in movies meant for theater release that were picked up by Netflix instead... I'm just not sure what kind of loss they're looking at.

I know, that's got to be a major headache for producers right now. I did read a while back that they were thinking of experimenting by releasing simultaneously in theaters and OTT (ie streaming services) but I don't know what the result of that was. I would guess they would chill on new productions for a while, though, until things even out.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

18 minutes ago, hilllllllly said:

Yeah, I also get the impression that movie sets are full of secrecy and largely closed off to the public while drama sets aren't. Almost everyone working on Decibel have been very quiet about it on social media. I don't see many behind the scenes pictures being posted. A 2-hour movie is way easier to spoil than a 16-20 hour drama, so the secrecy makes sense.

we may not get many pictures from the set itself, but how about one from jongsuk? :sweatingbullets: cha eunwoo already revealed his haircut, we got a picture of kim raewon on set with his uniform, but still nothing from jongsuk.

a couple of days ago there was someone on twitter that said they saw jongsuk and cha eunwoo on set, but didn't have any pictures. this makes me think they've rather been asked not to share anything, or maybe jongsuk isn't on set all the time (due to his injury?) (well, it wouldn't be weird, since fans sent him support and his schedule had changed abruptly, but maybe he made time for something else and it's not because he was hurt) so when we got that picture of kim raewon, for example, he wasn't there and that's why fans didn't include him in the update.

about that...his finger and his hand in general looked fine when he posted this (in fact someone pointed out it looked like his finger had healed), but it didn't a few days later when he posted the fans' support (i'm basing this on the speculation of korean fans, of course, i can't know for sure). why didn't we talk about this more? is there someone here that doesn't believe he still has an injury?

going back to my original argument, i think he wants his haircut to be officially out there with a photoshoot and not with a simple selfie, since it'll come as a surprise to us, and i think the picture he shared some days ago might be just about that.

• Like 4