Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

Hello, I'm Lia from Indonesia, and I want to share what I feel and think about this great actor we all love. 

Spoiler

The first drama of him that I watched was W. I watched it because the synopsis was incredibly interesting. As it was the first drama of him I watched, I thought he's a good actor and was really gorgeous. 

The next drama I watched was While You Were You Sleeping, because I really liked Suzy in Uncontrollably Fond. It's a great drama for me and yes, Lee Jong Suk acted really well there. 

After watching those two dramas, I haven't become his fan, but admire his acting skills and awesome look. I also noticed that both dramas have amazing plots and he had great chemistry with both actresses, so in my mind, he's an actor I'll look forward to, as in, if he makes another drama, I'll definitely watch it. 

Fast forward to 2019. 

So LJS is a great actor for me, and I suddenly read an entertainment news of him dating KNR. What surprised me was not the dating news, but the comments of Korean netizens on it, who said such bad things about him, and saying KNR better runs away and finds a better guy. 

I was stunned at this. What did he ever do wrong?

Is it weird if I say that's the start of me being his fan? I feel that he's great in his profession (an actor) and shouldn't be bashed. Further reading told me that some Koreans hated him for postponing his enlistment. Well, there are many Korean idols who acted worse than postponing an enlistment (a.k.a all those molka cases, providing prostitution, e.t.c) so even IF LJS postponed his enlistment until he really must go, what's the harm?

Also I think it's ridiculous for not believing that he was severely injured when he was 16. All those Korean netizens barely knew anything about his life, so why judge him? 

All these bashing makes no sense, and that made me wanted to support him, even just by watching his dramas, so I watched Romance is a Bonus Book, and swooned so much because of Cha Eun Ho. 

Then I went straight to Doctor Stranger. Sadly, the story was a bit off for me. It didn't feel like it was well-written. But he acted amazingly as a surgeon who didn't want to give his heart too much to his patients, yet ending up giving his all anyway. At least, that's how I saw his character in that drama. 

Regrettably as well, his chemistry with the main actress was bad as well. However, I don't think it's his fault, since the said actress was so stiff and bland. His chemistry with Kang Sora was better. I wished she played the leading lady. 

Next, I watched I Can Hear Your Voice. He's brilliant there TT_________TT 

The story was awesome as well. I finished it so quickly.

I previously watched School 2013, but quit at episode 8. I'm an English Teacher and watching the drama was exhausting. It felt like a teacher training and watching my daily struggles on my phone screen. Since I'm in a Lee Jong Suk fever mode, I finished the drama. It's a touching one, and wow, I'm glad to see his bromance with Kim Woo Bin. 

After that, I watched The Hymn of Death. I usually avoid tragedies, but it's him, so what can I do? It's a beautiful mini drama that showed Koreans' struggles during Japan's occupation. It's bittersweet and sad, but also a beautiful one. 

The next step is of course Pinocchio. I'm sorry, but Park Shin Hye is usually a name I avoid in dramas. However, I finished the drama because LJS is in it and the story is first class. After checking, apparently the scriptwriter is the same with I Can Hear Your Voice and While You Were Sleeping (cmiiw).

I already watched Secret Garden in the past because I'm a fan of Ha Ji Won, but I don't really remember LJS there. Maybe I should rewatch it. I haven't watched Prosecutor Princess, though, the drama he debuted in. 

However, I can proudly say, like most members of this thread, that I have watched all the dramas LJS starred in, and I'm now a fangirl of him. 

The number one thing I admire from him is how versatile he is. Lee Jong Suk is always a different person in all his dramas. As in, I always forget his other roles beside the one I'm watching, and I then even forget that he's LJS, and fell for the character he's portraying. I think that's a real talented actor quality. 

When his character feels happy, I feel happy as well. When his character is sad, I'm sad as well. When he's in love, I'm in love with the woman as well (if that makes sense) and when he wants revenge, I also want to kill whoever that is his character is hating. 

It's really rare to see a young actor having skills as near to perfect as he is. He never only memorizes and acting out dialogues. He becomes the characters. His attitude, behaviour, aura and even body language differ in all his dramas. He's amazing. 

Second, I'm awed at how his works have mindblowing stories. It's like his luck is golden. Or good stories follow him because he's such a great actor. Some actors have bad luck and always choose bad stories, or they get only bad stories to choose from. But it's not a case with LJS. 

