Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

I love little Ahn Jong Sukkie, truly. That drama is over the top ridiculous at times (a tunnel next door, that comes up in the neighbors' bathroom? Really??), but it's studded with some awfully accurate moments in the human experience as well. AJS is a real teenager, trying SO so hard, flailing with an unrequited crush, sensitive to the fact that he is failing school and not wanting to admit it, and trying to hide his tutoring, fighting with his sister and yet sticking up for his family to outsiders... Whenever I think of AJS I just want to take him home, feed him cake, and assure him that life will get so much better if he can only hang in there. Aww. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Ee58piZUMAIsscV?format=jpg&name=360x360

Ee-iM7uU0AERkz-?format=jpg&name=360x360

Oh my ...all these images are from Lenny !    Ahn Jong Suk is so  cute, mannn ... this is like back 2011 ?

9 years ago! 

And this is 2019  -- JS as Kim Woo Jin by Lenny_for_JS

:smooches2:

ezgif-5-ec642d79491e.gif

Please dont shoot me ......... for spamming  -- gif courtesy of Lenny_for_JS 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, frozentundra said:

See, Ahn Jong Sukkie? You grew up great. :)

I was checking whether to watch High Kick: Revenge of the Short Legged - aww man, 123 episodes!  I don't think I can do it ... I guess I will just be contented with certain clips being shared / edited by fellow fans.  Gotta admit young JS looks really cool back then.   He was such a baby, he cries and shouts in the drama, especially with his sister  Krystal, playing Ahn Soo Jung.

cr lenny_for_js (all 3 images)

#missingyou
#waitingforyou

• Like 4

Gosh ... I just saw the sad announcement on 14 mods / admins leaving Soompi.   

Will this affect the existence of the forums?   I know they have stopped some activities. 
It wlll be a shame if they do.  Pray not.  :bawling:

• Like 3

20 hours ago, hilllllllly said:

But how is that possible when the person who took that picture posted it for the first time a few days ago and then posted several more the next day? Also, nobody remembers seeing this picture and when I run a google search, it doesn’t show up with any result before last week. Could you find your old post with that picture in it?

Honestly, I think it’s weird that there has been such a push to make this picture an older one, taken before his enlistment instead of after. At this point, it really doesn’t matter if it was taken a year ago or two years ago, but is there a reason people want this picture to be older? Is there a reason it would be bad or disappointing if it was taken during his enlistment? I see tons of speculation like it’s something they need to prove but if it’s as easy as simply being an old picture that was even posted here before, why does only one person remember seeing it and where is the link? I’m so confused. There have been a few times people have wondered if a picture was old or new in the last year and a half but nothing like this where it’s been so hard to land on an answer. I would just like it settled once and for all. With proof so it can’t be argued about anymore.

why hiding if they are nrew? nothing wrong with that.... and fans who are saying they are old picture didn't agree among each others to say same things at least i know i didn't talk to anyone abt them... if the ones i posted here aren't same pict then they are very similar but anyways those photos are from last year 

i mean check coments below this post

• Like 4

the comments are based on what the OP said under the pictures on IG. of course people are saying it's from last year, because that's what they know. last year means 2019 and it doesn't necessarily mean before his enlistment. do we all remember he enlisted in march, right? if it was before he enlisted, why wouldn't we know about it? if it was taken while he was filming RIABB, what reason was there to hide it? if it was hidden from the public this whole time it's probably because the OP wasn't sure if it was okay to post them or not. i don't think @hilllllllly meant "new" as in new like taken a few weeks ago, but it's new to us because we never saw it anywhere before. even if it was taken two years ago, it's still new. no one shared it before. i stand by my point saying that the picture is from when he was enlisted. i don't understand why it's so hard to believe that it is from that time frame. a year ago means it was taken last summer, he was enlisted. all this speculation about a picture is taking away the magic of it, it's a new picture of him for goodness' sake, can't we be happy that we got a glimpse of him after two years?

where are the pictures you said you had already seen? were they similar pictures or the exact pictures? i'm interested in seeing them if you have them on your archive.

