Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

7 hours ago, ibru said:

Thanks @ibru for sharing the info and link.   There are a quite a number of OSTs in CD1 that I like and wow!  you have Eun Ho's whistles 1 and 2 too ... haha!      Will you be getting one?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kembie said:

Thanks @ibru for sharing the info and link.   There are a quite a number of OSTs in CD1 that I like and wow!  you have Eun Ho's whistles 1 and 2 too ... haha!      Will you be getting one?

@kembie my fav is TAKE MY HAND by Jannabi

But I’ll by ALL!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Some of the songs on the OST that I particularly love include Powerdance, Walking on Sunshine, You're Beautiful, and Happy End. I know you can't translate exactly when a song has to fit the meter of the music, but you get a double feature with Happy End, because the Korean and English versions are very different in terms of what the lyrics say. (Both are nice.) 

People keep posting that double gif of Dani and CEH running, looking over their shoulders from the beginning and ending of the drama. Endings like that--that repeat something from the beginning, only with new insight, are so nice. What a satisfying ending!

• Like 4

I’ve been a silent reader here for some months now. First discovered Pinocchio by chance where LJS’ performance compelled me to look up all his other works. It didn’t take me long to finish all his dramas, often spending late nights clicking “next episode” again and again cos it was so hard to stop! I scoured the internet for any LJS related content and the more I absorbed, the more I was drawn to this man. 

As an actor, he is very good at his craft. That sense of pride as his fan is quite unspeakable when you know he earned the recognition he gained through persistent hard work. But it’s his personality that you uncover through interviews, variety shows (though rarely), behind the scenes clips and videos from his fan events that you realise what endears him to many. Looking beyond the model-esque physique and handsome face, his gentle demeanour and kind heart shines through most prominently for me. And I think that is partly what has helped him stay down to earth and brutally honest with himself - a trait that I find especially attractive - despite his fame and achievements. 

As a relatively new fan, it is not easy to get used to the fact that there wouldn’t be much new LJS content for 2 years. But I can imagine it would be harder for his many longstanding fans and the ones who have dedicated precious time keeping this thread alive and abuzz with activity. To the chingus here, thank you for staying by LJS’ side and helping new fans like us discover this gem of a humankind. 

RIABB is such a precious parting gift from LJS prior to his temporary departure. This was my first drama of his that I felt the anticipation for weekly episodes, and it was a vastly different experience from watching back-to-back episodes at a go. RIABB was a feel good masterpiece that evoked warm fuzzy feelings of strength, friendship, passion, love and family. It did away with antagonistic characters and unreasonable plot twists. Rather, its mature handling of interpersonal relationships made me invested in the realistic stories of each character. 

More importantly, it made me realise the type of person LJS is for picking a script like that. I like to think about what must be going through his mind when he picks his works, and I choose to believe the fact that his female leads do not play damsels in distress, but resilient and tenacious characters, is testament to the respect he holds for women. Yup, this man deserves all the love he’s getting and more! And lots more he will receive indeed for just being the LJS he is :)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, pupsik said:

That sense of pride as his fan is quite unspeakable when you know he earned the recognition he gained through persistent hard work.

Looking beyond the model-esque physique and handsome face, his gentle demeanour and kind heart shines through most prominently for me. And I think that is partly what has helped him stay down to earth and brutally honest with himself - a trait that I find especially attractive - despite his fame and achievements.

I choose to believe the fact that his female leads do not play damsels in distress, but resilient and tenacious characters, is testament to the respect he holds for women.

Welcome, @pupsik. Eloquently said. As a fan, these three things have always stood out so much to me. I like many artists' work, but to say I am truly a fan of someone...hm, I can say that of only a handful of artists. Hard work, lack of ego, gentleness with others... I have also really respected his view of women, which is not only found in the scripts he chooses but also backed up by the things he has said he values in real life (ie smart, kind, capable women)--these are the things that cement me as a fan. Not only an excellent actor, but a decent human being as well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, frozentundra said:

Welcome, @pupsik. Eloquently said. As a fan, these three things have always stood out so much to me. I like many artists' work, but to say I am truly a fan of someone...hm, I can say that of only a handful of artists. Hard work, lack of ego, gentleness with others... I have also really respected his view of women, which is not only found in the scripts he chooses but also backed up by the things he has said he values in real life (ie smart, kind, capable women)--these are the things that cement me as a fan. Not only an excellent actor, but a decent human being as well.