The stories of his dramas are always bigger than the actors. As in, the story wins. It's not a Lee Jong Suk drama, a Park Shin Hye's drama, a Lee Na Young drama or e.t.c. But those are good dramas with Lee Jong Suk as the actor. I keep watching because his dramas got amazing plot. All are thrilling and exciting, making me can't wait to see what happens next. 

Add his acting skills to the drama and each story explodes with amazingness (I know I'm repeating the adjective, but bear with me).

Third, I really admire how he said he'd open a coffee shop, wanted to play an antagonist and started his own agency and fulfilled all of them. This guy is consistent, and he builds his dream with his own hard work. 

Fourth, I really admire how honest he is in his interviews. He says it when he feels overwhelmed by his fans, or that he used to just stay at the hotel despite having a vacation. He says he's often insecure about his acting (why though, you're already so incredible in it) and often feels stressed about it, but that he feels more relaxed in Romance is  A Bonus Book. 

He says he wishes he looks more manly so he could receives more manly roles as well.......

Don't you see what's amazing here? South Korea is a country that guards self-image as carefully as their lives. It's an ambitious, perfectionist, close to hypocritical country. That's why plastic surgery is a hit there. I read in an article, even if you graduate from Seoul University with a 4.00 GPA, but you're not good-looking by their standards, you won't be able to get a job in lots of companies. 

High school students study at school until 9 PM. If they want to enter the best universities, they continue to cram school until midnight. Nosebleed is normal there for high school students. 

I'm digressing here, but my point is, it's a country where most people would never want to show their bad sides. Everybody always wants to look as perfect as possible. So for LJS to share his insecurities and be so honest is shocking, refreshing and admirable at the same time. 

Fifth, he's the king of chemistry indeed. He looks good with all his actresses, creating ships with all his leading characters. I don't ship him with anyone because I can't choose only one. Park Shin Hye? Han Hyo Joo? Lee Na Young? He looks like he has "the best chemistry" with all his actresses, so I can't ship him with anyone. 

I do hope that he has someone or will have someone who fills his days with love, though. Because he deserves to be happy. Whoever he chooses, I'll accept it happily. Because happy LJS, happy me.

Last but not least, shall I talk about how he's so handsome he defies logic TT_______TT

No mortals should've been that gorgeous but he is and beyond TT__________TT

He's gorgeous times 10000000000000000!!!

That stellar acting skills and that good looks, is it fair that one person has them all?

But he is, so TT____________TT

All in all, I really admire him now. He's my favorite Korean actor. I will definitely watch all his works and will support him. I wish him the best during his enlistment, and will eagerly wait for his new project. 

Ah, I wish the law in China could change and his drama Jade Lover with Zheng Shuang could air already. 

I also thank all the members of this thread who post news and updates about him. So far, I'm reading back to this February and will continue. I'm grateful that this thread makes me know him more. 

I like to write fanfictions during my free time. I love him but I don't ship him with anyone, so I haven't written any so far, but maybe one day if inspiration strikes. 

Wow, this has become as long as a novel. If you've read this far, I thank you very much. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, ladylia257 said:

Hello, I'm Lia from Indonesia, and I want to share what I feel and think about this great actor we all love. 

Hide contents

The number one thing I admire from him is how versatile he is. Lee Jong Suk is always a different person in all his dramas.  

It's really rare to see a young actor having skills as near to perfect as he is. 

Second, I'm awed at how his works have mindblowing stories. It's like his luck is golden. 

The stories of his dramas are always bigger than the actors. 

Third, I really admire how .....This guy is consistent, and he builds his dream with his own hard work. 

Fourth, I really admire how honest he is in his interviews.. 

Fifth, he's the king of chemistry indeed.

Wow, this has become as long as a novel. If you've read this far, I thank you very much. 

Firstly, welcome on board @ladylia257   Secondly, sorry for cropping your above post.  I'd to thank you for sharing your feelings about Jong Suk-ssi.  Very well said!      As an actor, Jong Suk-ssi is very good in his craftmanship.  He truly draws the audience with his acting.  Many times, I was moved by his portrayal in each drama like as if you were meeting someone you secretly in love with, or got emotionally with in certain heart-wrenching scenes.       As a person, he is honest and straightforward that at times, he may be mis-interpreted by some.  However, this is one of his winning personalities, which we all fetchingly fall for him.

