Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

Kerbook posted a post in [Group] Actor Lee Jong-suk and Reading-"To You Spooky Today" . 
Reading king

Actor Lee Jong-suk read a poem and recommended a poem. The title of the book is "To You Spooky Today."
Isn't the title romantic?
You don't have to read from beginning to end. First, hold it for a week and read it.

• Like 7

13f4b7b1-1d3f-435b-a0e4-5a79d55c1405.png

Reading with Actor Lee Jong-suk-"To You Spooky Today"

I like to read enough to hear the words, "I don't know who's carrying books." There's nothing going on, but I didn't know if someone stole my carapace and just read my book. 
After that, he carries a bag instead of a carapace. 
It's heavy because the bag is full of books. So slow 

My hobby is to take out a lot of books in my bag and introduce them!

More information

Read along with Lee Jong Suk's recommendation to You. I have five missions in a week. Honorary reading master Lee Jong-suk recommended a poem that he loved. Featured videos are on the timeline below. 

https://d1onhczzmo7z1l.cloudfront.net/media/prod/08C9E92B_baf7ee03-0864-4cfd-ae45-7edfc742f1db_1567650068053.mp4

This quest is 0 won reading quest. If you complete all of the missions, we will return 150% of the sale price to Connects Book reserves. You don't have to read any books until the end. First, hold it in your hand for a week. Connects reading quest to get acquainted with books.

Membership Period   19.09.09 ~ 19.09.15

https://www.conects.com/archives/together/study/intro?category_id=128&channel=58815

P.S. So is it his official duty as public servant????

• Like 6
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, ibru said:

P.S. So is it his official duty as public servant????

it would be so beautiful if that's what he did! in any case i'm sure it would be something helpful, but this is on a whole new level: it connects to his last drama before enlisting and it is something he truly loves, poems and reading (and helping others).

by the way, does anyone else get the feeling he's getting more serious as he gets older? i mean, he still acts cute (much less than even three years ago) but it's not just that, now he emanates some kind of different energy, a different aura.

So, is this new or was this filmed before he enlisted? Just the fact that it's new to us makes it precious, but I would be curious to know for sure. I mean, this would fall under promo unless it has something to do with the public service he's doing, right? Even if it was filmed before enlistment, I know it wouldn't be ok to release a drama or photoshoot he had on reserve or begin a brand new campaign, so this doesn't seem like it would be ok either. Wishful thinking or...?

The poem is so sweet (and topical, considering the distance between us now) and like I've said before, his voice is magical. This really could help a lot of people.

47 minutes ago, kiyimae said:

by the way, does anyone else get the feeling he's getting more serious as he gets older? i mean, he still acts cute (much less than even three years ago) but it's not just that, now he emanates some kind of different energy, a different aura.

I've noticed, but I've kind of hoped it was just a side effect of having to enlist. I know he's talked about turning 30 and acting older, even that doing aegyo when he's 30-something would be silly... but I never felt like his "aegyo" was an act. It's just a built in part of his personality. I hope he doesn't feel the pressure to change who he is or how he acts just because of his age. If he's been "off" the last year or so because he had a hard time coming to terms with everything, I could see his spark being dimmer than usual. It'll be interesting to see if it's back in 2021 or if he continues to be more serious than he was just a few years ago.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, kiyimae said:

Thank you @ibru for sharing the info on JS's reading quest.  

@kiyimae Yes, I have noticed that he has somewhat tone down his aegyo elements.   During the last couple of FMs, could see that he was more composed and calm, in terms of speech and emotions (during interviews), except for the teary sessions which he could not hold back.    I believe he STILL has this big, playful kid in him.    And what I like to say is that amazingly,  he has this wonderful ability to emote within seconds,  in charming us with his sex appeal, matured and all, and be kiddy the next.  Of course, now going into his 30s, he is now more confident , manlier and hopefully bolder.   :blush:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hilllllllly said:

So, is this new or was this filmed before he enlisted? Just the fact that it's new to us makes it precious, but I would be curious to know for sure. I mean, this would fall under promo unless it has something to do with the public service he's doing, right? Even if it was filmed before enlistment, I know it wouldn't be ok to release a drama or photoshoot he had on reserve or begin a brand new campaign, so this doesn't seem like it would be ok either. Wishful thinking or...?

even if it was filmed prior to his enlistment, i think it could still reference to the service he's doing right now, like maybe he already knew what he would be doing and they allowed him to film this. but i doubt it's new new, because that looks a lot like the hair he had for romance is a bonus book or more recent sum37 ads, plus he would've cut it short by now because of military rules. perhaps it is okay since it's linked to his public service (in the eventuality that it really is)?

