Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

YoonA in talks to work with Lee Jong Suk in new drama 'Big Mouth'

1621300579-20210518-yoona.jpg

According to media outlet reports on May 18, Girls' Generation's YoonA is in talks to play the female lead role of a new drama series known as 'Big Mouth'!

YoonA has been offered the role of a woman named Go Mi Ho, a woman who holds the real reigns behind the scenes in the life of a big shot lawyer husband. During her college days, Go Mi Ho was known for her elegant, reserved image and unrivaled beauty. But after marrying a man with no talent or ambition, she takes it on herself to transform her husband into someone worthy of her.

Actor Lee Jong Suk is reportedly confirmed for the role of Go Mi Ho's husband, the lawyer Park Chang Ho

Directed by Oh Choong Hwan of 'While You Were Sleeping' and 'Start Up', 'Big Mouth' is slated to begin filming in the second half of 2021. 

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/05/yoona-in-talks-to-work-with-lee-jong-suk-in-new-drama-big-mouth

Spoiler

Edited by serenilmauve
Follow soompi rules and hide more than 3 images in spoiler tags! Thanks!
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, hilllllllly said:

I felt the same way! So much so that while I was translating, I kept checking certain sentences to be absolutely sure this is what he said. The only reason I wasn't totally shocked is because of what you mentioned him saying in his debut anniversary speech about acting for 20/30 more years. He responded to fans back in 2014 who were asking him to act for that long and he basically said that was a lot of time and didn't say he would. If anything, it seemed like he didn't think he'd be sticking out that long back then. I agree that he must've reflected on his life/career while he was enlisted and came back sure of what he wants to spend the rest of his life doing. It's actually pretty typical for people at his age to become less ambitious and rest on the things they've already accomplished... but Jongsuk has never really been very typical, has he? 

Waaa  @hilllllllly you remember the year, cool!  I can't remember when but he did say that he was not sure where he was heading, at a lost of what to learn or grasp, like there was a mental block or sort.   Yet, he strived on.    @jongkkotdescribed it very well in her post, thank you Chingu. :)      He was afraid of losing what he loves and treasures most - his passion.  Despite all that, whatever troubled him, he continues to work, act and work for himself, his staff, Amanproject and also for us fans.   

Back when just before he entered MS, he was a different though.   Was it after VIP or WYWS, his enthusiasm picked up, I feel that he became more confident.  He worked so hard to give us more projects before he left for MS.     Then during the parting moments at Seoul  FM on 1 Sept 2018, he said that he would not mind if we forget him eventually or move away from him, which he broke down.   Poor soul and we had to repeatedly assure him that we would not leave him, ever.  He delivered his promise and gave us RIABB.    Before that, he did Hymn of Death at end 2018 for free.

And on your point of him being typical @hilllllllly  Jong Suk is different.  He has never been a typical kind of person, often re-invent himself and strategizing his move, be it his personal career in acting or in business.   This guy has good business acumen and very observant.   We are so blessed to have a VERY HARDWORKING OPPA.   And, ....  I also hope he plans to be have a family too , one day.   I want him to love and be loved endlessly, not just having good endings in drama.  Haha!

As I put in my caption on my wall,  may you, Jong Suk prospers in every area in your life.

~ peace :heartxoxo:

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I found this kind of interesting...

This is from the same account that originally reported that Yoona was considering Big Mouth. It was said before that it would air on TVN. Now it's saying that it doesn't have a set time or network. I was a little disappointed and worried until I noticed that a lot of the dramas on this list are some of the most highly anticipated with the biggest names. That got me wondering if this means they're more likely to get special treatment by being placed wherever they want to be when the time comes. Like any network would want them, any time slot would take them, and any other drama would be pushed back or forward to make room for them. If that's the case, it's good to know that Big Mouth is likely to air when it's ready instead of having to wait for a set network and time to fit it in. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, hilllllllly said:

That got me wondering if this means they're more likely to get special treatment by being placed wherever they want to be when the time comes. Like any network would want them, any time slot would take them, and any other drama would be pushed back or forward to make room for them. If that's the case, it's good to know that Big Mouth is likely to air when it's ready instead of having to wait for a set network and time to fit it in. 

maybe all the time slots on tvN got occupied with other dramas? :mellow: 

back when i shared the rumor, there was only one free slot iirc. filming is still set to begin in the second half of the year though. i wish this would also mean that filming can happen sooner.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, jongkkot said:

maybe all the time slots on tvN got occupied with other dramas? :mellow: 

back when i shared the rumor, there was only one free slot iirc. filming is still set to begin in the second half of the year though. i wish this would also mean that filming can happen sooner.

That's why I think it might be up to the drama to set the time they will need the slot and all networks will comply. All of these dramas are way more important and bigger in anticipation than a lot of what tvN and other networks have lined up. A drama with little to no hype that is going to do poorly in the ratings isn't going to take precedence over Big Mouth, Happiness, or Our Blues. It's in a networks best interest to do what is going to give them the most ratings.

The fact that all of these dramas are unassigned, yet extremely anticipated makes me think it's common-place for dramas with more hype to be placed according to when they're ready. Back in 2018, Jongsuk booked Romance is a Bonus Book in September, started filming in November, and it began airing in January. If tvN's schedule is filled up well into 2022 and it's only May, there would have been no way that RIABB could have shown up out of nowhere in the second half of the year and found an empty slot when they did without special treatment. The same could be said for almost all of Jongsuk's dramas over the years. 

