Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

cr kdramaaa3

large_adc862c913ccd8cfcf29802ab0262f6500362060.jpeg

Actor Lee Jongsuk Reportedly to Join Kim Dami in Upcoming Film 'The Witch: Part 2' Following His Military Discharge

Lee Jongsuk might make a big-screen comeback soon. 

According to reports on November 24th, Lee Jongsuk has confirmed his first project following his military discharged. It's said that the actor will play alongside Kim Dami in 'The Witch: Part 2' which is set to release sometime next year. Lee Jongsuk himself will complete his mandatory military duty on January 2nd. 

The film is the second sequel of 2018's hit film of the same title. The first sequel of the film, titled 'The Subversion,' has been receiving much love from viewers inside and outside Korea and won multiple awards. It's a mystery action film written and directed by Park Hoonjung. The first sequel of the film features Kim Dami, Jo Minsu, Choi Wooshik, Park Heesoon, and Go Minsi as the lead actors.

https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2020/11/24/actor-lee-jongsuk-reportedly-to-join-kim-dami-in-upcoming-film-the-witch-part-2-following-his-military-discharge-388104

:doggie:

According to numerous article, Jong Suk will be discharged on Dec 31, 2020.    I do hope so.  Yay!

• Like 6

Just to clarify, this is not a lead role. He will be making a special appearance which will be "intense." So, a cameo. But it seems that he felt bad about having to turn down the offer to star in the first film (because of his uncertain military schedule), and so he happily accepted the offer to make an appearance in this second film. This is explained in this Korean article: https://news.joins.com/article/23928416

("Lee Jong Suk, who will be released on the 31st of next month, is expected to have a good warmup after returning to the scene, not in the lead role of the movie, but in an intense special appearance format.")

There is also this news report: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/469/0000556518

Translate of the article: 

Lee Jong Suk's Release from Military Service in December, We will notify you when there is a substantial return to work.

Input 2020.11.24. 9:32 am

Actor Lee Jong Suk announced the news of his military release in December. 

On the 24th, an official from Lee Jong Suk's agency A-MAN Project, said, "Lee Jong Suk is scheduled to be released in December. It is true that director Park Hoon Jung, who had a relationship with LJS in the movie VIP, offered him a special appearance in the new work Witch 2. After his release, if there is a work that will become a real return work, we will officially announce it." 

Lee Jong Suk, who began his military replacement service on March 8 last year, will return to his fans next month after two years. Therefore, many people are already waiting for Lee Jong Suk's comeback. 

Lee Jong Suk, who debuted in the 2010 SBS drama "Prosecutor Princess," actively communicated with the audience and viewers through various works before enlisting.

The most recent work was tvN's "Romance is a Bonus Book," which aired early last year. Attention is focused on which next work Lee Jong Suk will choose for showing a more mature appearance and acting once he is released. 

Reporter Hoyeon Lee hostory@hankookilbo.com

(Mostly google translate, which I turned into English)

So basically, Witch 2 is an appetizer. But I am sure that we will hear good news of many more projects in the future soon enough. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Lee Jong Suk In Talks To Make Special Appearance In “The Witch” Sequel Following Military Discharge

Lee Jong Suk In Talks To Make Special Appearance In “The Witch” Sequel Following Military Discharge

Nov 24, 2020
by S. Nam

Lee Jong Suk may be making a special appearance in the sequel to the film “The Witch: Part 1. The Subversion”!

On November 24, a source from Lee Jong Suk’s agency A-MAN Project shared, “Having a special connection with director Park Hoon Jung through the film ‘V.I.P.,’ Lee Jong Suk has been offered to make a special appearance in ‘The Witch 2’ (working title).” They added, “We’ll release official news on whether he will be starring in ‘The Witch 2’ and also regarding his actual return project after he has been discharged from the military and final decisions have been made.”