59 minutes ago, kiyimae said:

even if it was filmed prior to his enlistment, i think it could still reference to the service he's doing right now, like maybe he already knew what he would be doing and they allowed him to film this. but i doubt it's new new, because that looks a lot like the hair he had for romance is a bonus book or more recent sum37 ads, plus he would've cut it short by now because of military rules. perhaps it is okay since it's linked to his public service (in the eventuality that it really is)?

You're probably right. His hair does look very similar to the sum37 ads. I'm not sure what the hair rules are for public service. I know when they do their training it has to be short, but before then, I don't know. He wouldn't be bleaching it though and his hair wasn't that light (I don't think) when he enlisted. I just find the timing of this confusing. Why now and why is it ok? Not that I'm complaining, I just like to know every detail about everything because I'm extra.

• Like 2

I'm sure he filmed it before M.S. There are veeeeeery strict rules about doing ANYTHING to earn money or  promote your business during ms. (Psy had to do the full two years TWICE because apparently he was caught promoting himself.) And JS is going to be very, very careful on this. There are people who already have tried to falsely accuse him of doing business while in the military.* He won't cross that line, he's been very careful to avoid that. I'm sure he did this before; as others said, he has RIABB hair. And remember his last IG post? It said something about seeing us little by little as time went on, or something. Usually people film all cfs for the advertising period in one go, and then they are released gradually over time. I am sure this is the same sort of thing. Aw. It makes me kind of happy to think of him preparing all this stuff and knowing it would slowly come out as he was gone and people were missing him. Plus the poems. He has been promoting poetry for a long time now; it's thanks to him that I and a growing number of people have taken notice of Korean poetry. So even more than doing cfs, I just really love this sort of appearance. :)

Spoiler

*For those curious: the international fans saw that rumor as just about dating, but after reading the Korean reaction and the context it was in, I don't actually think it was about dating at all. One news outlet released three accusations against him in one day, all aimed at making him look bad to the  public and accusing him of breaking military rules. The first was that he was dating someone in his agency; the point was not dating (it is perfectly legal to have a gf while you are in the army); it was to enrage netizens that a guy who already is taking the easy way out by doing public service (in their eyes) was spending his time playing and dating instead of working hard in the army. Then a few hours later, after he said, um, no, actually, we're not dating, they came out with part 2, which was that he had recruited the actress during his military service, which would break the law about not earning money during ms. Then a few hours after that, they claimed that everyone in the agency had quit and implied that he would then be the one handling the agency affairs, plus also implying that A Man was having major issues. THAT is why he came out with the statement that he had officially taken himself off the books and was not CEO but merely an actor in the agency, that while yes, some staff left, they were replaced, and those people currently running the agency had handled all of the work to acquire new clients while he was in the military, and that once again, he is not dating the girl from his agency. And he is willing to bring a lawsuit against those creating and distributing such stories. 

From what I could tell, his longtime Korean fans were quite distressed at all of this harassment. Reactions online in Korea included a significant portion of readers who felt the journalist had something against JS, especially since there was literally no proof except for these anonymous "sources" claiming such (no pictures, video, and no one even hinting this before the story). Plus of course the legal documents regarding the agency that can be easily verified. So for all of these reasons, I strongly think that he is not doing all of these clips in real time, but that he prepared them in advance. (The random writing on windows and tumblers, though...I think that is real time. I don't see how graffiti breaks any rules. :) )

Then again, if it filmed it after he started service, it still doesn't make money for him, so I dunno, maybe it's ok. (Like if the government for some unknown reason decided it was time to promote poetry among the general population??) But with regards to the hair...it does seem it was filmed before. 

Hey, whenever it was filmed, I'm just happy to see it!

• Like 4

I've done a rough translation of the video clip. If you have corrections, by all means let me know and I'll edit it. But this is at least hopefully a more accurate version than some of the strange things IG can produce...

Hello to the members of Connects and those of you in your 20s who can’t sleep in Korea. I am Lee Jong Suk.

I’d like to introduce to you a book (some books?) I personally like. The first book I’d like to introduce to you is “To You Who are Frivolous (or Bored?) Today.” In Romance is a Bonus Book, I played the role of an editor. As an editor in that drama, I talk about the importance of poetry. Well, it was a pretty pathetic description. Poetry is the most important thing to (help us) find rhythm in our lives. The reality is that poetry collections don’t get a lot of attention in the publishing market. I also used to think poetry was hard. But I guess I’ve learned that life with poetry is a lot richer.

“To You Who are [Bored? Frivolous?] Today”is a collection of poets’ works. It lists the changes in the feelings people have about love. It helps us see different forms of love. If you’re having a hard time because of love, I recommend you take a look at it. I think you’ll find a lot of comfort and things to identify with in it. 