ETA

Now they're saying it is going to be on tvN, along with Happiness which was also on the other list. Hmm. This is a lot of unscheduled shows with big names. Either they're overbooking or there is something we don't know. 

• Like 5

They've been announcing in news articles that Happiness will be on TVN, I don't think there is a question there. It is shooting right now and should air this fall.

I remember a while back before the Big Mouth announcement JS made a comment about really liking TVN. Which to me indicates that yes, his project is with them as well. If he doesn't start shooting until fall, then the air date is pretty far away still. I wouldn't expect to see an exact schedule for that one before seeing the one for Happiness. (Which hasn't been posted yet.)

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

I remember a while back before the Big Mouth announcement JS made a comment about really liking TVN. Which to me indicates that yes, his project is with them as well.

He also mentions Netflix a lot and I notice tvN dramas are picked up by them more often than other networks. 

Time will tell about Big Mouth and when it will air. I think it’s pretty safe to assume it’ll start filming sometime between September-December and the air date could be anytime between 2-4 months after that. I personally think it’ll start airing in 2021 but won’t finish until 2022.

I keep feeling like the first half of this year has been insanely busy for him and the second half of this year will be endlessly busy for us. Once everything he’s been working on starts to come out, we’ll be even more grateful for all the work he’s put in. 

• Like 3

Also home to Yang Jeong Yeon. Quite an actress-heavy agency these days! 

@hilllllllly your timeline sounds reasonable to me. :) And yes, there's a lot of work going into dramas and movies right now on the creation side, but someday it will be busy times for viewers as we get to see the results (which are many! Yay!)

• Like 3

Do you guys think The B Team is a cute nickname or hashtag to use for Big Mouth or that maybe it’s an alternate title...? 

Wouldn’t it be crazy if it’s actually a second drama he’s looking into? Maybe that’s what caused the confusion this morning with Big Mouth being in the “no network, no schedule” category when it’s obviously going to be on tvN. I’m leaning towards The B Team being Big Mouth, but maybe not...?

• Like 3

i was able to find something about the title. if there's a drama out there that is titled exactly "the B team" already, then i apologize for posting info about something that's old. :sweatingbullets: i couldn't find any drama under that title.

in any case, the news about this drama go back to december 2020, so i don't think i'm mistaken. it's produced by the director of "dr. romantic", "vagabond" and "giant". the writer is kang eun kyung. the drama is about superpowers and some "mentalist", "psychic" powers, it sounds like it talks about the consequences of using superpowers without knowing it...? or without wanting to?

it seems it would be broadcast on youtube and it's supposed to happen in 2021.

my source: https://sports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?art_id=202012102354013&sec_id=540201

edit: it's not meant to air on youtube! oops. sorry about that, my bad.

Edited by jongkkot
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

190521 @jongsuk0206 just shared a story
#yoonkyungsang Surprise 

What a thoughtful hyung-nim, sending love and support by way of food truck to JS at the Decibel filming site, wishing him well, not to get hurt and have fun during filming.

• Like 7

So he finally updates and but is still hiding! :sweatingbullets: Aw, but I absolutely love and adore his friendship with Yoon Kyun Sang. They are the sweetest and I'm so glad they have each other.

4 hours ago, jongkkot said:

i was able to find something about the title. if there's a drama out there that is titled exactly "the B team" already, then i apologize for posting info about something that's old. :sweatingbullets: i couldn't find any drama under that title.

in any case, the news about this drama go back to december 2020, so i don't think i'm mistaken. it's produced by the director of "dr. romantic", "vagabond" and "giant". the writer is kang eun kyung. the drama is about superpowers and some "mentalist", "psychic" powers, it sounds like it talks about the consequences of using superpowers without knowing it...? or without wanting to?

it seems it would be broadcast on youtube and it's supposed to happen in 2021.

my source: https://sports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?art_id=202012102354013&sec_id=540201

edit: it's not meant to air on youtube! oops. sorry about that, my bad.

Wow! So it really is a drama of it's own! And it can't just be a mistake on the part of the twitter account because they included the graph that they're going by that has his name down for that specific project. It also seems likely because when it was originally spoken about, it was set to air on SBS (despite the "no schedule, no channel" category it's under now). Jongsuk has a pretty strong ties to them. Prosecutor Princess, Secret Garden,  I Hear Your Voice, Doctor Stranger, Pinocchio, and While You Were Sleeping were all broadcast on SBS. I've wondered if this is an alternative to Big Mouth, but they've been setting that drama up very elaborately for while now. I doubt his name would show up under The B Team for the first time in the middle of all this hysteria around Big Mouth if it's simply just another drama he's looking at.

So this means he's potentially signing up for 2 dramas this year? This is actually something I've seen a few actors do lately, but where will he find the time? I'm guessing after Decibel wraps up, he'll jump into Big Mouth and when that's over, he'll move on to The B Team for an early-mid 2022 release. I didn't expect for him to quit after Big Mouth and this schedule is actually very similar to what he did in 2016-2017 after a year long break (Jade Lover, W, VIP, WYWS with no breaks in between), but it's still crazy to see it in action after all this time. 

• Like 5