“The Witch: Part 1. The Subversion” is a 2018 mystery action film about a questionable accident that leaves numerous dead. The film tells the story that begins as a mysterious figure approaches high school student Ja Yoon (Kim Da Mi), who has lived a normal life without remembering the past after escaping alone the night of the accident.

After working with director Park Hoon Jung in “V.I.P.,” Lee Jong Suk was originally offered a role in “The Witch: Part 1. The Subversion,” but casting unfortunately fell through.

Although Warner Bros. Korea was initially in charge of the investment and distribution of “The Witch 2,” the company withdrew from the Korean film business, bringing uncertainty to production plans. Afterwards, NEW’s content production business subsidiary STUDIO&NEW signed an equity investment contract with director Park Hoon Jung’s film company, and NEW will be in charge of the investment and distribution of “The Witch 2.”

Lee Jong Suk enlisted as a public service worker in March 2019, and he will be discharged in December.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1439755wpp/lee-jong-suk-in-talks-to-make-special-appearance-in-the-witch-sequel-following-military-discharge

• Like 6

I am loving the fact that everyone is so excited to have him back and he's so happy to be coming back. It really is exciting to see after all this time. Seeing him on Soompi's front page made my heart flutter. :wub:

This entire military process has been a new experience for me. It might be common and something others have been through multiple times before, but I've struggled with it. It's a very unique situation to be very much alive and well, but then completely erased from life as we know it for such a long period of time. I can't think of many cases in which everyone is forced to move ahead without someone and then one day, they just suddenly appear again... almost as if it never happened. I am more than grateful that he seems eager to jump back into the life he had to leave behind. I think it's just had a different impact on me than I thought it would. I can't imagine what it must be like for him and every other man in Korea who has to go through it.

So some sources say December 31st (which had been rumored since January 2nd isn't possible), but A-MAN is saying December without a definite date. We can only hope and pray that means it could be even sooner than the 31st, but that's probably the safest date to assume. Either way, it already feels like he's coming back when we get news like this, especially hinting at another project being his "real" comeback. I can't wait for what he has planned!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, frozentundra said:

On the 24th, an official from Lee Jong Suk's agency A-MAN Project, said, "Lee Jong Suk is scheduled to be released in December. It is true that director Park Hoon Jung, who had a relationship with LJS in the movie VIP, offered him a special appearance in the new work Witch 2. After his release, if there is a work that will become a real return work, we will officially announce it." 

It appears that director Park Hoon Jung from “V.I.P" waited for him, just like us, patiently for almost 22 months. :mrgreen:  

I Appreciate You GIF by memecandy

• Like 5

Lee Jong Suk expected to resume activities soon after his return from mandatory service next month with a cameo appearance in the film 'Witch 2'

1606183642-20201123-leejongsuk.jpg

On November 24, actor Lee Jong Suk's label A-Man Entertainment confirmed with various media outlets, "Lee Jong Suk will make a cameo appearance in director Park Hoon Jung's film 'Witch 2'." 

Previously, Lee Jong Suk worked with director Park Hoon Jung for his hit film 'VIP'. The actor, who is currently fulfilling his mandatory military service duties as a public service worker, is expected to return some time next month in December. According to A-Man Entertainment, "After his discharge from mandatory service, Lee Jong Suk will resume acting and greet viewers through new projects."

Meanwhile, director Park Hoon Jung's 'Witch 2' is the sequel to the 2018 production 'Witch' starring Kim Da Mi and Choi Woo Sik. The mystery/action/thriller left many viewers on the edge of their seats with its ending. 

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/11/lee-jong-suk-expected-to-resume-activities-soon-after-his-return-from-mandatory-service-next-month-with-a-cameo-appearance-in-the-film-witch-2

• Like 5

Spoiler

cr JongsukGlobal for above all edits

Yessss....... we skipping the 2 days ... so happy !   Now 37 days left!
Hope Jong Suk-ssi feels the same too, seeing how the fans jumping with joy hearing the good news!  Am sure he is on sns somewhere.  

:issohappy:

• Like 7