I was like you,  got to know him through W-Two-Worlds and read about him through the updates by our fellow sunbae-nims here in Soompi.  For this, I am forever grateful to the seniors here because through their postings - me back in 2016 -2017, I learnt much about him and was inspired to “wake up and move on” with my life.

I can’t express all my awe of him.  I am thankful to his parents that he was born in this era, thanking him for being who he is, as a person, actor and celebrity, spreading happiness, inspiration and love all the world. 

Jong Suk-ssi is this kind of person, he is not loud, quietly working diligently, strategizing behind the scenes to get into place,  to get ready for the next stage of his dream.   I can’t wait for him to shine further in his 30s.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@ladylia257 Welcome! You touched on two of the things that stand out so well for me, too, and what makes him my favorite actor. That ability to really get inside a character and make you feel so much for him, and also his unusual ability to freely acknowledge weakness and work on it. The side effect of that is that he is rather kind to the people around him (since he isn't trying to boost himself up over them somehow by hiding imperfections). 

I admire many people for their acting, but I wouldn't say I'm a true FAN of very many at all. But he's one of the few. :)

• Like 4

@kembie thank you for the warm welcome. And yes, he's an actor with amazing talents and admirable personality. I hope he'll continue to have a brilliant path in front of him. 

@frozentundra thank you as well for welcoming me. Yes, I feel from his interviews that he's actually an introvert. There are two sides of being an actor of his level. The job and being a superstar. It's obvious that he's in the K-ent world for the job. He loves acting to the point that he's obsessed with it, working in several projects per year and often criticized himself too much. He doesn't seem like he's enjoying the superstar part much, though. 

He reaches out to his fans in quirky, adorable ways, but he's never the "I'm glad I'm famous" type. 

I am a bit sad because he said in his past interviews, the real Lee Jong Suk never had much personal experiences, but recently he's reaching out more to certain friends, especially from his school years. Hope he's happier now. 

Another things I'd like to tell is, I'm not ready to take a break from watching his dramas yet. Though I've watched all his dramas, I'm now watching W for the second time. After that I'll repeat While You Were Sleeping. After that, maybe I'll explore his movies.

Also, because of him, I tried Sum37, lol. Oh Lee Jong Suk, the power you have over me!

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, ladylia257 said:

Another things I'd like to tell is, I'm not ready to take a break from watching his dramas yet. Though I've watched all his dramas, I'm now watching W for the second time. After that I'll repeat While You Were Sleeping. After that, maybe I'll explore his movies.

I waited as long as I could stand it to start a rewatch. I blew through W and am over 3/4 through School 2013. I think I'll watch RIABB next (even though it's fairly recent) because his character was rather sad in School 2013, and I think it would be satisfying to watch him whole and happy in his latest one. The boy who failed continually at school, doing worse on tests when he tried than when he filled in random bubbles without reading the questions, to the superstar editor, lol. (Yet...both of them love Na Tae Joo's poems!)

Have you watched High Kick 3/Revenge of the Short Legged? That's a sitcom, many very short episodes. It's like eating potato chips. You think you'll only try one...and suddenly you've watched 15 episodes. Lol. I watched that and thought, oh, Ahn Jong Suk, you feel lame and uncool now...but cheer up, someday you'll be cool Kang Chul! Lol. Anyway, if you are under stress and desperately need laughs with a warm heart underneath, High Kick is great for that. 

• Like 6

70671730_2459482970755656_3379288914261966848_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQkBawcZfPWOr9ZYnOv4DO1Q91C83R0brMfFernRZx482-ENk7iqEpwnRr-sLLmPfUU&_nc_ht=scontent.fbtz1-7.fna&oh=e64c218614fb477757e0812a641b7e1a&oe=5E056F45

FANART by kookiedoodlez

Happy bday to this amazing actor @jongsuk0206 that I love so so much, watching his dramas literally keeps me alive, he’s such a talented person and really makes the characters come to life.. I wish you a happy 30th bday and hope you’ll continue to inspire us and act in many other dramas !!!!! Plz tag him in the comments, if he sees my drawing I will be indebted to y’all for the rest of my life but in an EXTREMELY GOOD WAY

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2aB2WAg6-6/

• Like 5