@Rania Zeid, I didn't mean the pictures were taken a few days ago or this month. I mean that we've never see them before now and they were probably taken during his enlistment. Everybody saying that they were taken last year are right because the original poster of these pictures said so in the comment section of their post. But a year ago is August 2019. He had been enlisted for 6 months at that point. Even if the person who took these pictures meant last year as in 2019, like @jongkkot said, he enlisted in March, so there isn't much time in 2019 that he wasn't enlisted. And if these pictures were taken in November 2018 like the ones they've been compared to, they would be a year and 9 months old, which is nearly 2 years ago. The OP said last year, so I just don't see that making sense. 

The reason this even matters to me is because seeing these pictures and thinking they were taken during his enlistment has really lifted the spirits of so many people. I never really wanted to see pictures during his enlistment because I was happy to wait until he was discharged, but even I felt a little relieved to see him. He looks good and it gave my worried heart a little reassurance that he's ok, even if they're a year old already. My dog of 16 years passed away (in my arms) a month ago and it's been awful to add losing her to Jongsuk being away. I think these pictures, no matter when they were taken, lifted my spirits a little because he seemed less far away. He seemed real again and it reminded me that he would be back soon. But with all of this debate over it basically turning them into nothing more than some reposted old pictures that didn't have to be brought back up... It's been a little disheartening. If they are from before his enlistment, that's fine. I will be happy to accept that, but when nobody can prove anything, it just feels like sucking the fun out of something that should have brought us a lot of joy during this difficult time. 

• Like 1

Whether the pictures were taken 365 days ago or a year and a half ago, in the end it’s just nice to see pictures of JS visiting with friends and having a nice meal. I don’t know of any other significance than that. And I guess it was a treat, too, for everyone else in the place, as it was a public restaurant and it looks like he was in plain view of quite a few people.

Regarding the mods/admins resigning, eek, I hope all is well in Soompiland?

High Kick has a ton of episodes but they are each only 20 minutes long. And it’s not one big story but actually a sitcom that you can stretch out over time. Or just watch a few episodes of, as each episode is more or less self contained and entertaining. It’s the perfect snacking drama. :)

As far as memories of past fan meetings, do people ever do fan meetings right when they come out of military? Or do they wait for a project under their belt first? (So they can share new material) I just think that the next one he does, people will really look forward to it and love it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

As far as memories of past fan meetings, do people ever do fan meetings right when they come out of military? Or do they wait for a project under their belt first? (So they can share new material) I just think that the next one he does, people will really look forward to it and love it.

even though this guy is not the one i would like to bring up to explain because of his horrible april fool's joke this year, kim jaejung held a fan sign a few days after his discharge from the military, so i find it completely possible to hold fan meetings as well. 

10 minutes ago, jongkkot said:

even though this guy is not the one i would like to bring up to explain because of his horrible april fool's joke this year, kim jaejung held a fan sign a few days after his discharge from the military, so i find it completely possible to hold fan meetings as well. 

I had forgotten about that. Good to hear! (on the FM, not on the April Fool's joke)

Basically just looking forward to whatever next project JS has and whatever next appearances he makes. In the meantime, I've still got a few dramas left to re-watch. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, frozentundra said:

Regarding the mods/admins resigning, eek, I hope all is well in Soompiland?

High Kick has a ton of episodes but they are each only 20 minutes long. And it’s not one big story but actually a sitcom that you can stretch out over time. Or just watch a few episodes of, as each episode is more or less self contained and entertaining. It’s the perfect snacking drama. :)

Still feeling bad about the 14 mods who are leaving :bawling:  and some of them have been like around .. long.   I know it's not easy to monitor forum chats - one needs commitment, time and effort.   

As for HK3, @frozentundra - I don't think I get on it.  Unless I am again ... under "house arrest".

@jongkkot I just saw clips on IG that  a FM was done live via Tik Tok , titled "Men and Mission".   The 5 men were Song Seung Heon, Lee Dong Wook, Yoo Yeon Seok, Lee Kwang Soo, dan Kim Bum.   I guess that's one way of doing.   

