Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

5e097fdd965fb1c9027ce2306cdea1d7.jpg

"It's All Because of You"  Na Tae Joo & Lee Jong Suk

A poem from DVD, narrated by Lee Jong Suk

What a good view I saw back then.
What would I have done
if I hadn't seen that view? -
-
What good music I heard back then.
What would I have done
if I hadn't heard that music? -
-
You are such a good person for me. -
-
How pitiful it would have been
if we had never met in this world. -
-
In your presence
my body feels tingly (literally the word is itchy) all over.
A flowering tree. -
-
Now you and I are face to face.
Full between you and me,
a river of music is rising. -
-
Behind your back,
a quiet woodland.
As for this moment,
what a beautiful picture it is.
-

Translation by alaska.basin

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzgL7ZOgHxc/

Edited: @ibru

Spoiler

좋은 경치를 보았을 때
저 경치를 못 보고 죽었다면
어쩌했을까 걱정했고 -
-
좋은 음악 들었을 때
저 은악 못듣고 새상 떴다면
어쩌했을까 생각했지요 -
-
당신, 내게는 참 좋은 사감 
만나지 못하고 이 세상 흘러갔다면
그 안타까움 어쩌했을까요 -
-
당신 앞에서는
나도 온 몸이 근지러워
꽃피우는 나무 -
-
지금 내 앞에 당신이 마주 있고
당신과 나 사이 가득
음악의 강물이 일렁입니다 -
-
당신 등 뒤로
썰렁한 잡목 숲도
이런 때는
참 아름다운 그림 일렁입니다 -

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Rania Zeid said:

LeeJongSuk left another message at cafe 89mansion

“I miss you…❤
 I need you…”

It is so heart fluttering to know that he also misses us just as we miss him...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

In our hearts, others may come, others may go. But we hold a special place

in our hearts just for you, Mr. Lee. This special place is like a quiet

corner table in a restaurant with a "Reserved for VIP" sign on it.

D_JjV6KVAAEXogc.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, lanieqp said:

It is so heart fluttering to know that he also misses us just as we miss him...

I saw some people questioning if he's leaving these messages for someone special, but it seems pretty obvious to me they're for the fans. He knows we're looking and we're really the only people he can't communicate with or see. 

I notice there is less and less time between messages. They're also getting more obvious every time. It must really be hitting him now. Where he used to be careful not to say "I love you" or "I miss you", now he's just coming out with it. I hope that's ok.

He always seems to reach out when I find myself missing him the most. Like you said @lanieqp, it's so nice to know that he feels it too. Here in America, I think it's a perpetuated idea that celebrities are better than you, don't need you, won't miss you, and that you should be careful not to expect anything [more than the music, TV, or film they make] from them. I've always found that disheartening. Why wouldn't you love and care for the people who love and care for you? I've never seen anyone do that as well as JS. He leaves no room for doubt that he genuinely cares. He feels what we feel, almost as if on cue. 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, hilllllllly said:

I saw some people questioning if he's leaving these messages for someone special

Woah!! That made me think! :D When i first read the english translation of his message, it did struck  me as something seems off. Like why would he invite us to go for a trip. And like what you said @hilllllllly he used to be so careful not to say "i love you" and "i miss you"...and now an "i need you"?!!!! :unsure: When i first heard from you that some people think that his message MIGHT be for someone special , it kind of bring the message somehow into context...at least, for me. But you're right , if it's for someone special, it's not like him to put it up in public like that. He knows that we are the ones who ardently regarded that glass message board as our momentary link to him...his temporary IG. But if it is for someone special, i'd be the last one to mind because i would love to see him in love. :heart: Don't you? But for now, lets claim that the message is for us. IT.IS.OURS. :) We miss him...and he's missing us, too. :)

• Like 6

My Korean isn't great (currently working on it), but from what I can make of his message, I figured he mentioned going on a trip because it's (he's) too hot where he is. And I then I think he asked where his board went. I know he said "Where did my (blank) go?" Which might explain why he was writing on the window instead of the mirror. But I couldn't get many answers about what 보드판 means, other than board.  Then, of course, "I love you". 

IMO, this message aligns with his "secret code" wall and that was for us. Since the fans are pretty much the only people he's completely isolated from, I assume that's who he's missing. He also wouldn't have to ask someone he's interested in or dating to go on a trip via his cafe wall. And the same goes for "I miss you, I need you..." in english. Don't get me wrong, if he is in a relationship and wanting to share, I would be nothing but happy for him. I just think he's hoping we'll understand him and what he's doing, so I don't want to overcomplicate it or misunderstand.

10 hours ago, lanieqp said:

... he used to be so careful not to say "i love you" and "i miss you"...and now an "i need you"?!!!! :unsure: 

I was thinking about that today and it occured to me that now is when everything is probably hitting him. It isn't unusual for him to take some time off between projects and he enlisted right after filming. Until now, it hasn't been much different from how he's done things many times before. Now we're entering uncharted territory. This is when he'd start preparing for his birthday fan meet-up. This is when he'd start thinking about (or filming) his next project. He'd at least be doing some kind of ads or photoshoots to pass the time. He's hit that fork in the road where things are really going to become uncharted and scary. Maybe all that has forced him to realize how much he misses/needs us? It's really no surprise that he'd be reaching out more often and getting bolder with his messages when you consider it. 

Not to say that speculating or thinking of every possible scenario isn't fun. What else do we have to do for the next 540 days? <_<

• Like 6

What you are, Mr. Lee, can’t be conveyed in phrasal combinations.

It either screams out loud or stays painfully silent but...

it beats words...it beats worlds.

- a quote from a quote

D_jeXDvU0AAcmzU.jpg

(credits to the original owner of the photo)

• Like 4
  • Love 2