Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

恭禧發財
Gong Xi Fa Cai
행복한 설날
Happy Lunar New Year 
Happy Chinese New Year 
Happy New Year 
Happy Seollal

Seollal – Lunar New Year’s Day (January 24-26)
Korean New Year (Korean: 설날; RR: Seollal; MR: Sŏllal) is the first day of the Korean calendar. 

Be Happy Everyone! :D

• Like 4

i've been trying to translate their comments but it is pretty hard for some reason. i think ko tae yong (beyondcloset) wrote something along these lines: “seungyoon, have a good lunar new year at home. jongsuk is going to make tteokguk. ㅠ next time join me”. but there's that 형네 that's bothering me because i don't understand who he's referring to. tae yong is older than seungyoon so he might be talking about himself actually, and i don't know where the sentence goes from there. because it could mean a different thing like: “hyung (me) will have a good lunar new year at home (which would make sense because seungyoon posted a picture in manila, so why would he be at home?) during holidays” and then comes the mention of jong suk as written above. i really don’t know, i might just be writing nonsense. i guess i’ll wait for someone else’s translation (if any) and then refine mine.

edit: i just realized it could mean: “seungyoon, happy lunar year. i’m going to my hyung’s house during the holidays, jongsuk is going to make tteokguk”… etc. i think this is the most logical translation, even though i’m not sure ko tae yong has an older brother… why don't they put commas where needed. lol.

Edited by Guest

Most Searched Korean Dramas Of 2019 Worldwide

What K-Dramas have you been searching for in 2019?

Google has the ranking of the most searched dramas worldwide so what are the dramas that interested K-Dramas viewers all over the world this year?

Here are the 10 most searched dramas.

5- “Romance is a Bonus Book

romance-is-a-bonus-book-tvn.jpg

“Romance is a Bonus Book” was not to miss this year. It was Lee JongSuk‘s first romantic comedy and also his last drama before enlistment. It was also the return of Lee NaYoungto the small screen. Many were curious to see their chemistry as Lee NaYoung is Lee JongSuk’s ideal type.

Full article 

https://www.kpopmap.com/most-searched-korean-dramas-of-2019-worldwide/

• Like 5

Glad to know that Jong Suk is doing well.:D

Designer Taeyong Ko commented on Kang Seung Yoon IG Update 25.01.20

@beyondcloset: 승윤아 구정 잘보내 형네집에 연휴에 종석이와서 떡국해먹는다 ㅠ 담에 합류해
Trans: Seung Yoon ah, have a nice Lunar New Year.

During the vacation, Jong Suk came to hyung's (brother's) house to make and eat Tteokguk (Rice Cake Soup) ㅠ (yu)

Join us the next time.

Kang Seung Yoon's reply to Designer Taeyong Ko's comment
@w_n_r00: @beyondcloset 으악 다음번엔 함께 ㅠㅠ
Trans: @beyondcloset Whoa, let's do it together the next time ㅠㅠ (yuyu)

• Like 3

Reasons Why “Romance is a Bonus Book” is a Big Bonus for Everyone

As for me, it’s not just a bonus. It’s a gift

With a light yet heartwarming plot, ‘Romance is a Bonus Book’ is not a typical romantic drama. The scriptwriter wrote it without following the romantic k-drama trend. ‘Romance is a Bonus Book’ would be a perfect match to any book lovers. However, although the drama is pretty much talking about books, it is still worth to watch for everyone.

To me, ‘Romance is a Bonus Book’ is not just a big bonus for my weekend. It’s a beautiful gift wrapped with a simple-yet pretty pastel colored ribbon. Here I am telling you the highlight of the drama. Let’s unwrap the present, shall we?

1*Mh6XNtR2-tT-kHU4AIig3g.png
Spoiler

1. It’s telling you how to publish a book from scratch

The drama puts the book publishing as the center of the story. Taking place in a publishing company, it allows you to see the process of how the book can be delivered to your hand-from the very first stage of how the book editor gets a potential manuscript to how the book will be ended in a paper recycling factory.

I can’t hide the hard feeling that occurred when I watched episode four, where Cha Eun Ho, an editor in chief, brought Kang Dan-I and the other two to the paper recycling factory. Cha Eun Ho said, “We can’t keep storing books that don’t sell, it costs money. This book was returned from a bookstore. People damaged it while reading it. More than half of the books that returned from bookstores are damaged, and the publishers have to deal with the losses,”

And then the scene portrays the behavior of readers that cause the book a damage-with or without their intention. After watched this scene, I suddenly had a feeling of guilt, and I make a promise to never put any harm on the book that I’ll read in a book store or any public space that provides me a free book.