Thanks @frozentundra! Indeed, his latest IG post also spoke volumes of his humility and love for his fans. I do hope he finds true love in a smart, kind and capable woman some day too. But until then, at least he’s feeling loved by all of us. 

Edited by pupsik
  • Like 6

da08cc95c1cc4dd8866633e373d74061.jpeg?s=

Wi Ha Joon Talks About His Bromance With Lee Jong Suk In Real Life And In “Romance Is A Bonus Book”

Mar 24, 2019
by S. Park

Wi Ha Joon shared his thoughts on his latest drama “Romance is a Bonus Book” in a recent interview.

“Time passed by really quickly,” began Wi Ha Joon. “To be honest, I had a lot of concerns and felt pressured, but I’m glad that it ended well.”

In “Romance is a Bonus Book,” which concluded on March 17, Wi Ha Joon appeared as a successful book designer named Ji Seo Joon. He won over the hearts of Kang Dan Yi (played by Lee Na Young) and Song Hae Rin (played by Jung Yoo Jin) with his sweet charms, and surprised viewers with a plot twist when it was revealed that he was the son of writer Kang Byung Joon (played by Lee Ho Jae).

He continued, “When I read the script, there were various aspects to Ji Seo Joon. At first, it was difficult to grasp him. He wasn’t a character that I could define as one thing. The director also said that Ji Seo Joon was a difficult character. So instead of trying to define him, I tried to act in different attitudes according to who I was acting with.”

In the drama, Wi Ha Joon showed a fateful, dramatic romance with Lee Na Young and a bickering, friend-like romance with Song Hae Rin. “It was definitely different,” explained Wi Ha Joon. “If the romance with Kang Dan Yi was something to be careful and well-mannered about, Song Hae Rin felt like a friend that I later developed into lovers with. It was fun because both of them had different charms. I think my personality in real life fit more with Song Hae Rin’s romance. Dating while bickering and building affection. I was happy that the viewers said Ji Seo Joon and Song Hae Rin were a good match. I wish we could’ve shown more of him dating [Song Hae Rin], and I regret that.”

As for memorable viewer reactions to the drama, Wi Ha Joon said, “After the fourth episode of ‘Romance is a Bonus Book,’ Ji Seo Joon acted in a way that could be negatively seen in the perspective of Cha Eun Ho (played by Lee Jong Suk) and Kang Dan Yi’s fans. The viewers’ reactions then were memorable. I remember [reading the comment], ‘The umbrella [Ji Seo Joon] should leave.’ It was sad but fun. There were also reactions that ‘Romance is a Bonus Book’ should be extended to 100 episodes because they wanted to continue watching Ji Seo Joon and Song Hae Rin. I felt really happy and touched.”

Wi Ha Joon and Lee Jong Suk told the story of an unforgettable bromance in the drama. He commented, “I really enjoyed the bromance with Lee Jong Suk. Ji Seo Joon’s attitude towards Cha Eun Ho in the drama is similar to my personality in real life. I tend to get along with men while playfully fighting. Lee Jong Suk really welcomed and took good care of me on set. He also encouraged and praised me a lot, so I felt the most comfortable while acting with Lee Jong Suk on set. I was thankful.”

The actor succeeded at showing his various charms on “Romance is Bonus Book,” which was due to his efforts behind the scenes. “Since [my character] was a book designer, I had to like books and be able to draw, but those weren’t areas I was particularly interested in. So in order to become more familiar with the atmosphere [of his job], I went to book stores a lot. I read books and went to exhibitions. I think my attitude towards his job changed a lot while doing that.”

Thanks to these efforts, Wi Ha Joon was praised by viewers while the drama aired. He commented, “It gave me a lot of strength that [viewers] understood and liked Ji Seo Joon in ‘Romance is a Bonus Book.’ It gave me courage that I could do a better job in my next project. I learned a lot, and it’s a project I’m grateful for.”

He concluded, “It’s a drama I want to keep for a long time, like a good book.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1312283wpp/wi-ha-joon-talks-about-his-bromance-with-lee-jong-suk-in-real-life-and-in-romance-is-a-bonus-book

• Like 3

Weekly Romance – Scenes That Will Make Your Heart Flutter

romance is a bonus book lee jongsuk

Have you been watching dramas these days? If not, you are missing many great scenes! If you like romance, this new Kpopmap series might be for you. Be aware of spoilers.