I personally like this poem. It’s Han Young Eun’s “Measurement of Love.” I’ll read it to you.

Measurement of Love

The more pleasant and beautiful things are, the better

But the less of your love, the better

Your love is something between you and me

To know the quantity of love, I have no choice but to measure the distance between you and me.

So when you and I are far apart, the amount of love is great

And when you and I are close, the amount of love is small

So a little bit of love makes me laugh, and a lot of love makes me cry.

When people move apart, love grows distant also.

If since you left, love has gone away,

What is it but love that reduces me to tears every day?

An invisible love that can be felt despite one’s absence. I think it was nice to be described with such honest words. How did you like it?This book comes out in a series of three volumes. It would be nice if you could read it with me. Thank you.

(Source of the original video in Korean: https://www.conects.com/common/template/detail?id=TmRObzZ0QnZweWFhTldWQytZeDcvUT09&post_type=normal)

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 5

@hilllllllly to go back to your concern, i think it is okay as long as he's not getting compensation for it now as in when the new stuff is coming out. he probably got paid for it before enlisting, that's why it's alright for sum37 to release ads/photoshoots and why this is okay too. if i remember correctly some new stuff from the ce& photoshoot came out after his enlistment. i'm pretty sure he is not allowed to earn money from any activity after he's enlisted. so all of these are "old" and already planned ahead.

i don't think sum37 would've released those ads in different periods of time - or yes, but not so far from one another. i like to think they're doing it because jongsuk is in the military and they want to feed us little by little with new stuff from him so that we (and they) don't run out that quickly. i also believe they decided this together with jongsuk himself, or maybe he was even the one that asked them if it was possible to do something like this.

1 hour ago, hilllllllly said:

So basically... "shut up and stop talking now"? Cool. That's very nice of you. I always feel so welcome here. I'd think the appropriate response would be whatever I want to say. I honestly came here to see if anyone responded or said anything else because I was having fun talking about this. What a way to make someone feel like crap and ruin their day.

Aw, I'm sorry. I did not intend it that way at ALL! I guess tone doesn't come through in writing very well. :( What I'm trying to do is to be happy along with you that he has put out this nice video--it lets us see and hear him, and it also gives us the entertaining opportunity to speculate on all the ways it may have happened. In the end, however it happened, we're just GLAD. I truly did not intend it as yelling or as meaning shut up in any way. I just mean that of all of the things we've talked about, maybe it's this or maybe it's that, but in the end we still get a nice video and can smile over it. I'm sorry for making you feel bad. It was truly not my intention. :( 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, frozentundra said:

I've done a rough translation of the video clip. If you have corrections, by all means let me know and I'll edit it. But this is at least hopefully a more accurate version than some of the strange things IG can produce...

Hello to the members of Connects and those of you in your 20s who can’t sleep in Korea. I am Lee Jong Suk.

I’d like to introduce to you a book (some books?) I personally like. The first book I’d like to introduce to you is “To You Who are Frivolous (or Bored?) Today.” In Romance is a Bonus Book, I played the role of an editor. As an editor in that drama, I talk about the importance of poetry. Well, it was a pretty pathetic description. Poetry is the most important thing to (help us) find rhythm in our lives. The reality is that poetry collections don’t get a lot of attention in the publishing market. I also used to think poetry was hard. But I guess I’ve learned that life with poetry is a lot richer.

“To You Who are [Bored? Frivolous?] Today”is a collection of poets’ works. It lists the changes in the feelings people have about love. It helps us see different forms of love. If you’re having a hard time because of love, I recommend you take a look at it. I think you’ll find a lot of comfort and things to identify with in it. 

I personally like this poem. It’s Han Young Eun’s “Measurement of Love.” I’ll read it to you.

Measurement of Love

The more pleasant and beautiful things are, the better

But the less of your love, the better

Your love is something between you and me

To know the quantity of love, I have no choice but to measure the distance between you and me.

So when you and I are far apart, the amount of love is great

And when you and I are close, the amount of love is small

So a little bit of love makes me laugh, and a lot of love makes me cry.

When people move apart, love grows distant also.

If since you left, love has gone away,

What is it but love that reduces me to tears every day?

An invisible love that can be felt despite one’s absence. I think it was nice to be described with such honest words. How did you like it? This book comes out in a series of three volumes. It would be nice if you could read it with me. Thank you.

(Source of the original video in Korean: https://www.conects.com/common/template/detail?id=TmRObzZ0QnZweWFhTldWQytZeDcvUT09&post_type=normal)

I am very grateful to those people who made such a gift to all Jong Suk's fans on the eve of his BD and to you personal for this translation @frozentundra :kiss_wink:

It seems that this book is still on sale since 2016

• Like 4