“There is no book that comes into the world on its own. A book contains the names and hearts of many people who work hard behind the scenes. These books aren’t gone for good. After being torn into pieces, they become a paper again. Then through our hands, they’ll be born again as new books.” said Cha Eun Ho once again in his monologue.

Through the drama, I can see a new perspective. There are so many people behind the scene who put their utmost effort just to produce one book and also would be in a terrible regret if they found any little mistake in the book. After I finished watching this drama, I put a high respect to them who work in a book publishing company, and I wanna thank them for the blood, sweat, and tears they’ve put. Not only because they help bring the author’s dream into reality but also inspiring people with a good read.

1*yJeyj-3g0PekDhVhvG_3DA.png

Spoiler

2. Not that kind of cheesy romance, yet it still makes you smile like a fool

First-first, I have to admit that I’d love to take romance as one of my favorite genres. I enjoy it a lot actually. But, I also found that I can’t endure those cheesy and overpowering romantic scenes, where the actor fell in love right after he/she met someone. Duh… falling in love is not as easy as flipping your hand, dude.

Therefore, if you’re into a romantic drama with the lead male who diligently gives his lead female beautiful words, or acts like a prince charming riding the white horse, then I won’t recommend this drama to you. Rather than that, Romance is a Bonus Book offers you something else: heartwarming and light story you can always enjoy in a tiring day.

And I am so glad about the fact that this drama granted my wish. It was when Cha Eun Ho confessed his feeling towards Kang Dan-I.

He said, “I don’t know when I started to like you. From spring to summer. From summer to fall. And from fall to winter. Do you know when the season changes? Do you exactly know when the winter ends and the spring begins? I don’t exactly know when my feelings for you started to grow.

I can resonate to this scene personally. Love needs time to grow. You have to make sure that the feeling you have is not a temporary feeling or whatsoever. And you have to assess it once more, to make sure it is worth your effort or not.

Also, since the plot is using a book as the center, the writer often attached something that relates to the book in the dialogue. And it seems to be successful since the drama got recognition from the viewers.

One of the best dialogues, in my opinion, appeared in episode 11. There’s one scene in this episode where Ji Seo Jun-a young book designer who had a crush on Kang Dan-I, was trying to calm Kang Dan-I, who apparently was in a dilemma because of Cha Eun Ho’s love confession towards her.

“It’s not your fault, so please don’t feel guilty. Let’s fold the corner of our page for now. There are times when we want to take a break from reading a book. So we leave it marked by folding the page’s corner to read it later on. Let’s do that too. We’ll leave this page marked and open it again whenever you want to.”

1*Uv8NGrSIqKoQYUsFe9QE5A.png

Spoiler

3. Hard working Kang Dan-I

It’s hard to hold my tears whenever I saw Kang Dan-I struggled to look for a job. No matter she had tried her best to get one, she always ended up with failure.

Kang Dan-I was a former copywriter from the top tier advertising company. She had to left the job because of the marriage and has a daughter to take care of. Unfortunately, the wedding didn’t go well. The husband has cheated on her and left her behind with the daughter. To support their living, Kang Dan-I has to find a job. She has done dozens of interview session to fill a vacancy as a copywriter, yet she found it hard to get one since a long break she took to be a fulltime housewife.

Facing the difficulties, Kang Dan-I felt like the world has turned her down.

I feel like I can relate to her story. Looking for a job is not a simple task. Lucky if you get it for an instant. As for me, landing in a permanent job is something that I’m still struggling with.

In the end, Kang Dan-I got one that perfectly matches her skill and her wish. Although she had to give up her diploma certificate to get one position in the company, she always trying hard to get recognition for her marketing skills. From the position of book publishing support officer to marketing officer, slowly but sure, Kang Dan-I has climbed the ladder.

To me, Kang Dan-I is like a self-reminder to not give up easily on whatever you’re doing right now and to keep in faith that you’ll gonna make it someday and somehow. She tried her best but ended up with a dead end. However, if you never surrender and put the best effort altogether, the universe surely will open the door.

Full article:

https://medium.com/@togoandoreoo/reasons-why-romance-is-a-bonus-book-is-a-big-bonus-everyone-2089c80b0a78

• Like 5

1*xohIIxk9YC2ON0HW1-8KdA.gif

EPISODE 01
"That day, if I went to some faraway country, I'd be living a very different life now."+
"Cheer up, kang dan-i. she smiled as brightly as she could."
"'You look beautiful' he said. dan-i seemed like she did not hear him."
"'Don't cry dan-i. it'll be okay." she just needed some comfort."
"When I was in pain I thought of eun-ho. his name alone comforted me greatly."
"That day I realized that knights in shining armor only existed in fairytales." *
"We laughed and ran in the warm sun and my worries about the future disappeared."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1