We made a selection of three scenes from K-Dramas this week that will make your heart flutter by their cuteness and romantic vibes. These scenes are the sweetest of this week. No more words, here is the list!

Let us know in the comment which scene you prefer and/or what is the sweetest scene of this week episodes according to you.

1- “Romance Is A Bonus Book

Lee JongSuk and Lee NaYoung as Cha EunHo and Kang DanYi

If you like a cheesy demonstration of love, this is for you! Lee JongSuk and Lee NaYoung are one of the cutest couples. Lee JongSuk’s sincere love and affection for Lee NaYoung is never failing.

As both are working at the same publishing company, viewers are the witness of their sweet daily interaction at work. This scene caught our attention as they are sending hearts to each other and try to be ‘discreet’ and unseen from other employees passing by. Their love relationship is a goal for many.

With the end of the drama, many are sad to separate from this adorable couple.

lee jongsuk romance is a bonus book, lee jongsuk cute, lee jongsuk 2019, lee jongsuk drama, lee jongsuk romance is a supplement, lee jongsuk lee nayoung

lee jongsuk romance is a bonus book, lee jongsuk cute, lee jongsuk 2019, lee jongsuk drama, lee jongsuk romance is a supplement, lee jongsuk lee nayoung

https://www.kpopmap.com/weekly-romance-scenes-that-will-make-your-heart-flutter/

• Like 3

REVIEW: Romance Is A Bonus Book (2019)

rb.jpg?resize=625%2C343&ssl=1

Romance Is A Bonus Book is such a sweet delight! Charming characters blended with simple, soothing, feel-good narrative make it a pleasing ride. And the show loves books as much as I do. So yes, it had to win me over for that if for nothing else!

It is a story about a woman (Kang Dani) restarting her career after a break (marriage, children, household, divorce). It is about the obstacles she faces to find a job again and how she enters a publishing company by lying about her experience, posing as only a high school graduate. We also meet her best friend, much younger than her, and like any workplace show, other characters of the office.

Notwithstanding the first episode consisting of extreme tragic situation of our heroine, the drama keeps the touch very natural and subtle. I loved Dani right from the start — she is hard working, funny, mature, understanding, strong-willed and optimistic. I love that the show never makes her annoyingly cute or child-like. Lee Na Young plays the character with such an amazing naturalness, no over-the-top acting or exaggerated emotions. Cha Eun Ho (Lee Jong Suk) is a sweetheart! He keeps supporting her without being possessive or pushy. He simply wants to keep her happy. As a person, he is caring and kind.

rb4.png?resize=625%2C343&ssl=1

I adore that the second leads have their own individuality other than rivaling for love for main leads. They are good people and it’s so satisfying to see them move on from their unrequited love. Especially, Ji Seo Joon, who is a true gentleman and a sweet, sensitive and lovable person.

I do have to say that there were certain side stories and characters that I found kind of boring and didn’t pay much attention when they were on screen. I did enjoy the female bonding and general camaraderie between everyone. The show also suffers the same way as any story that is stretched more than required — fillers and nothing much left in the end. Also, the whole arc about Professor Kang was uninteresting and dull. And I was sad that the drama did not use the terrific teaser song anywhere!

rb6.png?resize=625%2C339&ssl=1

The drama gives us lots of book metaphors and references, not to mention a fresh setting about a publishing company. Books play a major part here and we even have a library date! Speaking of which, the main couple is as sweet as the cool summer breeze. They understand each other so well, and Lee Na Young and Lee Jong Suk have an effortless chemistry. Yes, the romance is pretty chaste but very warm and tender. I loved the secondary couple too, so cute and dorky.

rb3.png?resize=625%2C342&ssl=1

The cinematography is lovely with gorgeous shots. Lee Jong Suk is perfectly sweet and warm in the show. As I said before, Lee Na Young is spot on with her natural and understated acting. Wi Ha Joon is my new crush and Jung Yoo Jin again gives a strong impression as a woman who is workaholic as well as good-hearted. Kim Tae Woo is funny as the boss and Kim Yoo Mi is also great as the cold co-founder of the firm.

In a nutshell, Romance Is A Bonus Book is like a book that is not too deep or memorable but every chapter leaves you with warm fuzzies.

My Rating: 8 out of 10

rb2.jpg?resize=625%2C334&ssl=1

https://thedramacorner.com/2019/03/19/review-romance-is-a-bonus-book-2019/

• Like 2