Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

5 minutes ago, kembie said:

Thank you @backstreetboysfan for the IG story.
It looks like he did but some fans are wondering whether he hides the pony tail under his cap.

What a teaser, Jong Suk is.
:D

it's true, i can kinda see it but i really don't know. ugh! there's no way of knowing if the picture has been taken recently or not, either. just show it already if you cut it, jongsuk! we're going to love it, just like we loved your long hair!

Edited by jongkkot
  • Like 5

Being a fan is so funny! I think the easiest and most obvious conclusion to this picture (and the one I'm sure we all had at first) is that he cut his hair and is letting us know that he's officially taking on his role as navy captain, given the hat, pose, and the fact that this is the first time we've seen his neck in 2 years. ^_^ ...but now we've all made each other second guess ourselves and it's back to waiting for another update. :lol:

Jongsuk is the biggest tease. You know he's laughing at us while we frantically search hair ties and examine every blurry pixel. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Well, the hat says Navy... :D 

I think he whacked it already, has been posting his memories of his long, pretty locks, and now is coming to terms with the cold bare neck, lol. 

(Sorry to laugh, Jongsukkie ssi. It grows back!)

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

if anything, i think he's excited to show us! it's normal he's a little embarrassed and afraid of what we'll think of the change, but at the same time, i feel like he can't wait to see us react to his new image once we'll get to see it. at least i would be! otherwise why would he tease us so much by not showing us all at once? only out of fear we might not like it?

of course a lot of people will, he's handsome no matter what. :phew:

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

You could be right @frozentundra, but he definitely has me wondering and that's obviously what he wants. I was 100% sure he cut his hair until just a little while ago. I think his sideburns look cleaner and we can definitely see his neck without a trace of long hair poking out like before. However, all of that can be explained away with lighting and his intention to confuse us. What I can't explain away is the "bun" coming out of the back of his hat. There is no other logical explanation for what it is if not his hair. So, I think I'm going to have to change my vote and say he hasn't cut it. 

And at this point, I think that picture is too strategic to claim it's old. The bushes look like it's Spring time, the hat says navy, and if his hair is still long, he did his best to tuck it in before taking it. All of that points to him taking the picture specifically to confuse already confused fans. I feel like he's pulling one of his infamous, "pose for a picture!... hahahaha, just kidding, it's actually a video!" pranks on us and we all have no choice but to fall for it. ^_^ 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

the theory you talked of a few days ago makes a lot of sense, @hilllllllly! what if he's waiting for the time he'll cut his hair and for now he's still showing us pictures of him with the long hair because he in fact still has it? i didn't consider the possibility his character could be okay with long hair since we knew he's playing a navy captain, but if he's filming scenes with long hair first (because they're plenty) and he'll film the "flashback" ones later on or towards the end of filming, it makes sense.

plus, he definitely looks like he has tied his hair in that update, only the sideburns look different if i compare it with how they used to look before when he had his hair tied up. someone said it looks like it's part of the "background", part of what's behind him and it's not a bun or his hair, but that sounds strange because i see hair. LOL.

edit: korean fans seem to think different. i'm going to go crazy. i'll just wait.

Edited by jongkkot
  • Like 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, jongkkot said:

i didn't consider the possibility his character could be okay with long hair since we knew he's playing a navy captain, but if he's filming scenes with long hair first (because they're plenty) and he'll film the "flashback" ones later on or towards the end of filming, it makes sense.

I see that those Korean fans are convinced his hair is short, but this conversation and what you said has made me wonder if he'll be required to cut his hair for Decibel at all. There are two possibilities. Either he's playing a navy captain a year ago and in present day, he did cut his hair on April 20th, and all the pictures he's posted since are old, except maybe the latest. Or (and this is what I'm thinking), his hair is still long despite filming since April 20th because the story isn't exactly what we thought it would be. If this is the case, his character must be retired or taking a break from his position as navy captain because that's pretty much the only way he could be filming without cutting it. If that's the case, will he have to cut his hair at all? It's hard to imagine most of the movie taking place in present day and therefore, having to ask Jongsuk to shave his head all for a few flashback scenes towards the end of filming. That seems pretty extreme for something that could be resolved with strategically placed hair and a hat. I've also wondered if he's expecting to be asked back for possible Witch 2 reshoots or photoshoots/promo and actually can't cut it for these reasons. An easy way to keep him as part of the cast (which they obviously did) was to make his character a former navy captain. Or just put him on leave. 

All of this is obviously speculation, but we do know he started filming on 4/20 and has posted 2 pictures with long hair since then. Could they be old? Of course. But we have no proof that they are. So he's really dividing the fandom with this one! :sweatingbullets:  Hopefully he doesn't disappear for another 3 weeks, leaving us to rip our own hair out while trying to decide if he still has his. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

it's just a rumor for now, but does the title of jongsuk's drama say big mouth: prison architect (a story) or am i seeing it wrong? i see the other dramas also have something in parentheses (strange lawyer has the same a story thing, while unforgotten seems to have take one), but i have no idea what that implies. is prison architect some kind of subheading for big mouth? like, it seems to be part of the title. all i can find is a videogame called in the same way, but i doubt it has something to do with the drama.

in other news, i'm excited to see jongsuk will (presumably) act with yoona! there's finally something about the female lead, even if unconfirmed. they've known each other for a long time, it will be a nice pairing if it happens.

edit: oh, and it sounds like the drama will have 12 episodes, which i'm quite okay with.

Edited by jongkkot
  • Like 7
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, jongkkot said:

it's just a rumor for now, but does the title of jongsuk's drama say big mouth: prison architect (a story) or am i seeing it wrong? i see the other dramas also have something in parentheses (strange lawyer has the same a story thing, while unforgotten seems to have take one), but i have no idea what that implies. is prison architect some kind of subheading for big mouth? like, it seems to be part of the title. all i can find is a videogame called in the same way, but i doubt it has something to do with the drama.

in other news, i'm excited to see jongsuk will (presumably) act with yoona! there's finally something about the female lead, even if unconfirmed. they've known each other for a long time, it will be a nice pairing if it happens.

edit: oh, and it sounds like the drama will have 12 episodes, which i'm quite okay with.

Yoona or no Yoona (No offence to her and her fans - I like her), our Jong Suk is working hard , right after MS - We are eternally grateful, I am.   He is giving us back as promised;  a man with few words who delivers!    Thanks @jongkkotfor sharing.  Do share more if this materialises.  :D

:doggie:

• Like 5
  • Blob 1