Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

So, I just searched The B Team out of boredom and curiosity and was kind of surprised by what I found! This might be a really, really big deal. There are articles about it in both American and Korean publications. What an amazing opportunity!

Korean superhero drama based on Stan Lee’s ideas to be made

2018-11-29 17:34

Marvel comics creator Stan Lee’s ideas will soon get the K-drama treatment.

“The B-TEAM” (working title) will be based on the late creator’s work. The original content centers on B-rated superheroes fighting against a mad scientist who created them.

Korean screenwriter Kang Eun-kyung, best-known for the hit drama series “King of Baking, Kim Takgu,” and her creative group Plot Line will write the script for the upcoming superhero drama series. 

POW! Entertainment, an American media production company created by Lee, will also participate in the early stages of planning and development.

Studio Invictus, the main production company for the drama, also plans to create a Chinese version of the drama with JYP Pictures and China’s Camsing Global. Both series will be based on Lee’s work, but will have different actors and localized content.

“The drama is a global project, collaborating with Hollywood and Korean actors who are leading Hallyu,” said Kim Kyung-won, CEO of Studio Invictus, in a press release.

“We hope to set a successful prototype for Asian superhero dramas.”

The Korean superhero drama is expected to air in 2020, Studio Invictus told the Korea Herald.

By Kim Jee-min (jeeminkim@heraldcorp.com)

Source: http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20181129000788#

Other Articles about it

https://variety.com/2018/tv/asia/stan-lees-the-b-team-to-receive-korean-chinese-treatment-1203054967/

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/stan-lees-b-team-get-chinese-south-korean-tv-adaptations-1165180/

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 3

thanks for sharing, @hilllllllly

wow, this idea has been going around since 2018?! the enthusiasm of everyone on the project is exciting! according to the article, it was set to be released in 2020, but since we're almost in the second half of 2021... could it air in 2022 if they started filming at the end of the year? even if jongsuk took the role in big mouth, and even if the drama takes four to five months to be done (assuming it's a pre-produced drama, i.e. WYWS took five months to film), filming of the B team could start around december or january. i don't think he could take two roles at the same time, though. hopefully his schedule allows him to pick this role up, if he really got the offer!

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, jongkkot said:

it was set to be released in 2020, but since we're almost in the second half of 2021... could it air in 2022 if they started filming at the end of the year?

It looks like they're still in the very early stages of picking a cast and planning production, so it isn't likely to film before 2022. But I wouldn't be surprised if this is the reason he's still not officially signed on for Big Mouth. If they were to start production for The B Team before the end of this year, I could see him opting out of anything else to take this role. I'm really hoping that he's able to do both because that's more (and sooner) for us, but I would hate for him to turn this down just so he could get a drama out to us before the end of the year.

I wonder if Jongsuk is someone they've wanted for this project since the very beginning? The fact that it was supposed to be made when he was unavailable and now his name is attached after returning from the military is either very good luck or done on purpose. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, hilllllllly said:

I wonder if Jongsuk is someone they've wanted for this project since the very beginning? The fact that it was supposed to be made when he was unavailable and now his name is attached after returning from the military is either very good luck or done on purpose. 

i thought so too. what if they were waiting for him to be back from his military service? but the article said "korean actors who are leading hallyu". jongsuk is definitely part of that but the plural confuses me...i also thought he hasn't said anything about big mouth because he wants to finish filming decibel first, and he still has time to accept. he waited to accept decibel because he wanted to focus on the witch 2, so it's likely he's following the same pattern regarding the drama too. i find it to be a good decision, i don't want him to feel burdened if he accepts early. i hope big mouth is done by the end of the year and that he can take the role in the B team after that.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, jongkkot said:

but the article said "korean actors who are leading hallyu". jongsuk is definitely part of that but the plural confuses me...

If the movie is about superheros who rebel against the mad scientist who created them, there will definitely be more than one character. I wouldn't be surprised if this was more of an ensemble cast with one or two actors (like Jongsuk) who are the main leads. It sounds like one of the rare dramas that don't necessarily have to follow the male/female lead, second male/female lead casting. I think it would be awesome if they hired another very popular actor and one or two popular actresses to join the cast as various superheroes. It also sounds like the kind of drama that could fit in a bunch of fun cameos.