But I really hope by next year, the world will heal from covid 19 and we be like able to travel and see JS in his next FMs. ... please.   Now that 89M Cafe is no longer in ops, fan sign or FMs would be our only hope to see and feel him near.   Of course, I am praying that he will re-open his cafe. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, frozentundra said:

Whether the pictures were taken 365 days ago or a year and a half ago, in the end it’s just nice to see pictures of JS visiting with friends and having a nice meal. I don’t know of any other significance than that. And I guess it was a treat, too, for everyone else in the place, as it was a public restaurant and it looks like he was in plain view of quite a few people.

The problem is that before everyone was made to believe these pictures were pre-enlistment, they were overjoyed that they finally got to see him. If they were taken 365 days ago, they are pictures we would treasure. If they were taken a year and a half ago, they're just some candid pictures. You can't equate the two like that. That is why I wanted proof that these pictures are old and were actually posted here before. Because I know I'm not the only one who would feel differently about the pictures depending on when they were taken. It's nice that you see them the same way regardless, but others don't and that's why this discussion is an important one to have and can't just be swept under the rug with claims that they're old with no solid proof. Something that is important to one person might not be important to another, but that doesn't invalidate the person who feels differently than you do.

In all honesty, I'm always terrified to post here because there is a group of people who think similarly and have known each other for years, and then there is me. My contributions, posts, ideas, and feelings are never really appreciated and it has really gotten me down. I love Jongsuk and was so excited to find an english-speaking forum where we can all talk about our favorite actor, but it has turned into such a nightmare for me because almost all of you have been extremely unwelcoming and kind of rude at times. Just the fact that I shared a deeply personal fact about my dog who I am going to be mourning for a very long time, and not a single one of you bothered to send condolences or say that you were sorry is proof of that. I would never let anyone who shared their hard time feel alone or like nobody cared. So I'll leave and keep my love for Jongsuk to myself and you guys can do a happy dance now that I'm gone. 

On 8/14/2020 at 2:41 PM, hilllllllly said:

@Rania Zeid, I didn't mean the pictures were taken a few days ago or this month. I mean that we've never see them before now and they were probably taken during his enlistment. Everybody saying that they were taken last year are right because the original poster of these pictures said so in the comment section of their post. But a year ago is August 2019. He had been enlisted for 6 months at that point. Even if the person who took these pictures meant last year as in 2019, like @jongkkot said, he enlisted in March, so there isn't much time in 2019 that he wasn't enlisted. And if these pictures were taken in November 2018 like the ones they've been compared to, they would be a year and 9 months old, which is nearly 2 years ago. The OP said last year, so I just don't see that making sense. 

The reason this even matters to me is because seeing these pictures and thinking they were taken during his enlistment has really lifted the spirits of so many people. I never really wanted to see pictures during his enlistment because I was happy to wait until he was discharged, but even I felt a little relieved to see him. He looks good and it gave my worried heart a little reassurance that he's ok, even if they're a year old already. My dog of 16 years passed away (in my arms) a month ago and it's been awful to add losing her to Jongsuk being away. I think these pictures, no matter when they were taken, lifted my spirits a little because he seemed less far away. He seemed real again and it reminded me that he would be back soon. But with all of this debate over it basically turning them into nothing more than some reposted old pictures that didn't have to be brought back up... It's been a little disheartening. If they are from before his enlistment, that's fine. I will be happy to accept that, but when nobody can prove anything, it just feels like sucking the fun out of something that should have brought us a lot of joy during this difficult time. 

1st of all sorry for ur dog, hope u ll feel better wz days passing

as for the photos not sure if they were before or during his enlistment what i know that they are from last year.. but yeh it's good to see him again altho those aren only pic released for him during his enlistment (if they really are) there are few others released after those whether in his cafe nd wz woo bin ..

so regardless when taken it's good to know that he's doing good 

• Like 3