It seems like a lot of fun and something everyone will love. Isn't it one of Jongsuk's dreams to be a superhero? I love this for him! I hope it all works out.

ETA: 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kembie said:

Wonder when was these taken?  His hair is still long @hilllllllly

I still have no idea either! Photoshoots for monthly magazines tend to happen in the last week or the very beginning of each month, so I'm guessing these were taken any time between April 26th - May 2nd. That means his hair was long after he started filming Decibel. The pictures we got of him a few days ago didn't clear anything up for me. It didn't look shaved on the sides like it did in the picture he posted himself. My first thought was that his hat could be hiding a haircut, or it could just be hiding his hair. It makes sense that he'd cut his hair but it also makes sense that he might need to keep it for some reason and they'll have to work around it. I'm completely in the middle. Neither would surprise me.

He knows he's driving us crazy though. :lol: That is something I'm sure of. 

• Like 5

LIFESTYLE

Lee Jong Suk, riding on Whissen's new wind

A new air that resembles Lee Jong-suk, acting with a more intense look and a more delicate expression. Whissen's new wind is coming.

BY BAZAAR 2021.05.21

The air conditioner resembling Lee Jong Suk, the Whissen
LG Whissen Tower Air Conditioner, has returned with more powerful and delicate cooling. Whissen, the new wind, the new air, resembling Lee Jong-suk, equipped with more powerful eyes and delicate expressions after the discharge. We are revealing attractive pictorials of Whissen and Lee Jong-seok, who have upgraded their functions as well as design.

https://www.harpersbazaar.co.kr/article/55371

1 minute ago, hilllllllly said:

He knows he's driving us crazy though. :lol: That is something I'm sure of. 

Glad he finds something to amuse himself and us fans@hilllllllly
I remember the sweet moments we had when he posted messages on the walls and glass panels at 89M.    Those beautiful memories.

• Like 6

Actor Lee Jong Suk's appearance makes even casual moments a picture

155297_560.jpg

Actor Lee Jong Suk has released a refreshing pictorial.

Lee Jong Suk showed off his beautiful appearance in the June issue of the fashion magazine BAZAAR.

155298_560.jpg

Spoiler

俳優イ・ジョンソクが清涼感あふれるグラビアを公開しました。

イ・ジョンソクはファッション誌「BAZAAR」6月号のグラビアを通じて、女性も羨む輝く美貌を披露しました。

現在撮影中の映画のために髪をのばしているイ・ジョンソクは、モデル出身らしいプロフェッショナルな姿で長い髪を幻想的に消化しています。 少しぎこちない様子で頭に手を当てる姿さえも美しくAカットとしてグラビアに盛り込まれました。

同日、エアコンに関連したグラビアの特性上、長いセッティング時間があったにも関わらず、イ・ジョンソクは余裕を持った気持ちで、より良い姿を見せようとスタッフたちを督励する姿を見せたといいます。 清涼感があふれ、洗練された姿で魅力を誇っています。

一方、イ・ジョンソクは映画「魔女2」と「デシベル(仮題)」に出演します

Lee Jong Suk, who is stretching his hair for the movie he is currently filming, is fantastically digesting his long hair with a professional appearance that seems to be from a model. Even the appearance of putting his hand on his head in a slightly awkward manner was beautifully incorporated into the pictorial as an A-cut.

On the same day, despite the long setting time due to the characteristics of the pictorials related to the air conditioner, Lee Jong Suk said that he showed a feeling of flexibility to encourage or ease the staff to do better.  It is full of refreshing feeling and boasts a sophisticated appearance.

Meanwhile, Lee Jong Suk will appear in the movies "Witch 2" and "Decibel (tentative title)".

Trans - google / naver - sorry for any grammatical typo or phrases

https://kt.wowkorea.jp/news-read/69226.html

• Like 5